Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
Now I understand πŸ‘
Us Floridians dont know what snow is
There’s nothing like waking up in negative temps in the morning to find your vehicle completely covered in snow, and you have to make a few passes in front of it to dig it out. Chains are a must.

Rustynail11

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Rough country scratch and dent on ebay has an LED replacement set for $160...
What he said, I have a pair of the Rough Country's that I got from their scratch and dent. Work great and great beam patter. The "blemish" on them was some scratches on the housing the no one will ever see.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
I've noticed my stock halogen's high beam point up at the sky which makes it seem like it's even dimmer than the low beam, hoping it's a bulb problem and not the reflector design itself
I daresay your headlights aren't properly aimed.

How would snow build up on these?
Because LED’s don’t produce heat like halogens do. So in snowy climates the snow will build up on the LED headlights and reduce visibility as opposed to melting away.
Exactly right, Jim. ;)

Jeep Wrangler JL OMG 😲 /Front Headlights Replaced with LED 😍😎πŸ”₯ February

Sponsored

Tethmes

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLWS
Occupation
Management
I daresay your headlights aren't properly aimed.
How common is this from the factory I wonder? I haven't touched them since I took delivery and just figured it's meant to be where it is since it's stock. Maybe I should line it up on a wall and check it vs. where Jeep says it should be.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I’ve always had to remove the grille to replace the headlight bulbs. I believe it’s necessary. Really easy to do though.
Removing the grill on my JL is an incredibly time consuming and difficult job, with the winch. It has to be removed before the grill can come forward. That requires that the bumper be removed.

But changing headlight bulbs is fairly easy by removing the air cleaner box. It's been over a year since I put in my SV.4 bulbs, so I can't recall the exact procedure. But it was quick and simple without removing the housings.

Sponsored

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport Mojito!, 3.6L & '18 Ninja 400 KRT
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Removing the grill on my JL is an incredibly time consuming and difficult job, with the winch. It has to be removed before the grill can come forward. That requires that the bumper be removed.

But changing headlight bulbs is fairly easy by removing the air cleaner box. It's been over a year since I put in my SV.4 bulbs, so I can't recall the exact procedure. But it was quick and simple without removing the housings.

I didn't even think about this...thanks for the info and the video πŸ‘Œ

Those Sv4s tho.... 😍

Last edited:

modeler

First Name
d
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
rav4
I have same light, but I found the light beam is only on one side of the lamp. Coz the led unit is only face one side of the reflector.
And after two years of use one light is on and off. So I guess I got what I pay for, and want to explorer whole light set with factory quality

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer

Those Sv4s tho.... 😍
Right? They are super bright and have a great cutoff. I was thinking eventually I'd upgrade to OEM LED headlights. But since I've had the SV.4 bulbs, I'm thinking I'd miss all that light, especially when out in the sticks and I hit the high beams.

Tethmes

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLWS
Occupation
Management
Got my beamtech bulbs in the... on the porch today. (amazon doesn't put things in the mailbox) Will install them tomorrow while at work. Can't wait to see the difference, but now I'll have to get the fogs replaced as well. That'll look way too janky for me with one being replaced without the other ;)

OP
OP
NewbJLUOwner

NewbJLUOwner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon Diesel 2022
Vehicle Showcase
Got my beamtech bulbs in the... on the porch today. (amazon doesn't put things in the mailbox) Will install them tomorrow while at work. Can't wait to see the difference, but now I'll have to get the fogs replaced as well. That'll look way too janky for me with one being replaced without the other ;)
Let me say. I love it. Absolutely best freaking mod I've ever done
Easy
I can finally see at night πŸŒ™
Sponsored