Olga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2010 Ford Fusion
Build Thread
Link
I found a reasonably priced windshield sunshade that fits perfectly:

Jeep Wrangler JL Olga's 2021 Hydro Blue JLUR windshield-sunshade-amazon-with-sensor

At first I got a windshield sunshade from walmart ($22) per recommendation on this forum. Unfortunately it didn't fit since my jeep has a sensor box on the windshield, and the cutout on the sunshade was too small. I had to return it:

Jeep Wrangler JL Olga's 2021 Hydro Blue JLUR windshield-sunshade-walmart

I considered getting a teraflex windshield sunshade with a cutout for ADAS ($16 + $5 delivery), but I found the logo to be a bit too much:

Jeep Wrangler JL Olga's 2021 Hydro Blue JLUR windshield-sunshade-teraflex-with-ADAS

I paid a few dollars more and got one from amazon (~$30) that is also designed for ADAS (Advanced Driver Assistance Systems) but has no logos on it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Olga

Olga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I installed a couple of convenience items: a center console organizer and a glasses holder.

Center console without an organizer:

Jeep Wrangler JL Olga's 2021 Hydro Blue JLUR console

Center console with the organizer:

Jeep Wrangler JL Olga's 2021 Hydro Blue JLUR console-organizer

The organizer (~$15) is about 3 inches deep, so there're a few more inches of space left underneath it. The cords can be fed through the holes at either end of the dividing wall.

I noticed many people on this forum are buying a different console organizer (same price). But I decided against it because I don't need a coin section. I think it just reduces the size of the compartment I'd actually use:

Jeep Wrangler JL Olga's 2021 Hydro Blue JLUR console-organizer-alt

I also got a glasses holder (~$15 for a 2-pack). It matches the OEM visor perfectly. It works best with glasses that have thicker temples:

Jeep Wrangler JL Olga's 2021 Hydro Blue JLUR glasses-holder

Last edited:

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

It's funny that you chose that console organizer. I bought 3 different ones (including the two you highlighted here) but ultimately decided on the one you didn't like (with the light-hole).

The main reason (and what I'm trying to solve) is to have a place to put my phone. I have a "smaller" smartphone (Galaxy S21) and it doesn't fit well in any of the three. Not with a USB cord plugged in (for Android Auto).

The one with the light-hole works best. While it's not as deep as the one you chose, the little "wall" in the middle isn't as tall, so my phone can comfortably lay across the whole thing, while plugged in.

I may try to buy a right-angle USB-C cord, OR I may try buying one of those "saddlebags" organizers that straddles the center console up near the dash, and try keeping my phone in there instead.

Sponsored

harryG

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 renegade, 2021 willys (on order)
I installed a couple of convenience items: a center console organizer and a glasses holder.

Center console without an organizer:

Center console with the organizer:

The organizer (~$15) is about 3 inches deep, so there're a few more inches of space left underneath it. The cords can be fed through the holes at either end of the dividing wall.

I noticed many people on this forum are buying a different console organizer (same price). But I decided against it because I don't need a coin section. I think it just reduces the size of the compartment I'd actually use:

I also got a glasses holder (~$15 for a 2-pack). It matches the OEM visor perfectly. It works best if glasses have thicker temples:

I loike the console organizer, but being I sometimes head down to NYC , I decided on a Tuffy steel console vault. a bit of a pain to instal but Im happy with the extra security. Nice rig you have there.

OP
OP
Olga

Olga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
It's funny that you chose that console organizer. I bought 3 different ones (including the two you highlighted here) but ultimately decided on the one you didn't like (with the light-hole).

The main reason (and what I'm trying to solve) is to have a place to put my phone. I have a "smaller" smartphone (Galaxy S21) and it doesn't fit well in any of the three. Not with a USB cord plugged in (for Android Auto).

The one with the light-hole works best. While it's not as deep as the one you chose, the little "wall" in the middle isn't as tall, so my phone can comfortably lay across the whole thing, while plugged in.

I may try to buy a right-angle USB-C cord, OR I may try buying one of those "saddlebags" organizers that straddles the center console up near the dash, and try keeping my phone in there instead.
I also have a smaller smartphone (Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact). I just went and checked and I was surprised to find out that it didn't fit in the console organizer, at least not without the right-angle USB-C cord. My solution is to place the phone in the top compartment of the center console:

Jeep Wrangler JL Olga's 2021 Hydro Blue JLUR console-phone

As for the "saddlebags" organizers - I bought one but I had to return it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Olga

Olga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I bought a gear tray to add more storage space to my jeep. This storage solution seems like a great idea. It's not in the way and matches the interior well. But unfortunately it didn't fit my 2021 JLUR so I had to return it.

The problem is that the tray doesn't have a cutout on the passenger side to match one on the driver side. This corner prevents the tray from fitting well so there's a small gap, also it scratches the molding on the passenger side.

Jeep Wrangler JL Olga's 2021 Hydro Blue JLUR gear-tray

A scratch left on the passenger side after trying on the gear tray:

Jeep Wrangler JL Olga's 2021 Hydro Blue JLUR gear-tray-scratch

The double-sided tape didn't work either. I removed the red tape cover and applied some pressure, but the tray wouldn't stick to the console, even on the driver side where there's no cutout problem and no gap. I think the issue is that the shape of the tray doesn't match the shape of the console well.

And it's not just this particular brand. I've found at least 8 gear trays for 2018-2021 jeep wranglers sold under different brands on amazon. Judging by the pictures they all have the same design flaw.

I guess if someone really wants this tray they could cut that corner off, but I'm not doing that.

Update: as @CWRUYOTE noted below, different manufacturers might have slightly different molds so other brands might fit better. But I have a feeling they will all leave a scratch on the passenger side anyway, since they all have that corner.

Update 2: I bought two more varieties of this organizer:
this one and this one. Both of them were identical to the one I originally purchased. Without cutting the corner off like @rcadden did they just sprang back when I tried to install them. I returned them both.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Olga

Olga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Last edited:

Sponsored

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

CWRUYOTE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
Can you share some photos, specifically of the areas that @Olga highlighted? I'm very interested in this solution but want to be sure it fits.

Also, I see in your profile you have a "JLURD" - what's the D?
Per your request, here are some pics. The trays also have VHB-like tape on each side, but I didn't bother using it, as they fit securely for me. (I'll find out if they aren't secure when I go wheeling next week.)

D = 3.0L diesel

Hope this helps.

Apologies for derailing your build thread, Olga.

Jeep Wrangler JL Olga's 2021 Hydro Blue JLUR IMG_3901

Jeep Wrangler JL Olga's 2021 Hydro Blue JLUR IMG_3905

Jeep Wrangler JL Olga's 2021 Hydro Blue JLUR IMG_3906

OP
OP
Olga

Olga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Per your request, here are some pics. The trays also have VHB-like tape on each side, but I didn't bother using it, as they fit securely for me. (I'll find out if they aren't secure when I go wheeling next week.)

D = 3.0L diesel

Hope this helps.

Apologies for derailing your build thread, Olga.

Thanks for sharing. You didn't derail anything, your input is welcome.

I can see in the first photo the corner is there, and it'll probably leave a mark, but at least it didn't cause a gap on the passenger side, all looks very snug. I'm second-guessing myself now - maybe I just didn't wedge it in enough, even though I made two attempts to install it...

CWRUYOTE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
My trays sort-of snap in and hold tightly, but can still be taken out easily.

The variation is probably because the molds the different manufacturers have are all over the place....
Sponsored