I got my BonusDrive check today! It took them about a week to approve my application, and ten more days later the check arrived. Of course, $250 is less than 0.5% of what I paid for my jeep, but still, it's free money!
I wanted a second $250 check so bad I went back a week later bought a Grand Cherokee!
Glad it worked out for you. It’s saved me so many times.I call the gap between the front seats and the center console "The Abyss" because things have been lost there in my old car. I came across this foam pipe hack (thanks, @Jeepmarkjl !) and decided to implement it in my jeep.
I got 3/4 in. x 6 ft. foam pipe insulation for under 2 dollars and solved the problem in under 2 minutes.
Ironically, the only time I've ever dropped something (my phone) into The Abyss in my jeep is when I was trying to plug The Abyss. And it was a real PITA to fish it out, worse than in my old car. I'm really glad that The Abyss is no more.
And it looks totally OEM:
After reading the thread about door sill protection I decided to apply a clear vinyl tape and also attach plastic door sill guards.
I could've bought it pre-cut for $70, but I opted for a cheaper way - to buy a roll of tape and cut it myself. Now that I've gone through the tape application process I can tell that cutting is an easy part; applying is much harder. I chose a wider 12"x72" tape ($40) because I wanted the protection to go all the way down to the rock sliders.
I found the application instructions in this video very helpful. That guy made it look so easy!
So, here we go (rear left door):
Well, mistakes were made.
As I tried to cover as much of the door sill as I could, I cut a long piece of tape that goes over the groove in the door sill. I didn't think it would be a big deal, but for the life of me I couldn't make the tape conform to that groove. Then I just taped the piece straight over the groove as a bridge, but it came out looking horrible, so I later cut the tape along the groove with a razor. It turned out OK, but not great.
Lesson learned. For the remaining three doors I adjusted my design and cut the long pieces into two parts to be applied on each side of the groove. I also re-watched the video and noticed that the guy's water was soapier than mine, so I added a bit more dish soap to my spray bottle. That made a big difference. Yet another improvement was the addition of a small spray bottle with alcohol solution (70% rubbing alcohol to water 1:3) to be applied on edges and stubborn corners - it makes the tape stickier.
After these adjustments it took the same amount of time to do the remaining 3 doors as it did the first one.
The result (tape, front left door):
When you buy pre-cut pieces, you only get part A. My part B adds about 4" of coverage for the front sill and 2" for the rear one.
The following day I installed the door sill guards. My husband insisted we get the original Mopar ones ($65), but I think the knockoffs for under $30 would've been just fine.
The final result (tape+guards, front left door):
Phew . After all this problem solving and intensive squeegeeing I feel proud of myself as if I upgraded a part of the drivetrain or something.