Older Jeep colors you REALLY want to come back on the JL

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
Me too.... I even offered to pay extra when I ordered mine but they shut me down.....:(...
As soon as mine is ready for a paint job this is what it’s getting....:)
Yep, Colby will look good sitting in that color of Jeep:giggle: or on it :like:
Sponsored

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sahara mojito 2.0 - 2020 Sahara Bikini 2.0
Anvil
Xtreme Purple
Chief Blue
Hypergreen
Gecko
gecko.jpg

And I wish there was a matte green like this. (I know it isn't a former Jeep color, but it really should have been.)

MatteGreen.jpg

On second thought, they need to just make colors I don't like since I plan to keep my Jeep forever
I really like Chief Blue
l.jpg

MALL R8D

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon
I really like Chief Blue
l.jpg
When I bought my white Rubicon, there was a Chief Blue Rubicon and an Extreme Purple Rubicon on the lot as well. I love color (obviously, hence my hair), and I was very tempted. I just didn't love the color as much as I loved the features of the JL.

OP
OP
joshg

joshg

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Moab, Tesla Model S P90DL, Audi R8 V10 Spyder 6MT
Commando Green
Hyper Green
Sahara Tan
Gobi
Tank
Can we make a rule that if you nominate a color here, you have to include a picture of each? Nice to show others what these colors look like... though in this case, I believe all these had a picture somewhere earlier in the thread.

Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
From the pic, it looks like Anvil is really close to Sting Gray, no?
Anvil has a lot more color in it. Kind of blue/green depending on the light.

MALL R8D

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
From the pic, it looks like Anvil is really close to Sting Gray, no?
Anvil is almost steel blue. It is definitely gray, but with a strong blue undertone. Sting grey changes in the light a lot. It looks gray with a bit of a greenish cast

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
Alright, I'll be that guy:
I'm fine with all the color options. I like the Mopar heritage/ race car/ candy/ obscenely bright colored Jeeps and as someone who grew up in the 80/90's, and was not a fan of any of the drab, dark, metallic earth tones offered on the Wrangler- I say leave them in the past. Give us more insane and obscene race car colors.
Bring Back any of these:
Hyper Green
Gecko
Plum Crazy (or another Mopar heritage style purple)
Hydro or Chief Blue
Nacho/Dozer
Inca Gold
Orange Crush

I'd like to see them Keep Firecracker Red, Mojito, Punk'n and HellaYella as options, maybe mix or swap them with a few of the old colors year to year. I'm not saying they should be the ONLY options, but my opinion: We don't need 1249843903546 shades of gray/ silver.

I was going to suggest Impact Orange, but I FINALLY saw the metallic in my Punk'n Orange Jeep yesterday and I've settled- Punk'n > Impact Orange. I'm good with that staying dead.

One suggestion, though: I love the heritage/ throwback stuff. Can we get some options for Retro (Think 70/80's CJ's and SJ's) graphics and colors, incorporating it into the Rubicon as well? One of the things I go back and forth with a lot is if I want to swap out my JLUR Decals for some retro 70-75 CJ-5 Renegade hood stripes, but instead of saying "Renegade" it says "Rubicon". For reference:
1946-1986-jeep-cj-28b.jpg

Those Jeeps were badass and the Renegade was the Power package up until '75, meaning it came with the V8 and the Levi's interior. Maybe we don't need the Levi's interior, but some retro touches would be cool. I actually think the JL designers did a pretty good job with some of the retro touches back to the Wrangler's heritage.

JB4818

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon; 2022 Ram 1500 Rebel
Vehicle Showcase
There is a TJ in my neighborhood that is this color, which I believe is called bright jade satin glow (wranglerforum.com). I call it teal. They have a white hardtop and I really like it. Even my wife, who is not a fan of blue, likes this.

And now to alienate 75% of the members on this forum: Even though it is close we are not a fan of the new bikini blue, although it is better option than all of the various grays and white on the JL.

image-1711659502.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP
joshg

joshg

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Moab, Tesla Model S P90DL, Audi R8 V10 Spyder 6MT
Wow, I'm just blown away by all these older Jeep colors... so many nice ones. Jeep/FCA should be commended on their creativity and willingness to keep experimenting with great color choices.

Is anyone aware of how often an older color comes back out of retirement to be offered again? Or do they tend to just make up a new slightly different color (like Sting Gray) and introduce it as a new offering? Any examples of long-retired colors coming back years or decades later?

MALL R8D

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wow, I'm just blown away by all these older Jeep colors... so many nice ones. Jeep/FCA should be commended on their creativity and willingness to keep experimenting with great color choices.

Is anyone aware of how often an older color comes back out of retirement to be offered again? Or do they tend to just make up a new slightly different color (like Sting Gray) and introduce it as a new offering? Any examples of long-retired colors coming back years or decades later?
I don't know about long-retired, but they definitely have reused a paint code with a different name. Nacho on the JL was Dozer on the JK

Nomad

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I don't know about long-retired, but they definitely have reused a paint code with a different name. Nacho on the JL was Dozer on the JK
I wonder if they never sold as many in Dozer as they planned, and had paint reserves to use up. Then when it was gone there was no way they were ordering more.