OP
OP
PavementWarrior

PavementWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL
Funny thread, but ".....this bad boy needed a V8 obviously...." would be awesome and ridiculous :like:
He actually did put in a V8, that thing is a beast. It was/is always a bit cooler than other Jeeps in the area.
Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
I went back and forth between getting a used YJ or getting a JLU. In the end I went with the JLU for my daily driver but one day I want to add a YJ as a weekend vehicle.

And I know that YJ is not old school enough for some people but it was my first Jeep so I'm partial to them.

And I like square headlights so there.

Blown7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 Hellcat powered CJ7..... 2007 Jeep SRT8...2018 Trackhawk
You know your old school OG when every new model is not as good as the model you have, for myself I own the best year/ model ever produced a
1943 MB..... period. End of story.

Sponsored

Jondrew

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
You know your old school OG when every new model is not as good as the model you have, for myself I own the best year/ model ever produced a
1943 MB..... period. End of story.
I had a 2a which was similar. I’d always dreamed of owning a fully functional M38A1

CriticalMass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various
Old School:
Only paid $8,000 so they can overlook all of the Jeep idiosyncrasies and have leftover money to fix the inherent problems in their cheaply made utilitarian vehicle. Moreover, dealing with those problems make them feel more manly because comfort and reliability is for pussies and suffering is life. Totally worth the headache because the top and doors come off and it can go anywhere.

New School:
Paid $60,000 and find it difficult to overlook all of the Jeep idiosyncrasies because at that price and in this day and age those problems should be non-existent considering vehicles costing less than 1/3 of the price don't seem to suffer the same issues. Moreover, dealing with those problems is a huge inconvenience and takes time away from what is truly important: enjoying the ride. Totally worth the headache because the top and doors come off and it can go anywhere.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Old School:
Only paid $8,000 so they can overlook all of the Jeep idiosyncrasies and have leftover money to fix the inherent problems in their cheaply made utilitarian vehicle. Moreover, dealing with those problems make them feel more manly because comfort and reliability is for pussies and suffering is life. Totally worth the headache because the top and doors come off and it can go anywhere.

New School:
Paid $60,000 and find it difficult to overlook all of the Jeep idiosyncrasies because at that price and in this day and age those problems should be non-existent considering vehicles costing less than 1/3 of the price don't seem to suffer the same issues. Moreover, dealing with those problems is a huge inconvenience and takes time away from what is truly important: enjoying the ride. Totally worth the headache because the top and doors come off and it can go anywhere.
Well done, sir! Bravo!

663.gif

Sponsored

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Ram TRX, 20' Gladiator LE
Old School:

New School:
Well, if you paid $60k I'd be upset with myself then at the JL. I'd put you in with the Land Rover crowd that pay a lot more for a lot less in quality, resale value and smarts.

DCELL

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JL Sahara, Ford F150
Miss our '84 Scrambler/CJ8. Had 112K miles on it when I finally gave it to my neighbor for a hunting truck in late '90s. It finally died, from rust I think, nothing in the power train...

TJEli

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep, truck, car
Old School: Getting bloody knuckles from the steering wheel in my 79 CJ7 with manual steering and brakes.

New School: Looking down and realizing I am going 85 on 37" tires.

-Eli

KDB

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 Door JLR
Vehicle Showcase
I had 3 JKU's and 1 JLU, but now I have a JLR. What am I? Please help!!!!! :)
New old school?
Old new school?
Option D: none of the above?
A happy jeeper :rock:
Sponsored