Old Man Emu Lift Kit for JL

TRZ

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, Ocean Blue
ExtremeTerrain claims the kit does include front control arms and track bars.
Sponsored

TxJeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Loved the ride OME springs and shocks provided on one of my JKs. This is a complete kit and is at a competitive price point for parts included. This kit should be considered and know you are getting top shelf quality. That said, get the light load. Only get the heavy load if you are building a true overland setup with RTT, fridge, and all the other heavy goodies of an over lander.
I know MC is popular and won’t knock them. I ran them on one of my JKs and it was great. Now between them and OME, I liked the softer ride of the OME. Ride quality is subjective. I prefer more Cadillac vs Corvette.

McCoys

First Name
Kai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I will be getting this lift installed next month.

This lift does indeed include Fr Lower Control arms and Front and Rear Adjustable Trackbars.

My only concern even with the HD springs, I am currently running the ARB Classic Deluxe bumper that weighs 190lbs. I will be adding a 80lb winch shortly which will bump up front end load to give or take 270lbs. The front springs are advertised to provide 190lbs of additional load. I hope this will not cause my front end to sag. Anybody have any experience?

Sponsored

McCoys

First Name
Kai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I just had this lift installed with light duty springs. I will try to update on ride/trail impressions after I get some miles on everything.
Jeep Wrangler JL Old Man Emu Lift Kit for JL A833BAE9-8189-4E7D-84EA-F4781565C653

Jeep Wrangler JL Old Man Emu Lift Kit for JL A833BAE9-8189-4E7D-84EA-F4781565C653

What size tires you running?

JoepCO

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Sting Grey
Vehicle Showcase
Great ride on the trails and on the highway. I do get a little more roll on my city road turns, but It’s a worthy trade off given the performance on the first two.

McGilli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara Unlimited Altitude
Great ride on the trails and on the highway. I do get a little more roll on my city road turns, but It’s a worthy trade off given the performance on the first two.
Nice!

I've ordered and have these set for install on Oct 21 - light duty springs for me... I've only ever driven the stock suspension so looking forward to feeling how they respond :)

Sponsored

hubbit

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Nice!

I've ordered and have these set for install on Oct 21 - light duty springs for me... I've only ever driven the stock suspension so looking forward to feeling how they respond :)
I have an JLU Sahara as well. I like the softer ride of the stock suspension. How does the ride firmness/quality of light duty kit compare to stock? Any pictures of your JLU after install?

McGilli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have an JLU Sahara as well. I like the softer ride of the stock suspension. How does the ride firmness/quality of light duty kit compare to stock? Any pictures of your JLU after install?
Wow - I don't remember the feeling of the stock suspension much!

For day to day driving - if I never went off-road it would not be worth the cost. It's just not 'that' different when rolling at city speeds on flat ground.

However, I spend my weekend in FSR's which are so bumpy - and that I had a direct comparison to. I did one particular FSR the weekend before the install, and the weekend after and it's night and day different. Just soaks up more of the bumps.

But it's still stiff, in the sense that if I'm on a gravel road at speed it's still a jittery ride.

Here it is when it came out of the install bay (I have the stock 18" wheels and tires):

Jeep Wrangler JL Old Man Emu Lift Kit for JL IMG_8631

And for other photos, I have them all over the place LOL here are a few links:

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...-scenic-jeep-photos.60230/page-7#post-1321590
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...h-your-jeep-today.10720/page-276#post-1336580
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...h-your-jeep-today.10720/page-274#post-1329942

hubbit

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Wow - I don't remember the feeling of the stock suspension much!

For day to day driving - if I never went off-road it would not be worth the cost. It's just not 'that' different when rolling at city speeds on flat ground.

However, I spend my weekend in FSR's which are so bumpy - and that I had a direct comparison to. I did one particular FSR the weekend before the install, and the weekend after and it's night and day different. Just soaks up more of the bumps.

But it's still stiff, in the sense that if I'm on a gravel road at speed it's still a jittery ride.

Here it is when it came out of the install bay (I have the stock 18" wheels and tires):

Jeep Wrangler JL Old Man Emu Lift Kit for JL IMG_8631

And for other photos, I have them all over the place LOL here are a few links:

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...-scenic-jeep-photos.60230/page-7#post-1321590
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...h-your-jeep-today.10720/page-276#post-1336580
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...h-your-jeep-today.10720/page-274#post-1329942
I love the look of those yellow shocks! When I had my JK, I had the Eibach sport lift and the thing was so stiff it rode like a beefed up golf cart. This time around I am looking for something to get me a bit higher without sacrificing the softer ride of the Sahara. I'll do some fire roads, gravel roads, and deep snow in my area, so its important to have a little more clearance.

Did this take the factory rake out? Looks like it dips just a bit in the front.

Thanks for the info!

JoepCO

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Sting Grey
Vehicle Showcase
For me I noticed a slight (maybe 0.5") rake when my hardtop wasn't on, but now that it's winter and my hardtop is back on the Jeep seems level.

I haven't put on a winch yet, but I am curious to see how much that brings the front end down.

Jeep Wrangler JL Old Man Emu Lift Kit for JL IMG_4200.JPEG

McGilli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did this take the factory rake out? Looks like it dips just a bit in the front.
I'll be honest - LOL I just had to go and look up what rake is...

So I just measured ...

The front end is ~1" lower than the rear.

I wish I had measured before putting the winch on...
Sponsored