Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
I haven’t touched one yet but would be curious. At that price point though I’d say go with the MC true dual rate lift and you’ll get f/r trackbars. To me the OMU seems expensive for what you’re getting

Brett

Uhdinator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport HT 2.0T Auto, 2003 TJ Rubicon HT
Vehicle Showcase
Had a 2.5" OME kit on a 2003 Rubicon 2 dr HT. It only included springs and shocks with the TJ kit and was about half the cost of the JL kit. It was a good ride and not really much different from stock.

Taren

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Systems Administrator
Vehicle Showcase
If you do decide to go with an OME lift kit for the new JLs, be aware that ARB does not provide installation instructions. To quote their purchasing manager:

"The Suspension is installed using the standard practices and procedures outlined in the vehicle manufacturer’s service manual for removal and replacement of components."

Given this, I would suggest that you look at kits which do have installation instructions, especially if you want to install the lift kit yourself.

Remmy

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon, 2017 F250 6.7, 2018 Expedition
You're not getting much for the money IMO.

Sponsored

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
I haven’t touched one yet but would be curious. At that price point though I’d say go with the MC true dual rate lift and you’ll get f/r trackbars. To me the OMU seems expensive for what you’re getting

Brett
Agree with Brett, $1700 can go a long way elsewhere.

PaPasJP

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I had an OME on my JK and loved it.

But at $1700 I would look at others.

Taren

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Systems Administrator
Vehicle Showcase
It's not so much how good the lift kit is (ARB does make good products, admittedly). It's about the level of service they provide.

When I spend $1500+ for a product, I should be able to get (at the very least) installation instructions, as well as first-rate customer support.

Their customer support is all right (nothing to write home about), but had they provided instructions, I wouldn't have needed to call them in the first place.

This is my last purchase of any ARB products.

TRZ

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, Ocean Blue
Extreme Terrain has the lift kit for $1558: https://www.extremeterrain.com/old-...nsion-lift-kit-omejl4dlks.html#product_pics-0

The kit has adjustable front control arms and adjustable front and rear track bars. Based on past experience, the kit will closely approximate stock ride quality.

While I’m not looking to lift my JLUR until the spring, I am tempted to purchase the lift now at that price (other vendors are charging in the $1770 range).

Sponsored

InvertedLogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JTR
I had the OME HD springs and NitroSport shocks on my TJ. It was really, really stiff around town. Not sure if I would recommend it again.

OP
OP
Arterius2

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
I had the OME HD springs and NitroSport shocks on my TJ. It was really, really stiff around town. Not sure if I would recommend it again.
Yes their HD springs are indeed stiff..

Ratings for the springs in the heavy duty kit are 90-190 lbs front and 300 lbs rear. Ouch!

Your profile picture is really similar to @mgroeger!:giggle:

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
If you do decide to go with an OME lift kit for the new JLs, be aware that ARB does not provide installation instructions. To quote their purchasing manager:

"The Suspension is installed using the standard practices and procedures outlined in the vehicle manufacturer’s service manual for removal and replacement of components."

Given this, I would suggest that you look at kits which do have installation instructions, especially if you want to install the lift kit yourself.
I mean, you're removing factory parts and replacing them with aftermarket parts. While I like have instructions, changing out springs, shocks, and front LCAs is about as straight forward as it gets.

Token

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Extreme Terrain has the lift kit for $1558: https://www.extremeterrain.com/old-...nsion-lift-kit-omejl4dlks.html#product_pics-0

The kit has adjustable front control arms and adjustable front and rear track bars. Based on past experience, the kit will closely approximate stock ride quality.

While I’m not looking to lift my JLUR until the spring, I am tempted to purchase the lift now at that price (other vendors are charging in the $1770 range).
The picture shows track bars, but the description doesn't mention them. They are not in the "what's in the box" section either.

InvertedLogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JTR
Yes their HD springs are indeed stiff..

Ratings for the springs in the heavy duty kit are 90-190 lbs front and 300 lbs rear. Ouch!

Your profile picture is really similar to @mgroeger!:giggle:
Indeed! I went HD because I carried a bunch of gear in the back most of the time and was tired of nailing bumpstops constantly on fire roads. I will say in the rough stuff, it did great. The faster you went, the better. Around town though, it would rattle your teeth out.

We must have stood on the same rock :)
Sponsored