Sponsored

Old Man Emu BP-51

TxJeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
I have run Old Man Emu on a Land Rover and JKU. With my JLU I wanted to keep it all ARB. I like the quality of their products. That isn't to say that Kings aren't amazing. You can't go wrong with either.
Makes sense. I've run OME as well and they are quality.
Sponsored

Alamein.sajib

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Firecracker RED JLUR
It's about a 4-4.5" lift. I added 1/2" spacers to mine. I am very happy with the ride. It feels great on the road and on trails. I haven't messed with the adjustment much. I'm going to experiment with it a bit more next time I'm at Rausch.
Interesting..i was quoted a 2.5" in front and 3.5" in back for the lift (on a Rubicon).

4" lift (excluding the spacer) is pretty high.. i assume you are also using OME springs? what rate are they (standard, Heavy Duty or Extreme Heavy Duty).

Did you change any other suspension component? any of the Control Arms?

OP
OP
unaseer

unaseer

First Name
Umar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Interesting..i was quoted a 2.5" in front and 3.5" in back for the lift (on a Rubicon).

4" lift (excluding the spacer) is pretty high.. i assume you are also using OME springs? what rate are they (standard, Heavy Duty or Extreme Heavy Duty).

I am running heavy duty springs. I've got an adjustable track bar on the front and a track bar bracket for the rear. I also have rancho control arm brackets up front and adjustable arms for the rear. I also installed 4 OME trim packers. One on top of each spring. The trim packers and the spacers and big bump stops are what I needed to clear my 40s.

Alamein.sajib

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am running heavy duty springs. I've got an adjustable track bar on the front and a track bar bracket for the rear. I also have rancho control arm brackets up front and adjustable arms for the rear. I also installed 4 OME trim packers. One on top of each spring. The trim packers and the spacers and big bump stops are what I needed to clear my 40s.
Thanks Mate. Clarifying the 4.5" lift you are talking about will this be inclusive of the 40" tyre? as the tyre will give you around 2.5-3.0" lift vs stock 33" tyre no? or just the lift itself? otherwise combined you will be looking at 7.5" lift!!! (3" from tyre and 4.5" from the body lift).

OP
OP
unaseer

unaseer

First Name
Umar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks Mate. Clarifying the 4.5" lift you are talking about will this be inclusive of the 40" tyre? as the tyre will give you around 2.5-3.0" lift vs stock 33" tyre no? or just the lift itself? otherwise combined you will be looking at 7.5" lift!!! (3" from tyre and 4.5" from the body lift).
Here's what I know for sure. It sits way higher than when I was running 3" EVO springs with Metalcloak shocks. It is every bit of 4 inches or more of lift. I'm in Northern Virginia if you'd like to test out the suspension.

Sponsored

Alamein.sajib

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here's what I know for sure. It sits way higher than when I was running 3" EVO springs with Metalcloak shocks. It is every bit of 4 inches or more of lift. I'm in Northern Virginia if you'd like to test out the suspension.
I am from Downunder (Australia) so no visit to Northern Virginia with current pandemic!

Thank you for your reply though.

OP
OP
unaseer

unaseer

First Name
Umar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I am from Downunder (Australia) so no visit to Northern Virginia with current pandemic!

Thank you for your reply though.
Ah nice! My brother from down under! The birthplace of my favorite brand! ARB!

Last edited:

SBS

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon

Did you end up going with the OME kit with BP-51's? Would love to know what true height was gained. I'm in Australia as well. ARB said its 3.5 in front and 2.5 in rear but think that's measured off a base model not a Rubicon. Rubicons are already another inch or so higher through suspension which should mean the actual lift on a Rubicon is less. The kits are advertised in the US as giving Rubicons 2.5 inches but concerned with what's said above about it being much higher and our stupid laws.

Alamein.sajib

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you end up going with the OME kit with BP-51's? Would love to know what true height was gained. I'm in Australia as well. ARB said its 3.5 in front and 2.5 in rear but think that's measured off a base model not a Rubicon. Rubicons are already another inch or so higher through suspension which should mean the actual lift on a Rubicon is less. The kits are advertised in the US as giving Rubicons 2.5 inches but concerned with what's said above about it being much higher and our stupid laws.
No i ended up not getting the lift. few of the ARB shop would not fit the BP51 themselves, as the lift is over the "Legal Limit" of 55cm/2" hence they are not allowed to install without engineering certification.

They will happily sell you the kit for self (or outside) installation though, which is weird.

I am waiting for them to release a true 2 inch BP51 lift kit before i install, i would like to stay at the safer side of legal/insurance for first few years of the ownership.

MaggieJeep

First Name
Maggie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY20 JLUR Granite Crystal
Occupation
Architect
Any advise that you've got on the shocks or the install process is appreciated. I don't have any experience
No i ended up not getting the lift. few of the ARB shop would not fit the BP51 themselves, as the lift is over the "Legal Limit" of 55cm/2" hence they are not allowed to install without engineering certification.

They will happily sell you the kit for self (or outside) installation though, which is weird.

I am waiting for them to release a true 2 inch BP51 lift kit before i install, i would like to stay at the safer side of legal/insurance for first few years of the ownership.

I spoke to ARB, apparently the 2.5" is coming mid 2021. They only have 3.5" lifts now.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Beowulf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
I am very interested in reports of the small 2.5" lift.
OMEJL4DBP51HK
JL 4 DOOR BP-51 HEAVY KIT
$3625

It seems everyone is talking about AEV, Terrafles, or others, but not much on OME.

They seemed much more popular on the TJs and even into the JKs, but I don't see much chatter regarding the JL. Have they been slow to market with continued R&D refinement?

Jeep Wrangler JL Old Man Emu BP-51 1608406102200

FunWagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
I am seriously considering the OME BP-51 for an Unlimited Rubicon. I wanted the 3.5” Clayton Off-road lift kit, but it looks like I may have to do the 2.5” Clayton Off-road lift kit. Both kits actually run higher and my Jeep will be very light (still being built). I wonder if I will have issues even with the 2.5” lift? So is the 3.5” kit out of the question?

hockeynut258

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Anyone have any reviews of the OME lift kit or BP-51’s? Really considering this kit but hard to find reviews on JL’s.
Sponsored