Sponsored

Okay, what are you cooking while camping. Trying to up my camp cooking game.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I do most and usually all the cooking when we go Jeep camping. Well just about any type of camping.....

Show off your skills or pass on your favorite recipes.

To get this started, yesterday, I cooked a coffee encrused ribeye. While I cooked it in the house in a cast iron skillet, this will be amazing cooked over a fire.

I srubbed the steak with a Tuscan olive oil, salt and pepper and then covered it in fresh Black Rifle Coffee grounds and let is sit for about two hours at room temperature before putting it on a hot skillet. I cooked it about 4 minutes per side. I was delicious and I will experiment some more to fine tune it.

Jeep Wrangler JL Okay, what are you cooking while camping.  Trying to up my camp cooking game. 1611394815852

Jeep Wrangler JL Okay, what are you cooking while camping.  Trying to up my camp cooking game. 1611394931404

Jeep Wrangler JL Okay, what are you cooking while camping.  Trying to up my camp cooking game. 1611395021110
Sponsored

PA-Punkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR, 2012 BMW 328 Wagon, 2002 BMW 330 Cabrio
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
At home I make a pot of chili and freeze some in a plastic container. Keeps well in the cooler, we have as our 1st dinner meal. Heat it up, serve with some rice, very easy, hearty meal.

m3reno

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLU
I do most and usually all the cooking when we go Jeep camping. Well just about any type of camping.....

To get this started, yesterday, I cooked a coffee encrused ribeye. While I cooked it in the house in a cast iron skillet, this will be amazing cooked over a fire.

I srubbed the steak with a Tuscan olive oil, salt and pepper and then covered it in fresh Black Rifle Coffee grounds and let is sit for about two hours at room temperature before putting it on a hot skillet. I cooked it about 4 minutes per side. I was delicious and I will experiment some more to fine tune it.

Jeep Wrangler JL Okay, what are you cooking while camping.  Trying to up my camp cooking game. 1611395021110

I can almost taste it!! That looks awesome!

wolf

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On my third Rubicon(2dr's 2020, 2015 jetta diesel/2013 mb
Occupation
retired
After a day of wheeling I usually to tired to cook so I like to break out the Army C-rations. Steak and potatoes are not bad. You can have the green eggs and ham. Before any one starts saying you can’t buy them. Try your local military base commissary.

Thunderjet

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 F350
Used to go on long hunting trips when I lived in Alaska, 10-14 days. Most of the food we would prepare for dinner was cooked and vac sealed and frozen at home. Then when it was time to eat the package was tossed into boiling water and heated up and eaten. No mess, no clean up. We would even vac seal pizza slices then crisp up the crust on a hot skillet.
Exceptions were made for fresh moose tenderloins and fish we caught in the rivers close to camp.

Sponsored

Micky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
That steak looks awesome. My son and i like to season a thick steak, put it directly on red ambers for 2-4 minutes each side. And eat it at Med Rare. it is suprisingly good and fun. Ashes dont stick either.

But you need something to go with it. My favorite and easy. Cut a pepper in half or quarters, clean out the insides of any seeds or 'white'. put shredded cheese (your choice) plus oregeno. cook on grill or over fire till bottom chars and cheese starts to brown. you wont regret it.

TA1ton

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I haven’t tried any of this myself...but this guy’s cooking always looks awesome. Of course...you’ll have to come prepared...

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Fresh fish. The only reason I go camping is to fish, it would be a shame not to eat them.

calemasters

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited, & Escalade
Occupation
Retired Mechanical Engineer
Ted, Your steak looks awesome.

As for me, I just cook whatever roadkill I can find.

jdeolivares

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4xe

Boy that looks delicious!

Sponsored

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
At home I make a pot of chili and freeze some in a plastic container. Keeps well in the cooler, we have as our 1st dinner meal. Heat it up, serve with some rice, very easy, hearty meal.
Chili and rice? What the hell?!

PA-Punkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR, 2012 BMW 328 Wagon, 2002 BMW 330 Cabrio
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve been told my burgers are awesome

50% ground sirloin/50% ground chuck

Mix
Salt/pepper
Blended onions
Weber’s burger mix
Worcestershire sauce
Peter Luger’s sauce
Mix again
Make patties
Thin slice of stick butter

my personal add on: mozzarella cheese

it’s a nice feeling when half of your party approach you to say “that was an excellent burger.

OP
OP
wibornz

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I’ve been told my burgers are awesome

50% ground sirloin/50% ground chuck

Mix
Salt/pepper
Blended onions
Weber’s burger mix
Worcestershire sauce
Peter Luger’s sauce
Mix again
Make patties
Thin slice of stick butter

my personal add on: mozzarella cheese

it’s a nice feeling when half of your party approach you to say “that was an excellent burger.
I will try this with burgers.

Eyeball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ & 2023 JLUR
After a day of wheeling I usually to tired to cook so I like to break out the Army C-rations. Steak and potatoes are not bad. You can have the green eggs and ham. Before any one starts saying you can’t buy them. Try your local military base commissary.
Know this is an old post and you have likely died of botulism by now from eating expired c rations. If not, you might want to double check the expiration date on any C-rations you might find. They have not produced those in about 40 years.
Sponsored

Last edited: