Sponsored

Ok, you ordered and are waiting, how are you preparing for the arrival?

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon
Ordered Sahara for wife, cant molest it too much, she is vertically challenged so no lift.

Bought Eastwoods inner frame coating, fluid film and anti rust plus rivets to take the liners in wheel wells out. Already have rust encapsulator paint and chasis black epoxy.

Will power was it underneath and rip it apart to properly rust proof.

Have set of gpc grab handles and cargo cover, ordered with dual tops and mopar mats.

Will clean up bay in garage and fabricate a lift for hardtop.

also will Llumar PPF put on it and some mopar mud flaps.

debating doing ceramic coating myself
Sponsored

18RubiJLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C7 Z06, JLUR
As far as rim size do you do any full on off-roading? If not go with the larger rim for looks, if you off-road smaller rim for the ability to air down and have that much more tire before it damages the rim.

I looked those up very cool combo. I have some tsw rims that have the black pattern, but it is cool how they did the silver in a sort of sudo flame look on it. Those will be pretty sharp with some 35s
Yeah don’t want to rule out off-roading completely so most likely will go with 18” rims. Thanks for the feedback on the rims, someone here in forum has same rims but with red flame pattern and they looked very cool on his red rubicon.

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes 550 GL (wives), 2013 Shelby GT500, 2019 Rubicon on order
Decided to wait to order 2019 Rubicon, so the order/delivery wait begins. Have decided on Red Rubicon with black fenders and roof. Metalcloak 2.5 gamechanger lift (although still not out yet) Metalcloak front bumper LOD rock rails, signature series LOD rear bumper Zeon 10s Black Rhino armory wheels w/35s Red Drings front/back Remove stickers Rigid A-pillar or bull bar lights Have a Shelby GT500 that I never did anything to, can't leave the Jeep alone and dont even have it yet. What is it with these things?

18RubiJLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C7 Z06, JLUR
I'm now leaning toward rough country drop steps, for wife and kid these seems to provide the right 'help' compared to Roam.
http://a.co/gDeIJoi

Sponsored

18RubiJLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C7 Z06, JLUR
How much clearance do you loose?
I couldn't find anywhere how high the step is from the ground for a Rubicon with 35s. I did find out from a member that Roam steps are 19" high on front and 20" for the rear so I'll probably go with them.

Meanwhile, following items already ordered: Mopar spare reinforcement kit, Mopar mats, Mopar grab handles, Mopar sill guards and Shorty 5" antenna. I'll order the tires and wheels next week when labor day sale kicks in.

OP
OP
Sunin-Retired

Sunin-Retired

First Name
Sunin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ocean Blue Rubi on order, 2013 Prius c, 1999 10th Anniversary Miata
I couldn't find anywhere how high the step is from the ground for a Rubicon with 35s. I did find out from a member that Roam steps are 19" high on front and 20" for the rear so I'll probably go with them.

Meanwhile, following items already ordered: Mopar spare reinforcement kit, Mopar mats, Mopar grab handles, Mopar sill guards and Shorty 5" antenna. I'll order the tires and wheels next week when labor day sale kicks in.
Grats that I’ll be awesome. I’m going to run stock for a few years and then upgrade
Sponsored