First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Since there are no X or Sport decals and it looks plain, I’m going to guess it’s a 4 cylinder, probably with an automatic.

Edit, just saw the Sport decal, but it doesn’t look like the OEM one.

The dealer would make more money by putting some stock wheels back on. Then make more on the side by selling the crazy wheels and tires that are currently on it separately, since they are quite expensive once you get over 22”.
Sponsored

Jay 13

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
If you guys believe that bc this particular owner has ridiculous rims that the Jeep was well cared for and never off-roaded, I've got a bridge to sell you. There could have been multiple owners that beat the shit out of this thing, never changed oil, pulled a trailer (obviously did), or whatever else. If I am buying a used Jeep I am hoping for bone stock or I know a lot about the previous use. Personally prefer to buy Jeeps new, especially considering the top notch resell value.

But also, to each their own.
Just contacted the original owner. Turns out he wasn’t pulling trailers.
matter of fact.....he was the one being pulled!:giggle:
Jeep Wrangler JL Ok.. so who traded this in? 😆 EAFD829F-C3ED-4E3E-879B-FFE090F30718

Last edited:

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
If you guys believe that bc this particular owner has ridiculous rims that the Jeep was well cared for and never off-roaded, I've got a bridge to sell you. There could have been multiple owners that beat the shit out of this thing, never changed oil, pulled a trailer (obviously did), or whatever else. If I am buying a used Jeep I am hoping for bone stock or I know a lot about the previous use. Personally prefer to buy Jeeps new, especially considering the top notch resell value.

But also, to each their own.
I wouldn't assume it was well cared for, just that odds are extremely high that it hasn't been off-road. Nothing more said or implied. The logic is that someone is not going to put thousands of dollars into wheels like that, which are clearly for appearance, and then risk scratching them on a rock/stick/etc while off-road. Not to mention the poor traction those tires would give off-road, which further indicates that it probably never left the pavement.

You make a valid point about multiple owners and service, which I wouldn't have ruled even before you mentioned it. However that's all easy enough to check with a simple history check. Any service (oil changes, tire rotations, etc) that are done by a private individual/owner won't show up, so you'll only know if a shop did the work. You'd also learn if it had a lot of warranty work in it's early life, or damage repairs. These are things you should check on with ANY used vehicle.
Obviously when buying used you need to do a little research but some times it's worth it. I do agree though, that the high resale of the Wrangler makes it much more appealing to buy new. You don't take as much of an initial hit as you do on other vehicles.

Sponsored

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
Just contacted the original owner. Turns out he wasn’t pulling trailers.
matter of fact.....he was the one being pulled!
Jeep Wrangler JL Ok.. so who traded this in? 😆 EAFD829F-C3ED-4E3E-879B-FFE090F30718
Yeah, but he wasn't too happy because the tow vehicle only had 1 horse power.

Fusilli Jerry

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (2.0T, 8spd)
Sweet. Gotta air down though on Fins and Things. Make that ride CUMMFEE

LMFAO.

Northridge offers a custom kit for onboard air compressor. It's a straw, and instructions on how to blow through a straw.

0II392II0

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURH
Surprised some eco- hasn't commented on what horrible mpg it probably gets yet lmao!

Last edited:

Sponsored

Htfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S - 3.6L
Vehicle Showcase
And that Jeep looked good to the previous owner too. Not my thing, and obviously not a popular choice either, but clearly someone liked it since they spent a fair amount of money on those. Good on them for doing what they liked with their vehicle and not bowing to social norms.
You are absolutely correct. I agree. "To each his own" as the old saying goes.

It's similar to someone putting a lift on a Prius and installing off road tires.

RedundanT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
That right there is some top notch logic. You are absolutely correct on both counts. Funny that most people wouldn't even consider buying it because of something as easy to change as the wheels/tires.

And that Jeep looked good to the previous owner too. Not my thing, and obviously not a popular choice either, but clearly someone liked it since they spent a fair amount of money on those. Good on them for doing what they liked with their vehicle and not bowing to social norms.
You freaking serious?

No IFS

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Warning : No Unauthorized thought or speech will be tolerated.

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician
Kind of new here, don't post much. But I found this browsing auto trader and thought it was to good to not share.

Jeep Wrangler JL Ok.. so who traded this in? 😆 1611785669999
We have a JK in town like this, but the wheels are chrome.

Whiskey 13

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU Black Rubicon, LOD Signature Mid Width Bumper, Smittybilt Gen 3 12000 Lb. Winch Syn. Rope, Teraflex 1.5" Leveling Kit, Weather Tech Form Fit Mats, ROAM MK 3 Frame Mounted Rock Rails
Do those wheel require a tailgate reinforcement? :CWL::CWL::CWL:
Sponsored