Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
"Smoked mullet"? Is that when your hair catches fire?
Hahahahaha! That reminds me of when I was in the chow hall of a northern military post, and at the breakfast line I asked for grits. The head cook looked at me and asked, “What’s a grit?”

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
For years, I have stated that you can be completely happy with a sport or Sahara model. In fact, I had 3 combined. But deep down inside. . . Buried between my secret dislike for Texas BBQ... was me wanting a Rubicon. Not because it needed to cross a grand mountain, or ford a spectacular stream... because they just seemed cooler. Then, when the JL came out, they had that extra division of style from the hood and fenders that just made them look sweet. Ladies and fellas, I broke down and traded my 18 Sahara for a 20 Rubi. Gets here next week.

I accept your stones and arrows, but will happily take possession in a few days. I suck.
self_hi_five.gif

sudeepi

First Name
Durga Prasad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara UL, 2014 Honda CR-V
Doesn't make you a hypocrite. Your taste changed. Rubicon's don't cost but a few thousand more than a Sahara. Money's definitely not the reason to get a Sahara if you prefer a Rubicon. I'm one of those vary rare ones that didn't get a Rubicon because I don't like the look of the higher fenders. I know, most like that look but I just don't. Either way, happy for you!
Just before booking my Jeep in 2018, I injured my shoulder in an adventure and my wife strictly ordered, "No more adventures, respect your age" and then I ended up ordering Sahara. And it suited well for my height (I'm 5'3") than Rubi. Happy with it.

COJLGirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe, 2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4...
Yeah, I also dislike TX BBQ. BBQ is supposed to be made out of pigs. I don’t know what the hell TX thinks they’re trying to pull with beef ribs. It’s BS.

And to the lesser important topic in your post, Congrats on your new Jeep. What color?
:giggle: Hilarious...I won't judge! I'm partial to Memphis and South Carolina BBQ myself.

Sponsored

agpthng

First Name
Carol
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLU
Congratulations! I'm on my 2nd Wrangler, the first being a 07 JK 2 door, which my husband said for 12 years you/we should've gotten a Rubicon. I reminded him we've gone places that Rubicon's couldn't follow us so my pay the $$. Once again it was time to buy a new Jeep, I got a 19 JLUS (Sport S) and didn't get a Rubicon. Same story you should've gotten the Rubicon, I didn't want to pay the price for them, didn't like the options or the looks. No judging here - enjoy whatever you chose for your ride.

jdegrave

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Forte, Pathfinder, JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Director Financial Systems Support & Governance
My ‘19 Rubicon Unlimited won’t be climbing over anything more challenging than the speed bumps at my local mall but I don’t care. Love the looks of it! You’ll definitely be ducking some projectiles here but who cares. Your money. Drive what YOU like!
Sponsored