Oil pan skid.

SSWIM

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too Many
Like thread says. Anyone know of a vendor building one yet? It is vulnerable for sure.

Sorry if it has been posted somewhere, I couldn’t find it.

Thanks
Sam
Sponsored

Outrun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392XR
I haven't seen anything yet but some of the aftermarket manufacturers are just barely taking delivery of their 392's. I'd imagine the oil pan skid and suspension systems will be the first things out since they are unique to the 392.

Rob97RR

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392 XR Rubi, 2023 C8 Corvette Z06 & 2023 Ducati
Occupation
Stay at home dad to 2 munchkins, best job in the world!
I hope someone comes out with one for that oil pan drain ASAP. Won’t be long till one of us cracks that thing wide open.

*Cough* I’d bet whoever is first to market with one will sell a ton of them! *cough cough* :bandit:

0II392II0

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURH
I hope someone comes out with one for that oil pan drain ASAP. Won’t be long till one of us cracks that thing wide open.

*Cough* I’d bet whoever is first to market with one will sell a ton of them! *cough cough* :bandit:
Jeep Wrangler JL Oil pan skid. 20210522_192353

Already nicked mine, I'll be starting a thread here talking about this and another bit of information I've tested enough to confirm.

Sponsored

jsore

First Name
James Sorenson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 GC Trailhawk, '21 392 traded, '24 392 ordered
Yikes. In the meantime something like this would be better-
7251827-24.jpg
Something with a low profile like this one and a skid-plate would be a greay solution.. This high profile of the OME plug is not a great design. Thoughts anyone.

Outrun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392XR
Something with a low profile like this one and a skid-plate would be a greay solution.. This high profile of the OME plug is not a great design. Thoughts anyone.
It wouldn't be hard for the aftermarket to make. I am hoping somebody makes one with a UHMW plate over the bottom of it. If not I will just add a piece to whatever comes out.
Jeep Wrangler JL Oil pan skid. jeep-4-oil-pan-skid-plate2

The advantage of a flat bottom drain plug and low profile means no hump in the plate like the 4.0 oil pan skid above.

Ideally a stout aluminum one with UHMW skid on the bottom.

Outrun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392XR
https://metalcloak.com/jl-wrangler-2-door-undercloak-integrated-armor-system-3-6l-motor.html

I know it's not just the oil pan, but, might as well do the whole thing lol. They're still in progress of making their 2021 revisions
IMO, you would be better served with something like this. It is aluminum so it's lighter and does better with corrosion along with UHMW lined so you wont hangup on rocks.
Jeep Wrangler JL Oil pan skid. PXL_20201118_181455688_1080x

And this company makes them already for JLU with 6.4L swaps so they might be the first which is good.

Shamwedge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S | 2 Door | 6 Speed | Hydro
IMO, you would be better served with something like this. It is aluminum so it's lighter and does better with corrosion along with UHMW lined so you wont hangup on rocks.
Jeep Wrangler JL Oil pan skid. PXL_20201118_181455688_1080x

And this company makes them already for JLU with 6.4L swaps so they might be the first which is good.
Who makes this?

Sponsored

Shamwedge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S | 2 Door | 6 Speed | Hydro
Next Venture Motorsports.

TBH, I don't know why ALL manufacturers don't offer UHMW. Game changing stuff.
Bummer they don't have one for the 2 door yet

0II392II0

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURH
Like thread says. Anyone know of a vendor building one yet? It is vulnerable for sure.

Sorry if it has been posted somewhere, I couldn’t find it.

Thanks
Sam
I have been in contact with Metal Cloak twice, as of my call yesterday they already had a 392 in the shop and where taking digital scans of the under carriage. I believe from what I got that one of the three skids where the same, one might need minor adjustments and the mid skid is the one needing to be designed. (It was stated the gas tank skid is a direct fit)

0II392II0

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURH
Next Venture Motorsports.

TBH, I don't know why ALL manufacturers don't offer UHMW. Game changing stuff.
I have yet to see a review or video of UHMW yet, do you have some information you could share please?
Sponsored