Sponsored

Oil Pan Skid Plate

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
Sorry but... LOL!!! You throw a locker in the front and instead of blow the axle you blow the engine.

I do know the JL D44s are wider then the M200s and if I had to guess based on some things I heard have different tubes or more gusseting at the pumpkin.
I dont know about you...but it's tough for me to take axle advice from a person who installed a lunchbox locker and blew their engine on 2015 jk.:lipssealed:
Sponsored

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
Hahaha it’s all good, sucked at the time but situations like that make great stories right. Know what was even more of a kicker was, it went 1 week after I put the order in for my JL hahah Word to the wise tho, if you notice you have a leaking front or rear main seal don’t go in deep water lol

The M220 is wider but I haven’t seen any information stating if tube thickness is different from the M186 or M200. I know the HD44 you can order for the JL is a lot strength and had the FAD/CAD delete, that would be the way I’d go if I was to swap out the front M186
I’ve got no worries about the stock 186 and 220 under mine holding up with 35’s.
You plan to wheel it hard with the stock axles and 35s? Think you will put lockers in it?

Thanks for the heads up on the rear seal. My '04 LJ has a the rear main seal leak and it just sat in a puddle for 45 mins the other day. Don't know if it was up to that point but both axles were buried, front tire was 3/4 buried and rear was 2/3 buried.
Interesting thing about my seal, if you start the engine and move it in the garage or just around block and park it, it will leak. If you give it a good run and achieve operating temp for 10 mins or more it won't leak. My guess is the seal swells as it gets warm and by the time it cools down the oil has already gone past it into the pan.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I dont know about you...but it's tough for me to take axle advice from a person who installed a lunchbox locker and blew their engine on 2015 jk.:lipssealed:
LOL, it's all good. One thing for sure... there are more opinions than Jeeps on this forum. BTW... I PM'd you a couple of questions.

stil2low

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep jk
You plan to wheel it hard with the stock axles and 35s? Think you will put lockers in it?

Thanks for the heads up on the rear seal. My '04 LJ has a the rear main seal leak and it just sat in a puddle for 45 mins the other day. Don't know if it was up to that point but both axles were buried, front tire was 3/4 buried and rear was 2/3 buried.
Interesting thing about my seal, if you start the engine and move it in the garage or just around block and park it, it will leak. If you give it a good run and achieve operating temp for 10 mins or more it won't leak. My guess is the seal swells as it gets warm and by the time it cools down the oil has already gone past it into the pan.
Yes sir, waiting to see what comes to market for the front. Locked front with the LSD rear is great for up here, locker rear is obviously better crawling but since it’s still a DD the limited is nice to have during our winter months so the nanny system doesn’t freak out as much and burn up break pads
Instagram is the same as my user name if you care to follow see how well they hold lol

You should be ok, the TJ motors sat high and would need to be relatively deep to drown the seal. The old 3spds were problematic in water, the breather was right behind the torque converter and would suck any little bit of water that came near it. I dropped my buddies transmission and tapped it for a external breather after swamping it twice lol
And it’s probably a combination of the seal swelling and everything else expanding to close the tolerance and stop the leak for a bit

Wish I had the GoPro running for it, only picture I have my brother snapped after I was trying to get out and it snuffed out. Was able to get it fired up and limped her home tho!

4BDD42E4-FE70-4CA0-9A33-DF2F4A40F462.jpeg

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
LOL, it's all good. One thing for sure... there are more opinions than Jeeps on this forum. BTW... I PM'd you a couple of questions.
Yes sir, waiting to see what comes to market for the front. Locked front with the LSD rear is great for up here, locker rear is obviously better crawling but since it’s still a DD the limited is nice to have during our winter months so the nanny system doesn’t freak out as much and burn up break pads
Instagram is the same as my user name if you care to follow see how well they hold lol

You should be ok, the TJ motors sat high and would need to be relatively deep to drown the seal. The old 3spds were problematic in water, the breather was right behind the torque converter and would suck any little bit of water that came near it. I dropped my buddies transmission and tapped it for a external breather after swamping it twice lol
And it’s probably a combination of the seal swelling and everything else expanding to close the tolerance and stop the leak for a bit

Wish I had the GoPro running for it, only picture I have my brother snapped after I was trying to get out and it snuffed out. Was able to get it fired up and limped her home tho!

I cant believe you attempted to drive through that lake! It looks like the middle of that mudhole could be over your windshield. :like:

Sponsored

stil2low

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep jk
Lol don’t have too if you don’t want to, simply saying there shouldn’t be a fear of 35’s on the sport/Sahara axles for the average weekend warrior

stil2low

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep jk
I cant believe you attempted to drive through that lake! It looks like the middle of that mudhole could be over your windshield. :like:
Lol it’s got a snorkel hahaha
I run the trail a few times a year so have an idea how deep they usually are. It was almost to the tops of the fenders in the middle and probably could’ve made it if it wasn’t for the seal.
Poor girl was leaking from every seal after

B8DE874F-6941-4BCF-8CD7-CE0D45418E48.jpeg

D2D48D2F-173B-4439-B212-C38DC258B0ED.jpeg

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

upload_2019-2-20_9-18-22.jpeg

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase