Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara Unlimited North Edition
Occupation
Lineman
Vehicle Showcase
I just looked and for under 300 he could have a skid plate if he owed 2.0 turbo motor
Sponsored

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
This one is a little bigger and seems to provide a little more protection. I actually bought the t-case first and then found ASFIR after searching for oil/trans pan skids and then ordered that.
Ahh ok. Fair enough. I just ordered everything they made for the 2.0, lol. Still shocked at how fast shipping from Israel is. I can't even get stuff sent to the next province as quick as they got my skids here last year.

Last edited:

Sponsored

rkwfxd

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 2020 Tahoe 4x4, 2006 Tundra, 1990 964
Occupation
Unemployed
I have a full set / combination of M.O.R.E. / Artec / RockHard 4x4 / Rusty’s and Rough Country skids under my JL. I protected everything I could. I’ve only done intermediate trails. Every one of my skids is dent, bent or scratched.

elf883

First Name
steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JlU
Occupation
stationary engineer
I have a full set / combination of M.O.R.E. / Artec / RockHard 4x4 / Rusty’s and Rough Country skids under my JL. I protected everything I could. I’ve only done intermediate trails. Every one of my skids is dent, bent or scratched.
all the skids worked ok together ? i like my asfir skids , didnt know they all work ok together - good to know

rkwfxd

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Unemployed
all the skids worked ok together ? i like my asfir skids , didnt know they all work ok together - good to know
Not necessarily. I have MORE oil pan trans t case and gas tank skids. Then RC diff skids. Then mostly RockHard 4x4 CA arm skids but Rustys Rear upper CA skid and an Artec FAD skid that I had to modify to work with the RH4x4 front LCA skid.

I have a 2 dr and its been slim pickings so Ive had to mix and match.

elf883

First Name
steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JlU
Occupation
stationary engineer
Not necessarily. I have MORE oil pan trans t case and gas tank skids. Then RC diff skids. Then mostly RockHard 4x4 CA arm skids but Rustys Rear upper CA skid and an Artec FAD skid that I had to modify to work with the RH4x4 front LCA skid.

ahh ok i thought they all fit / worked without mods.. still good to know with a little smarts and a few hammers they CAN work together . will keep that in my wet noodle of a brain

elf883

First Name
steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JlU
Occupation
stationary engineer
and yes i call my skid plates as$ fur - not sure thats how you pronounce it but now you all will be thinking that whenever you say the name.. lol i love my asfir plates they are great, but the name gets me everytime i say it , cause thats what im seeing in my head (_)_) fur

Sponsored

jellis4148

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
You know, I’m not a big fan of rough country stuff, but I did buy there skid plates. They are a little on the heavy side. I used and abused them all over Moab and they did great. I actually recommend them to anyone not want to spend and arm and leg.

John VonJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many

How are oil changes with that MORE oil pan skid? Is the hole positioned decently so that the skid doesn’t turn into a giant oil slip-n-slide when you drain it?

kvk4aiie5e3a2zbxll74rl&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=giphy.gif

rkwfxd

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Unemployed
How are oil changes with that MORE oil pan skid? Is the hole positioned decently so that the skid doesn’t turn into a giant oil slip-n-slide when you drain it?

Jeep Wrangler JL Oil pan skid plate?? kvk4aiie5e3a2zbxll74rl&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=giphy
First one was a disaster. Made the biggest oil mess I have ever made. So, for the second one I bought a valvomax drain plug to install.

But I still had the original plug in there. I thought about it and made a custom funnel out of a large water bottle. So the oil would drain into the bottom of the cut bottle and out the top. Worked almost perfect. I got one single drop of oil on the floor so I can’t say it was perfect.

I have not done a third change yet with the Valvomax plug.

Side note, I had an issue with one of my M.O.R.E. products and called them up. They are a FANTASTIC company to deal with and I highly recommend them.

John VonJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
First one was a disaster. Made the biggest oil mess I have ever made. So, for the second one I bought a valvomax drain plug to install.

But I still had the original plug in there. I thought about it and made a custom funnel out of a large water bottle. So the oil would drain into the bottom of the cut bottle and out the top. Worked almost perfect. I got one single drop of oil on the floor so I can’t say it was perfect.

I have not done a third change yet with the Valvomax plug.

Side note, I had an issue with one of my M.O.R.E. products and called them up. They are a FANTASTIC company to deal with and I highly recommend them.
Yup, that is exactly my concern, learned through hard experience with some skids I had on Xterra in a past life. The Valvomax recommendation sounds like a good one. Appreciate the response.
Sponsored