Sponsored

Oil leak

Deleted member 11497

Ok sounds good, I m done with know it all douchebags like you here. The 3.6 JL is an oil leaking piece of sh&t and the lube techs at the dealership are idiots. Let’s just leave the argument like that. I am selling mine while the market is hot and all of you losers can have fun here in this forum complaining and acting like big shots who have nothing to do with your time but drive around in mud all day.
Sponsored

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
Ok sounds good, I m done with know it all douchebags like you here. The 3.6 JL is an oil leaking piece of sh&t and the lube techs at the dealership are idiots. Let’s just leave the argument like that. I am selling mine while the market is hot and all of you losers can have fun here in this forum complaining and acting like big shots who have nothing to do with your time but drive around in mud all day.
Need to remove my thumbs up…accidentally hit the button. Good thing you’re not bitter or hateful…geez. Enjoy your Camry.

M&A Sahara

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
I noticed an oil leak under the Jeep today, and I’m going to take it in since it’s under warranty. How much effort do I need to put in making it look like o haven’t been wheeling it? I’ll pull all the grass off obviously, but what else?
C34E038B-3030-462E-806A-66E5AEB3FD5E.jpeg
I noticed an oil leak under the Jeep today, and I’m going to take it in since it’s under warranty. How much effort do I need to put in making it look like o haven’t been wheeling it? I’ll pull all the grass off obviously, but what else?
C34E038B-3030-462E-806A-66E5AEB3FD5E.jpeg

M&A Sahara

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Last night on the I5 at 1:30am, check engine light, oil pressure light, then dashboard went haywire, then a bang like i hit a pothole (no potholes), then slowly decreasing speed. Semis flying by 70mph, dark and rainy. Got over to shoulder. Towed to dealer this morning after AAA. Reading about this rear main seal makes me think it's the culprit. 2018 JLU, 50k mi. Has been great so far til last night.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Last night on the I5 at 1:30am, check engine light, oil pressure light, then dashboard went haywire, then a bang like i hit a pothole (no potholes), then slowly decreasing speed. Semis flying by 70mph, dark and rainy. Got over to shoulder. Towed to dealer this morning after AAA. Reading about this rear main seal makes me think it's the culprit. 2018 JLU, 50k mi. Has been great so far til last night.
You think running your engine out of oil until it explodes is because of the rear main seal seeping? Highly doubt it.

Sponsored

rohdawg

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR Anvil / 2021 JLUR Hydro Blue
Occupation
Merchant Marine
You think running your engine out of oil until it explodes is because of the rear main seal seeping? Highly doubt it.
You never have anything to add other than how wrong you believe someone to be. I knew you wrote that reply before I looked to see who it was.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Service
You never have anything to add other than how wrong you believe someone to be. I knew you wrote that reply before I looked to see who it was.
The pursuit of the truth is all there is.

M&A Sahara

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Just had oil changed few thousand miles ago. Change it every 5k. Wasn't aware that oil leaks were an issue with the JLU.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Not sure what the bang was as main seals don't "explode" they just start to leak. They tend to leak the worst when parked.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Service
Just had oil changed few thousand miles ago. Change it every 5k. Wasn't aware that oil leaks were an issue with the JLU.
May have hit something you didn't see, keep us updated when the dealer gets a look if you can. If a rod went through the block, you'll never know what happened.

It isn't the rear main seal though.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
It isn't the rear main seal though.
This^^^
FWIW mine's been leaking for at least a year but hasn't gotten worse, and not enough to have my local dealer get into it, I can easily deal w/ a light dribble.

Much better than them taking it apart, and not be able to get it sealed properly and have more worries.
Sponsored