Oil Leak Suddenly 2020 JLU Sahara

Archie PJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Punk"n
Only about 4000k miles. Noticed a spot on the ground yesterday on the concrete pad I park on. I parked a bit to the side and....sure enough, fresh oil leak on the pad. Engine oil level is fine. I called a nearby dealer and got an appointment for today. So, here I sit at the dealer, waiting for them to check it. It left small Pools of oil on the servicee entrance floor, so at least the problem was evident!

It appears on the filter, and above the filter on a "cast wishbone" looking piece (motor mount??). I couldn't see any further up. In the engine compartment, things looked clean, except a bit of a gleam maybe around one fitting (looking down from driver side, just behind and down behind a casting from Honeywell (maybe the front part of the turbo?) and maybe behind a generator/alternator that's below the Honeywell casting). I tried to get a "touch" by taping a piece of paper towel to a stiff wire, but not really successfully.

So.... here I wait. Any similar experiences out there?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Archie PJ

Archie PJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well, on Tuesday, Courtesy Jeep diagnosed the problem as a leaking turbo oil line, where the flex met the rigid. It supposedly was the first time they had seen this failure. Part not in stock, of course. 8 days...or, if I paid $25 they would overnight it from the supplier warehouse in PA. I chose to overnight it. The plan was to give them a bit of extra time and to pick up the Jeep Thursday. Late Wednesday, I was notified that it was ready (still picked it up Thursday). Other than having to pay for overnight shipping, I was very pleased with the service from Courtesy Jeep in Mesa, AZ.

Guelerct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
Old post I realize, but if it makes you feel better I too have a leaking turbo supply and return line. And it is out of stock.

OP
OP
Archie PJ

Archie PJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sucks that the parts are out of stock. Mine was a "serious" leak, and I was happy to get it fixed in a day (despite the extra $20 charge to expedite it).

Did they give you an expected availability?

WyoRacer

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2019 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Military
I have the same issue. I discovered oil leaking on my garage floor and got it in for service yesterday. Sounds like the area is hard to access since their borescope could not get into the cavity to see the leak. Does not sound like an easy fix as my dealer said it will likely require some disassembly to get to the area. Anyone have an idea if this will be an issue that may happen again after repair? hopefully the part will be in stock soon.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Archie PJ

Archie PJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It didn't take the dealer too long on my fix; the part arrived overnight I suppose and it was installed before noon. The dealer did have to hunt a bit as it seemed it wasn't at their normal supply depot. Maybe your dealer could chase one down with a bit more research. Good luck.

MemoryMobile

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara
I just stumbled upon this issue and wanted to ask where the oil leak was found under your car... I ask because every time I first start my car and shift into reverse out of my garage there is a splash of oil like substance between the driver and back passenger. I took it in to the dealership and they said nothing was wrong. Nor never heard of this issue. It doesn't seem right whatever it is.
Sponsored