Sponsored

Oil leak on brand new 2023 (Update #8 01/10/2023)

paolonicoletta

First Name
Paolo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Sahara 4xe
Today's update is the jeep needs a new oil pump. Being told there was a manufacture defect that didn't allow it to seal properly. Parts are all on order and hoping to get it back late next week. Still concerned that issues may crop up later because of not just the problem but also things being taken apart and put back together multiple times. Hope they at least offer an extended warranty or something. by the time I get it back it will have been to 2 different dealers 3 times and been out of service for 24 days out of 60 days of ownership.
I have same problem and bought the car in December 22 2022 do you have any news on your Jeep mine is 10 days at dealer try to find out what is going on, thank. god dealer is a friend of mine and they give me a loaner but would love to ear what is going on with your Jeep let me know
thank you
Sponsored

OP
OP
millerjl

millerjl

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Was supposed to be finished Friday, now tomorrow. Of course they haven’t test driven it yet to make sure it is fixed. So, I will update tomorrow.

paolonicoletta

First Name
Paolo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Sahara 4xe
Thank you for tagging us. We would be happy to dig in further. Feel free to send us a private message or call Jeep Cares at 877-426-5337.

Kate
Jeep Cares
I happen to have same problem with my Jeep purchase December 2022 Jeep is in a dealer already 10 days waiting for a special powder to find out where the leek is please DM me and let me know what to expect in term of timing to fix or a substitution for the defected Jeep
thank you

OP
OP
millerjl

millerjl

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I am on the third try and it has been at the dealer for almost a month this time.

Sponsored

OP
OP
millerjl

millerjl

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Okay, just got the jeep home... it is pouring rain here in Socal, so I wasn't able to crawl under and look yet. Here is what they discovered:

1. Coolant leak due to a coolant clamp that was improperly installed from the factory.

2. Transmission Oil pump leak (Improperly installed or seal defect). Transmission Oil was 1 pint low.

3. Missing parts from the last dealers fix attempt: Missing bolts at Transmission housing, starter and transmission cooler lines.

Overall, the rep from Jeep has been really great. I received an extended warranty 8 years/125k miles and my first 3 jeep payments are being reimbursed.

I would suggest never taking your jeep to San Diego DCJR for service. I know I never will again.

Hopefully, the Jeep will now last me a long time but this should not happen on a new vehicle.

Down South

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Retired
Sounds like you had hell with the first dealership but you came out smelling like a rose in the end.

OP
OP
millerjl

millerjl

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Did a quick look this morning and no leaks :clap:

The coolant leak that I didn't know about also explains the smell that I just attributed to the new engine burning stuff off. Hopefully that goes away after a few weeks and then I will be all set.

Definitely sucks to go through all of this with a brand new expensive vehicle but once I got the right dealer "Perry CDJR in National City" they took care of it and Jeep corporate came through as well. There are 2 dealers closer to me but I will be going there for any service from now on.

BIGW0RM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Raptor // 22 M3 Comp X // 20 RRS
Not eligible yet... if it is still leaking when I get it back this time I will insist. So far Jeep and the new dealer are being very careful, saying things like, this is why there is a warranty.
You are well within your rights for a buy back. If I where you, I would ask for one now and ask them to cover your payments made so far. Ive done 3 in the past 5yrs.

https://www.dca.ca.gov/acp/pdf_files/lemonlaw_qa.pdf

Sponsored

Jay Gatsby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Did a quick look this morning and no leaks :clap:

The coolant leak that I didn't know about also explains the smell that I just attributed to the new engine burning stuff off. Hopefully that goes away after a few weeks and then I will be all set.

Definitely sucks to go through all of this with a brand new expensive vehicle but once I got the right dealer "Perry CDJR in National City" they took care of it and Jeep corporate came through as well. There are 2 dealers closer to me but I will be going there for any service from now on.
Thanks for all the updates and info. I also live in the San Diego area. You mentioned San Diego CDJR owns another dealership close to you....is that Kearny Mesa or Carl Burger? I recently bought a car at Pedder CDJR in Poway and had a good experience, but haven't used their service dept yet. Thanks, always good to know what dealerships you can trust.

OP
OP
millerjl

millerjl

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Kearney Mesa is the other one. I was surprised it was the field tech that told that to the Jeep rep and said to take it to Perry. Guessing he hasn’t seen the best work coming out of those shops.
Sponsored