Oil leak on 2021 2.0T, w/27k miles

dam_jlu

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU String Gray
Gonna update my endeavor. Finally got some movement, dealer claims it’s the rear main also. But that doesn’t explain the leak on the side of the block but oh well. At least i’m getting the rear main done for now. Gonna drop it off next and ask that they take a look at the upper oil pan gasket, and air oil separator.
57k miles approved under warranty, and power train expires in june.
Rear main seal is on back order. I escalated to Stellantis so they can expedite it. Hopefully it’s available sooner than later! 2 weeks now and nothing.
Sponsored

CptFloridaMan

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport 2.0
I’ll have to check with my dealer cause they said they’d be ready for my wednesday. Gonna call that day and see if it’s still accurate before I drop it off after work. Gonna suck if they lied lol

CptFloridaMan

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport 2.0
Can you ask your dealer if they have any extra rear main seals available? This may actually help me in my case. Inbox?
For sure, i’ll be back there on wednesday i’ll let you know what they say

So the first photo is looking up towards the starter leading me to believe the air oil separator is leaking.
Second photo is oil dripping from the inspection port suggesting rear main also. So i’m fully under the impression i have both leaking
Jeep Wrangler JL Oil leak on 2021 2.0T, w/27k miles IMG_4152
Jeep Wrangler JL Oil leak on 2021 2.0T, w/27k miles IMG_4151

CptFloridaMan

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport 2.0
Oh so they haven’t confirmed that one of the issues is a rear main seal then?
They confirmed that it's the rear main, but I'm also chasing oil up the entire side of the block so to me it's still going to leak some until they approve or see that other mess going on.
Sponsored