Sponsored

Oil filter cap fell apart

Jimmy_jak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
So only me of course. I dropped the oil filter cap on my garage floor and it fell apart. Cap, filter retainer thing and a spring. It doesn't look broken.

Put spring in first, then pushed the plastic retainer thing over it and into retaining clips.

Finished oil change fired up engine. Pressure is at 31 and no lights are going off.

Am I okay? Did I reassemble it correctly?

Thanks
Sponsored

Last edited:

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
So only me of course. I dropped the oil filter cap on my garage floor and it fell apart. Cap, filter retainer thing and a spring. It doesn't look broken.

Put spring in first, then pushed the plastic retainer thing over it and into retaining clips.

Finished oil change fired up engine. Pressure is at 31 and no lights are going off.

Am I okay? Did I reassemble it correctly?

Thanks
Just keep an eye on it, as long as no oil is leaking you should be fine, I think I'd order another cap just in case, never hurts to have a spare :)

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
This video explains so do's with the 3.6 oil filter... how not to damage the cap, valve when you do an oil change...

Yup, it is wise to keep a spare oil filter housing cap on the shelf in the garage.

Sponsored