Sponsored

Oil filter adapter leak, part on back order for months Help!

SargeRubi

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon Diesel
Hi guys I posted in another sub group but though this would be more appropriate.

I had an oil leak after my first oil change around 6K miles. I have a '21 JLURD fully loaded factory ordered. The Jeep has been at the dealer since May waiting for the part 68566093aa. The ETA keeps changing. I have a case open with Jeep and they tell me Im on a waiting list but no material is available yet to make the part. There is none available nationwide. This is hard to imagine since this is a new car. Im driving a '19 Sahara 2.0L rental in the meantime.

Im told I cant drive it because it will gush oil and that they are certain its the oil filter adapter and not the timing chain. I asked for a Star case they said not necessary.

What should I do?

Wait hoping it will be available. Pursue lemon law and order another one? I feel like I could get another one sooner than waiting for the part. However I worry about how long it will take to order one and if I can get it with everything given availability of parts. Just dont know at what point enough is enough. I have driven it 3 months and its been sitting at the dealer for 3 months.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.
Sponsored

Compression-Ignition

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0 Diesel, 2020 6.7L F350
Is the rental being covered by someone other than you?

Did you have plans to do any modifications soon?

If yes and then no, I'd keep driving the rental and just wait on the part. If I missed the mark on either of those, yeah I'd lemon law it or whatever and get into something else.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
OP
OP

SargeRubi

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon Diesel
Is the rental being covered by someone other than you?

Did you have plans to do any modifications soon?

If yes and then no, I'd keep driving the rental and just wait on the part. If I missed the mark on either of those, yeah I'd lemon law it or whatever and get into something else.
They are covering the rental. I dont have any big mods on the car but did have plans. So I guess I will wait and see. I worry that if I order a new one I wont get a good deal or the spec I want and have to wait longer.

OP
OP

SargeRubi

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon Diesel
If you can find the correct part, buy it and take it to the dealer. Have them reimburse you. They are probably trying to get it directly from Jeep. There has to be some out there somewhere.

Did their “tech” damage it when you got your oil changed?

There are several out there. Here is one example.

https://www.moparwholesaleparts.com/oem-parts/mopar-engine-oil-filter-adapter-68566093aa

The part is not available anywhere. I have looked and the website you linked was one of the places I called. When you call they will also tell you its on back order. Due to supply chain delays the material is not available to make the part and the ones that are made already are on new engines being put into newer vehicles.
Sponsored