Oil Cooler Failure JLU Ecodiesel

artatlas

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey Everyone,

I picked up my Rubi JLU Ecodiesel in March of last year - so I've had it for a year. Only put 12k miles on it and have had the scheduled maintenance done on time.

Yesterday the jeep started giving me the following alerts: Low Oil Pressure, the oil symbol, Oil Temp Is Too High, and it simply overheated.

Took it to the dealership and they're saying that not only is the truck devoid of coolant fluid and oil, but there was oil in the coolant lines and vice versa.

Today I got the call saying that it's pretty extensive and that they might have to change the whole coolant system, water pump, etc.

I haven't gotten the confirmation, but my guess is that it's the Oil Cooler that failed. If so, what should I be asking for from the dealership or FCA?

What should I make sure they replace? Has anyone been in this boat?

If you have any guidance on what I should do or ask for from the dealer - I'm all ears.

Looking forward to hearing back from the community.

Art
Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Replace every rubber piece of the coolant system. Replace the thermostat. Flush the water pump and block. Change the engine oil a couple times.

OP
OP

artatlas

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Replace every rubber piece of the coolant system. Replace the thermostat. Flush the water pump and block. Change the engine oil a couple times.
The dealership just told me that FCA is replacing the whole engine.
This is a first for me.
I’m thinking this is a good thing unless anyone can enlighten me on something I’m not seeing or realizing.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
The dealership just told me that FCA is replacing the whole engine.
This is a first for me.
I’m thinking this is a good thing unless anyone can enlighten me on something I’m not seeing or realizing.
Nope that’s fantastic news. Just make sure they replace every single coolant hose. For real.