Sponsored

Oil change reimbursement

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
I read here about getting reimbursement for doing your own oil change under the Jeep Waves program. However, Jeep Waves has stated no reimbursement.

Anyone have experience with this?

Thanks
Sponsored

Eitel

First Name
Eitel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara
Wave program give you 4 free oil changes with the dealership. It doesn't reimburse money for a DIY.

Sponsored

Rahneld

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
I read here about getting reimbursement for doing your own oil change under the Jeep Waves program. However, Jeep Waves has stated no reimbursement.

Anyone have experience with this?

Thanks
I'd be pleasantly surprised.

If you do your own oil change keep good paperwork so it won't become a warranty denial issue by FCA.

I suppose you say FCA money paid out to the dealer when you do your own oil, so there's that.

SABLE RHINO

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU SPORT S 3.6L
I've asked a few different times and haven't got an answer or I missed it.

If you have received (or were denied) a reimbursement for doing your own oil changes (WAVES) or purchasing parts to correct a recall (V41 or other) what process did you follow? Who did you contact? What information/paperwork did you provide them? How was the experience in general?

Thanks

:rock::handsinair::movember:

Ma$$iveDebtAche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I thought the first two or three times you asked, would have been enough. Not going to happen.
No way, FCA reimburses you.:computerrage:

SABLE RHINO

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU SPORT S 3.6L
I thought the first two or three times you asked, would have been enough. Not going to happen.
No way, FCA reimburses you.:computerrage:
Thanks for your insight, the question was previously asked to those stating that they had already been reimbursed. Stay positive my friend...

Chubrocker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR, 2017 JKU Sport, 2013 F150, 2004 4Runner
I was 100% reimbursed for v41 recall. Cashed the check last week and took about 3 weeks. I installed a Falcon 2.2 at home. In the comments I explained how I brought the concern to the attention of the dealership, they took no action, so I bought my own. Provided image of the invoice and credit card payment. that's it.

https://www.chrysler.com/webselfservice/fcanorth/VinInputForm.jsp

Sponsored

SABLE RHINO

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU SPORT S 3.6L
I was 100% reimbursed for v41 recall. Cashed the check last week and took about 3 weeks. I installed a Falcon 2.2 at home. In the comments I explained how I brought the concern to the attention of the dealership, they took no action, so I bought my own. Provided image of the invoice and credit card payment. that's it.

https://www.chrysler.com/webselfservice/fcanorth/VinInputForm.jsp
Thank you for sharing your experience and the link! Exactly what I, and I'm guessing many others, was looking for.

Hopefully someone will chime in one the oil change question, I'm coming up on my first and rather do it myself than get the "free" changes at the dealership.

Solidaxle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2 Door Rubicon
I've asked a few different times and haven't got an answer or I missed it.

If you have received (or were denied) a reimbursement for doing your own oil changes (WAVES) or purchasing parts to correct a recall (V41 or other) what process did you follow? Who did you contact? What information/paperwork did you provide them? How was the experience in general?

Thanks

:rock::handsinair::movember:
Why not try it for Yourself and report back to us ?

spurly

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White JLUR
Thank you for sharing your experience and the link! Exactly what I, and I'm guessing many others, was looking for.

Hopefully someone will chime in one the oil change question, I'm coming up on my first and rather do it myself than get the "free" changes at the dealership.
I haven't heard of anyone getting reimbursed for doing their own oil changes. That probably won't happen.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I've read on this forum about reimbursements being paid, but don't recall any further details. On the v41, for example, if I properly install a fox ts stabilizer would they reimburse the total price of that unit or just the price of the cheaper unit that the dealer would install?
Sponsored