Oil Change on first 1000 miles

Rolling Ragu

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Just changed mine at 1100 miles. Right or wrong, I feel better. I believe the chance of it being helpful is greater than being hurtful.

I believe it will be more costly to use the Jeep Wave changes than doing it myself. It will take me 40 minutes each way to get to the dealer, likely after a long day at work. Doing it in my garage with a cup of coffee sounds more appealing.

I agree, it was the easiest vehicle I have ever changed oil on. Twenty minute job, even putzing around and doing it slowly.

My oil was darker than expected at 1100 miles. I inspected the filter, and clearly saw a few small metallic glitters. Wish they had a magnet on the drain plug. Someone earlier said it was easy to add. Would you mind explaining how?
Sponsored

sdynak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sahara
Just changed mine at 1100 miles. Right or wrong, I feel better. I believe the chance of it being helpful is greater than being hurtful.

I believe it will be more costly to use the Jeep Wave changes than doing it myself. It will take me 40 minutes each way to get to the dealer, likely after a long day at work. Doing it in my garage with a cup of coffee sounds more appealing.

I agree, it was the easiest vehicle I have ever changed oil on. Twenty minute job, even putzing around and doing it slowly.

My oil was darker than expected at 1100 miles. I inspected the filter, and clearly saw a few small metallic glitters. Wish they had a magnet on the drain plug. Someone earlier said it was easy to add. Would you mind explaining how?
This might help with the size.. just search for one and add it next time if you feel the need. - https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/magnetic-drain-plug.18393/

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase

I use Gold Plugs - quality of construction is unbeatable. Here is the one for the 3.6L:

https://goldplug.com/shop/mp02t/

You can buy copper washers (which I find seal better than aluminum) here:

https://www.clipsandfasteners.com/Copper-Drain-Plug-Gaskets-14mm-X-22mm-X-2mm-p/caf1169-10.htm

I have 5K on my Rubicon and have changed the oil 3 times (800 miles, 2,000 miles, and 5,000 miles). I will now settle into a 5K OCI going forward. The amount of metal in the oil (easily seen in the sun when swirled) that is not trapped by the filter is why I changed it so soon and frequently.
Sponsored

Last edited: