Sponsored

Oil capacity of JL Rubicon

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone know if the oil pan is smaller between the 6QT and 5QT versions of the engine?
Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Does anyone know if the oil pan is smaller between the 6QT and 5QT versions of the engine?
Checked part #s on rockauto, and both the upper and lower oil pan part #s for JKs and JLs are the same, not sure where the difference is to eliminate the extra qt of oil on the JLs ???

Maybe the JLs have a longer dipstick :)

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
Checked part #s on rockauto, and both the upper and lower oil pan part #s for JKs and JLs are the same, not sure where the difference is to eliminate the extra qt of oil on the JLs ???

Maybe the JLs have a longer dipstick :)
Interesting; I assumed the pan was the difference. Thanks for checking, I am now on a quest to find the difference. Oil cooler removed on JLs?

Mike630

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon
They overfilled mine just two hours ago.

Snayte

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara Hella Yella, 2017 Ram 1500 Longhorn
They overfilled mine just two hours ago.
Great. I have mine in right now. I was hoping this was resolved by now. My dealer has been pretty competent in the past so here is hoping this and the v41 recall don't end up causing me a bad day.

Sponsored

Mike630

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon
Great. I have mine in right now. I was hoping this was resolved by now. My dealer has been pretty competent in the past so here is hoping this and the v41 recall don't end up causing me a bad day.
Just be sure to check the dipstick. It’s hard to tell exactly how overfilled it is, because fresh oil is hard to see on the wire

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

show them the FCA manual. You know the one the jeep comes with? ive seen post of people putting a dog tag that says 5 qt's oil cap only. really great idea

Almost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD
Changing out the break in oil really early is not an uncommon thing in the card world. Maybe it's my time in the sports car world, but you get most of the engine break in wear in the 1st few hundred miles and want to get any metal flakes out quick.
That's why I changed my diff and trans fluid at 20K miles. Why drive around with metal in it for another 80K per the book. It makes no sense to me if you plan on keeping the vehicle for awhile. Preventative maintenance goes a long way. When I pulled my spark plugs at 60K to change them they were all burnt up, the book said to change them at 102K. I have no idea how they were supposed to make it another 40k.
Sponsored