Sponsored

Ohlins suspension coming for JL Wrangler!!!

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
That appears to be a coil over body without the coil. A little confused on the threaded body of a shock with an adjustable perch if there is no coil? Or am I missing something? I would also be very interested in Ohilns if they were priced competitively.

OP
OP
JNL111

JNL111

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL RUBICON
That appears to be a coil over body without the coil. A little confused on the threaded body of a shock with an adjustable perch if there is no coil? Or am I missing something? I would also be very interested in Ohilns if they were priced competitively.
:) just getting some measurements... certainly more photos to come in the coming weeks. Reach out to the guys at Ohlins USA and let them know your ready for some.

Sierra Nevada

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red Rubi JL Unlimited
Excuse the newbie question, but what makes an excellent shock different from an average shock for off roading?

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
:) just getting some measurements... certainly more photos to come in the coming weeks. Reach out to the guys at Ohlins USA and let them know your ready for some.
I was hoping maybe there would be an easy coil over conversion from Ohlins on the way... that would be worth some money for sure!

Sponsored

xray

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLU Rubicon
I was hoping maybe there would be an easy coil over conversion from Ohlins on the way... that would be worth some money for sure!
Check out the JK forums about coilovers and the AEV kit. It's not for the faint of heart to do either the conversion, nor living with it for a DD. For a trail-rig and desert-type runner it makes sense.

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
Check out the JK forums about coilovers and the AEV kit. It's not for the faint of heart to do either the conversion, nor living with it for a DD. For a trail-rig and desert-type runner it makes sense.
I have looked into coil overs for a few years for a JKU, but it seemed like more work involved than warranted for the payoff. Now on a TJ, that has been stretched and narrowed it worked great. I would love an “easy” conversion for everyone who is not using their vehicles as dedicated trail rigs or rock crawlers. I have been debating keeping my WJ2 Trailhawk and buying a rock crawler TJ for that alone, but overall I would much rather build out one nice “overland” setup. That was th intent when I ordered my Trailhawk, but after taking it out in CO and MOAB I decided it was not the platform for me. I plan to order a JLU Rubicon in the next few weeks. I am moving to AZ, so just working out the timing of the trips out to look at houses and delivery of the new vehicle. My Trailhawk was a factory order that went wrong and took almost 4 months. I hope that’s not the case with the Rubicon.

Jtimbrook

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 1946 CJ2A
I run 12" King's on my DD and love it, to me it rides better than most luxury cars on the road and even better off especially in the rocks. It is however labor and money intensive to go that route on the JKU, everything from the transfer case to the tires has been replaced to run a very dialed in JKU. What I would suggest is wait a little bit, with the rears being outboard I feel that going to coil-overs will possibly be easier and less intensive as it is right now with the JK's.

ParkerS12

First Name
Parker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jku Sahara 2015 Dodge Challenger SRT
Here's something even crazier than coilovers:

I hope this doesn't start a riot. :giggle:
IFS vs Solid Axle is a hot hot topic open for fierce debate.
Lot of pros and cons to both.
Cool vid though... you don't see too many jeeps with IFS.

Sponsored

OP
OP
JNL111

JNL111

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL RUBICON
Go see the guys at Ohlins USA to upgrade your suspension, fits stock or lifted JLs and offers way more adjustment and performance than anything out there.

More notes to come, I had 6k miles on stock Rubi shocks. It’s going to be fun finding ways to test them

AD1F113D-CA6E-46F6-9910-62B729818B5B.jpeg

BD786632-980F-4AE0-844F-C1AE1A88B65B.jpeg

OP
OP
JNL111

JNL111

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL RUBICON
Is this a lift too? If so what springs? I’ve had Ohlins in a couple of different applications including a Viper track car, and have the highest regard for them.
Not a lift, currently replaces shocks stock on a Rubi with or without mopar lift.
Sponsored