Oh #*:;?/*':!** My Manual Transmission Just Died

Kluk Ztopolovky

First Name
Kluk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport 2dr Sting Gray manual
I honestly don't know if it is the clutch or not. I got a pretty bad constant burn smell about 3 months ago but I believe that was due to a leaky valve cover seal I had. That issue eventually led to misfires as the oil was leaking onto an O2 sensor. Now I have a rear main seal leak so I'm not sure if somehow oil is getting on the clutch, you can clearly see oil on the flywheel....

6 months or so ago they had my top end tore apart as my engine sounded like a sowing machine at idle..

it's becoming a traumatizing experience visiting this forum : )
Sponsored

HeavyUser

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Sorry but this many leaks in that number of places in less than a year smells like burnt Lemon
Oh trust me, I know I have a lemon. Unfortunately there is nothing I can do about it. I dont currently meet the criteria for a lemon here in NY.

Hey it didnt burst into flames .... so there's that
Not yet at least.... :LOL:

OP
OP
Darter02

Darter02

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ronlutzii-photographer.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Sport Unlimited
Occupation
Photographer
Hi, I wonder how is the new replaced clutch? I've done only about 3K miles in my manual JL and today when I pushed the 3rd gear merging onto the highway traffic I could smell again the funny chemical odor.It wasn't too powerful of a smell but it still smelled. I used to detect the burning odor more frequently when the Jeep was new last July and then somehow it went almost away. Today I smelled it again. I think it's the clutch and it makes me nervous a little because the warranty is only for one year on the clutch.

Sorry for not responding sooner. I've had zero issues since then. I'm relieved.

Kluk Ztopolovky

First Name
Kluk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport 2dr Sting Gray manual
Sorry for not responding sooner. I've had zero issues since then. I'm relieved.

Darter thanks for your reply. The main thing is the new clutch is working 100% . Have you noticed any change in working the clutch pedal ? Mine has this very long dead spot at the bottom but I am getting used to it.

OP
OP
Darter02

Darter02

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ronlutzii-photographer.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Sport Unlimited
Occupation
Photographer
Darter thanks for your reply. The main thing is the new clutch is working 100% . Have you noticed any change in working the clutch pedal ? Mine has this very long dead spot at the bottom but I am getting used to it.
I've nothing to note. I can engage 1st either very quietly and slowly, or I can get it moving quickly but am in 2nd nearly straight away.
Sponsored