Sponsored

Oh how I wish I could have a Suzuki Jimny.

Titan2727

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
THIS IS NONSENSE, ILL LEAVE YOU SNOWFLAKE MOONBATS HAVE YOUR RIDICULOUS CONVERSATION ON SUZUKI'S(caps unlock)
Sponsored

Torero

First Name
J. Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon, FJ Cruiser, BMW Z3, F650,GL63 AMG, STI
To me, the only real competitor to the Wrangler would be the land cruiser 7 series. The real succesor to the FJ40. Came out in 1987 and it's still being produced. But I guess it doesn't make economic sense for toyota to bring it up to US safety standards.

I agree. I’m at the moment in Australia and just took a ride in the TOYOTA Land Cruiser in the picture. 4 liters turbo. Amazing.
For the record, I love my JLRU.

0BF4639F-D222-4EDA-9A75-EEF08E918110.jpeg

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Oh I fully understand, but consider that there would be plenty of lawsuits that would have to be settled before Mahindra could actually sell a US Street legal Thar here in the states.
Very true. Fiat Chrysler is already suing over the Roxor. Mahindra has held the patent much longer than them so it will be interesting to see what happens.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Very true. Fiat Chrysler is already suing over the Roxor. Mahindra has held the patent much longer than them so it will be interesting to see what happens.
Yeah, Licence to produce (not the same as owning the patent) the CJ in India is fine in India, but selling here in the states where FCA actually owns Jeep and all the likeness and other intellectual property is tricky business. I certanly don't think the Roxor is a threat to Wrangler sales, but a street legal Thar is a different story.

BlackRook

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
Occupation
SCIENCE!
Screenshot_20181008-084408.png

This is probably the nicest samurai available right now. I encourage you to look at it. Problem with the Samurai or the Jimny are the massive changes necessary to make them US legal. Comparing them to 20 year old Wranglers is invalid unless you're shopping for 20 year old Wranglers. In which case good luck finding a Samurai in as good condition as a TJ. This one is a rust-bucket...

Sponsored

American Jeeper

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Software & cloud services
Vehicle Showcase
I am curious to see what the Bronco looks like
Me too! My guess is it will be bloated and not that capable relative to the Wrangler.
:cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl:
Competition against a Wrangler that's hilarious! Especially a Rubicon, stone cold stock it's practically worlds away from ANY competition.

What is this thread even on this forum???

"Competition" ........bahahahahaaaa

:flag::jk::jk::jk::jk::jk::jk::jk::flag:
As it stands, there isn’t much that can touch it, but having actual competition would make FCA have to elevate its game and make the Wrangler even better.

Titan2727

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
Me too! My guess is it will be bloated and not that capable relative to the Wrangler.

As it stands, there isn’t much that can touch it, but having actual competition would make FCA have to elevate its game and make the Wrangler even better.
Bronco looks sick, but off road capabilities I doubt will come close. I wonder if they will make an "O.J." special edition??

If competition does arise and FCA elevates the performance of Wrangler even better - which is my point exactly, the Wrangler is worlds away from any 4x4 to compare even in the near future.

JEEPIDON

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 2013 Ram2500
Occupation
Retired - Business Consultant
8F15F76B-A80B-4E21-A534-D2F960AF3A94.jpeg

Lemme rant for a minute.

Oh how I wish this beautiful little G-Class baby brother would hit the U.S. market. How I would love to watch FCA sales decline as more and more people flocked to another solid axle off-road machine. How I would love a small 1.5 liter efficient engine. How I would love to be able to drive in a strait line without unexpectedly veering into oncoming traffic. No longer would I have to feel bad for not waving every 2.8 seconds as some Jabroni drives by me in a Wrangler and wants me to be his friend.

I’d love to bring a few to The States and rub them in FCA’s greedy little faces. No longer can you sell us crappy vehicles. No longer can you compromise quality control and safety just because there are no affordable alternatives to your product.

I declare, if I could trade in my $40,000 Jeep in for this cute little bundle of joy and lose $10,000, I wouldn’t hesitate.

Apparently you're not aware of the front end issues this vehicle (like all Suzuki vehicles, not their motorcycles) have had in the past. About 100,000 miles, you can pretty much toss this to the curb on garbage pickup day or spend a lot of money to replace weak and small parts of this vehicle. I know, I drove one in a different country for quite a while with it's complimentary orchestra of rattles, squeaks, transmission winding, front end shaking, lug nuts continually loosening, light bulbs falling out of sockets, mystery shifter, heater problems and doors that didn't like to stay closed. So if you think this little junker is better than a new JL, have at it. Why belong to a jeep forum?

Indio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Jeep TJ, 1985 Jeep CJ-7, 1972 Series III Land Rover
Occupation
Procrastinator
The Suzuki Samurai was more competent offroad thats the TJ Rubicon. There are many videos that prove this.
I lived in Colorado for 10 years and wheeled in the Rockies using a couple CJs and Land Rover Series. The Samurai guys had fun in their vehicles, and it could be made into a nice off-roader, although the short wheelbase had it's pluses and minuses depending on the trail. I would not put the Samurai above the TJ Rubicon - or the CJs for that matter. Correct me if wrong, but I recall the stock tcase gearing on the Samurai was nothing to write home about. And it could be a bit under-powered particularly at higher altitude. Agree though would be nice to have competition and options other than the JL.

Sponsored

twisty

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
I lived in Colorado for 10 years and wheeled in the Rockies using a couple CJs and Land Rover Series. The Samurai guys had fun in their vehicles, and it could be made into a nice off-roader, although the short wheelbase had it's pluses and minuses depending on the trail. I would not put the Samurai above the TJ Rubicon - or the CJs for that matter. Correct me if wrong, but I recall the stock tcase gearing on the Samurai was nothing to write home about. And it could be a bit under-powered particularly at higher altitude. Agree though would be nice to have competition and options other than the JL.
Yup, I got a kick out of the suzy being more offroad capable then a TJ ruby. I'm certain there are some obstacles where this is really true, but not all that many. And who could live with how dinky the thing is? I thought the 2 dr jeep was small. That suzy would make danny devito feel like a shriner. lol

I too would love to see someone build better then a jeep ruby without some of the flaws we hear about. Then again I was looking at a Land Cruiser 80 thinking NICE it's a toyota. Read about their issues. I hope somebody got a sword to the belly on that one. Still nice though but I'd take and did take a high dollar ruby over it.

Been waiting for a bronco too, but the likelihood of it having a straight axle and as low a low range is pretty ....well....low. LOL I've had broncos and I would do one again if it were set up as good as a jeep. Not holding my breath. Jeep aint perfect but it is the perfect off road machine, at least for me.

Titan2727

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
Screenshot_20181008-084408.png

This is probably the nicest samurai available right now. I encourage you to look at it. Problem with the Samurai or the Jimny are the massive changes necessary to make them US legal. Comparing them to 20 year old Wranglers is invalid unless you're shopping for 20 year old Wranglers. In which case good luck finding a Samurai in as good condition as a TJ. This one is a rust-bucket...
Bahahahahaaaa, sorry but you moonbats are cracking me up. Look at that thing:cwl::cwl::cwl:

You guys are dead serious too!!

Not only did that thing not sell it was completely taken off the market and not made anymore.

Guys seriously, come on be honest your joking right?
Sponsored