Offsetting Weight of Winch

LBK454

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I am impatiently waiting for my new JLUR to replace my JK. I did order the steel bumper group and tow package. I am planning to add winch and other accessories which add up to 125 pounds (in addition to Mopar steel bumper). Been reading on leveling the front back out and take out a bit of rake, and seems a lot of people are adding anywhere from a .5” to 1” spacer, and some mention heavier front coil springs. I done a lot of research but can’t find the answer to three questions:

1. Does the JLUR with factory steel bumpers and tow package have heavier/taller coil springs than a JLUR without those options?

2. Without going to the Mopar 2” lift coils, does Mopar make a set of front coils that are heavier/taller than what I will be getting on my JLUR?

I asked the local Jeep dealer the above two questions and after and hour on the computer they couldn’t answer my questions.

3. I see several companies make .5” and .75” front spacers. Any options for a 1” front spacer? The only thing I have been able to find is a custom one by Traxda . I know Teraflex made a 1” for the JK, and have read that a JK will work on a JL, but I can’t get Teraflex to confirm that. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks.
Sponsored

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rockkrawler.com
Vehicle(s)
Red JLUR, White JLUR, Yellow JL (3 so far), Bikini Diesel JLU, Billet JT, Hydro Blue JT
1. Yes, the JLUR with Steel bumpers gets the heaviest spring that FCA offers
2. No, not that I've ever seen.
3. I have not used spacers on a JL so I don't know that answer.

TJ2018

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLUR; 2020 Silverado Trail Boss
Vehicle Showcase
I hate beeing a mooch since I can't lift my Jeep (barely fits in the garage as it is) but any idea what the heaver spring code is? I swapped out my plastic Rubi bumper for the Mopar steel and added winch and I lost a lot of front end height... more than what a simple spacer lift will be able to correct. I've been banging my head against the internet wall and can't sort it out. You're the first I've come across who knows anything.

Sponsored

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rockkrawler.com
Vehicle(s)
Red JLUR, White JLUR, Yellow JL (3 so far), Bikini Diesel JLU, Billet JT, Hydro Blue JT
I hate beeing a mooch since I can't lift my Jeep (barely fits in the garage as it is) but any idea what the heaver spring code is? I swapped out my plastic Rubi bumper for the Mopar steel and added winch and I lost a lot of front end height... more than what a simple spacer lift will be able to correct. I've been banging my head against the internet wall and can't sort it out. You're the first I've come across who knows anything.
Not a mooch, but I don't have that part number. Best bet would be to find someone with a JLUR with a factory steel bumper who will let you use their VIN to call the dealer and get those part numbers. We don't currently have a JL that had a OEM steel bumper option.

JLRuss

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Unlimited Rubicon
Here's a picture of the tags on the front springs that came off my 2019 4-door Rubicon with steel bumpers and 2.0 engine.
Photo Apr 30, 11 44 15 AM.jpg

JLRuss

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Unlimited Rubicon
3. I see several companies make .5” and .75” front spacers. Any options for a 1” front spacer? The only thing I have been able to find is a custom one by Traxda . I know Teraflex made a 1” for the JK, and have read that a JK will work on a JL, but I can’t get Teraflex to confirm that. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks.
I have the Teraflex 1/2" spacers stacked to make it 1" total. It works fine.

Edit to add link from Teraflex saying stacking is ok: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/anyone-stacking-spacers.24034/#post-573715

TJ2018

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLUR; 2020 Silverado Trail Boss
Vehicle Showcase
Here's a picture of the tags on the front springs that came off my 2019 4-door Rubicon with steel bumpers and 2.0 engine.
Thanks Russ! Really appreciate the info!

OP
OP
LBK454

LBK454

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR

Thanks Rock Krawler. That makes perfect sense and might help to explain why some people have more sag than others when adding winches or other front end accessories on different JL’s.

As for front spacers, I was looking to add 1” to the front to offset weight of winch plus give me a bit of breathing room for 315’s (plus 1/2” on back). I did see from JLRuss and the link you can stack 2 - 1/2” Teraflex spacers. I was hoping somewhere to find a single 1” spacer. From Q-Tec website I did see Teraflex makes one, but seemingly only sells it as part of a 2D JL spacer lift kit at $260. Really do not need any other parts so hate to pay that just to get the spacer. I did email Teraflex to see if they would sell just the spacer but never hear back from them. I have read on this forum that Traxda will custom make 1” spacers.

OP
OP
LBK454

LBK454

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR