Sponsored

offset and backspace advice all over the place. what is correct?

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

Looking to pull trigger on lift; 2 to 2.5 max for 35’s (insert joke now). I have 17*9 rims and looking to run 35x12.50 17... seems 4.50 is ideal backspacing my math puts me at 5.79 backspacing. I don’t want to run spacers. Am I going to be okay or now sell new rims to get rims that have -12mm backspacing???? Looking at metalcloak...
the backspacing of said wheels is not -12mm, that is the offset. the backspacing for a 17x9 with -12mm offset is 4.53" (that's what i have).

your math is correct on your current wheels' calculation. bravo

5.79" is a lot of backspacing... me thinks you will have issues unless you run spacers.

fyi i have a set of 17x9 with -12mm wheels for sale in the marketplace. light weight, good offset and hub centric
Sponsored

FTheBS

First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon 2.0L
the backspacing of said wheels is not -12mm, that is the offset. the backspacing for a 17x9 with -12mm offset is 4.53" (that's what i have).

your math is correct on your current wheels' calculation. bravo

5.79" is a lot of backspacing... me thinks you will have issues unless you run spacers.

fyi i have a set of 17x9 with -12mm wheels for sale in the marketplace. light weight, good offset and hub centric
Thank you for info and confirming. I will for sure look in the market place at your wheels.

T_square

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Bumping this because I'm planning on running the exact same dimension wheels/tires, and i want to know if it will fit. Nobody could give a clear "yes" or "no" on whether it will rub the suspension components at full turn, because any mention of wheel offset on this forum descends into people arguing about it.

Tdkrum5

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 White JLU Altitude
Vehicle Showcase
I read all this and am still a little confused. I have a 20 JLU Altitude. I am planning on a Clayton 2.5 overland lift with 35 12.50 r17 tires. Clayton recommends 4.5 -4.75 backspacing. I would like the best articulation as possible but would like to keep the tires tuck as much as possible or minimal out past the finder.
What would be the best fit. 17x8.5 4.5bs -6 offset or 17x9 4.75bs -6 offset? Or what do you recommend?
Sponsored