First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
What the hell is Offroad+ if you have a manual transmission?
Sponsored

RDoug

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLURD; '19 E450 Wagon; '21 R1250RS
Build Thread
Link
From the owner's manual, I'd assume it still gives you everything below save for the black lined sentence:

4L (4WD Low)

ļ¬ Engine/Transmission Calibration: Rock Crawl and controllability focus, change in shifting schedule when rock crawling, pedal calibration shifted to de-gain and low range, operates at lower vehicle speeds

ļ¬ Traction Control: Aggressive brake lock differential tuning at slower speed or FIRST gear

ļ¬ Off ROAD+: Recall the last status between ignition cycles

4H (4WD High)

ļ¬ Engine/Transmission Calibration: Improved sand performance/ wheel slip focus, change in shift schedule for sport mode, pedal calibration set to aggressive, operates at elevated vehicle speeds

ļ¬ Traction Control: High wheel speed, slip tuning brake lock differential with no engine management

ļ¬ Electronic Stability Control: ESC Off with unlimited speed

ļ¬ Off ROAD+: Will default to OFF between ignition cycles

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Itā€™s the button we will likely never push in our 6 speed :giggle:
Lol, it came out later, so my 2018 JLUR 6 speed doesn't have it. Never missed it, unless it shuts off TC in sand when at high throttle. If I don't do that it retards engine power and I can't go. Shut it off and I can throw rooster tails and rip it!

My wife's 2021 JLUR auto has it. I'm looking forward to messing with it to see what it does. But I'm betting it is not a game changer.

Has anyone actually used it and loved it? Tell us about what you feel it did for you?

DavidArmen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Lol, it came out later, so my 2018 JLUR 6 speed doesn't have it. Never missed it, unless it shuts off TC in sand when at high throttle. If I don't do that it retards engine power and I can't go. Shut it off and I can throw rooster tails and rip it!

My wife's 2021 JLUR auto has it. I'm looking forward to messing with it to see what it does. But I'm betting it is not a game changer.

Has anyone actually used it and loved it? Tell us about what you feel it did for you?
Really isnā€™t a game changer. The main thing I notice in 4H is it changes the acceleration pedal feel and the shift points get raised a bit. Iā€™ve never tried it in 4L.

Sponsored

At Risk Ute

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
milehightrails.com
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜94 YJ, ā€˜21 JLR, ā€˜22 JLUR XR, ā€˜23 392 XR
Occupation
Retired Navy
Really isnā€™t a game changer. The main thing I notice in 4H is it changes the acceleration pedal feel and the shift points get raised a bit. Iā€™ve never tried it in 4L.
Exactly, not a game changer. Best way I can describe itā€¦ push the button if you want to go faster in 4H or slower in 4L.

Find myself using it more with 4H. Lots of braking and gear hanging in 4L.

Play around it with it. One more arrow in the quiver. Guess with a manual youā€™d have the braking and different throttle responses.

OP
OP

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
Shift points, in a manual?

JeepFiend

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Rubicon 2 Door, 2011 Ford F-150 STX
Occupation
System Administrator
supposedly, along with some other button pushes, it allows you to lock your rear locker in 4hi
Sponsored