Not open for further replies.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Mmmm... the argle-bargle is strong with this thread...
Sir, I may on occasion argle, but I have never knowingly bargled.

Good day to you.

?
Sponsored

Opus

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jlwranglerforums.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sport S, 2021 Compass
Build Thread
Link
Sir, I may on occasion argle, but I have never knowingly bargled.

Good day to you.

?
I tried it once in college, but in my defense I was ridiculously sober at the time...

1Evil55

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sport
Let me correct this for you…unfortunately it is articles like this that gets everyone all worked for the sole purposes of increasing readership.
I don't disagree with you all by design. The problem is there are elected officials that read them too. Both sides, fuggin idiots.

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
If I had a buck for every time somebody posted sensationalist alarmist nonsense on this forum I'd probably be rich enough to retire.

Sponsored

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)
Many states (I think it is 17 right now, including Co and VA) automatically adopt whatever screwy auto regulation that CA dreams up. So when they said no more ICE cars in whatever year it is, CO automatically put that in place. It great! Legislators don't even need to vote.
Some states are automatically in lockstep with all CARB regulations, but some of the 17 "CARB-compliant" states are only in adherence back to a certain date (think ours was initially over 2 decades ago and last updated in 2008) with any future changes requiring state review and state congressional approval.

Still BS either way, but no planned EV mandates in my state just yet, even though Jeep/Stellantis already stopped shipping ICE Jeeps to dealer lots just because our state was fully CARB-compliant 15 years ago with further suspensions made to those restrictions since then.

And even if they made low-rolling resistance off-road tires or LRR winter tires (seems like a contradiction in function), I'm sure they'd absolutely suck, if not be inherently dangerous for their intended purpose.

JLfromCA

First Name
JL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! 2 Door Rubicon/2024 Sarge Green 392
All the crazy things we are living through right now started with crazy articles just like this. They don’t mean anything until they do. They only affect other states until they affect yours. It’s never gonna happen until it does. Then. It’s too late.
Elections have consequences.

sunset

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 Camaro Berlinetta, 2024 Wrangler Rubicon 392
Constituents in California and Washington State should absolutely 100% research who is leading this push and vote according to their position on the matter.
Speaking for the western half of Washington state, it has been ruled by one political party for so long that they've become a cabal. No distinguishing one person from the next as they won't disagree with each other.

Our Governor Jay Inslee is not seeking re-election so we'll see what happens there.

Sponsored

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
And even if they made low-rolling resistance off-road tires or LRR winter tires, I'm sure they'd absolutely suck, if not be inherently dangerous for their intended purpose.
To date, we've had two sets of so-called Eco tires on two separate Hondas. Yes, they were low rolling resistance by another name.

The first were a set of Kumho Solus tires, which sucked bigly. They were the only tires that I ever voluntarily had replaced long before their service (i.e., tread) life was exhausted. My wife, who was the primary driver of that vehicle at the time, got spooked by their truly substandard performance in any wet weather, no matter how modest. One was replaced under warranty due to a spontaneously bulging sidewall, and they all allowed the ABS to activate too easily. In a word, dangerous. They were replaced with our decades-long Go To tire, which was the Michelin LTXs that are on the vehicle as I type this post.

The other tires were the Bridgestone Ecopias that were the factory fitment on her purchased-new CR-V. We got 40K out of them, and they were...ok. No surprises with them, and to be fair, she set her existing MPG record with them in situ. Wanting to pivot back to Michelins as is our habit, the Ecopias were replaced with the Cross Climate² that it wears now. They do provide superlative all-season performance for what they are, although with a mild MPG penalty. Fair enough.

rohdawg

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR Anvil / 2021 JLUR Hydro Blue
Occupation
Merchant Marine
OMG……Why do people allow this to happen in those states? Of course here I am in New York so it’s just as bad here.

A BETTER and more productive rational would be to have everyone check their tire pressures and maintain the correct pressures in all four tires.

Just my opinion
NY likes to follow what CA does, right? I hate it here.
The CARB states thing is a good example of that.

JLeco2022

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler 3.0 V6 Eco Diesel
i live in cali, they make dumb laws all the time, this year they banned flavored tobacco, however i can still drive to any military base in california and buy flavored tobacco and get it shipped here

RoadNomad

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Remember this crap folks come next year in November.... Nuff Said.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.