Not open for further replies.

Fredmilo

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 1995 YJ, 1950 M38
California and Washington state legislators are currently looking at new tire regulations to reduce your choices of tires based on roll resistance. The thought of these government officials is to only allow sales of tires that have low roll resistance. This would increase efficiency and reduce emission, apparently saving the planet from climate change. My mud tires would likely not meet the proposed future requirement. New challenge! Off-roading on street tires!
Sponsored

Sponsored

Sponsored

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
CUV/SXS/MC tires would probably be exempt.

Ang1Sgt

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys 2 door, 2020 Subaru Outback,
Occupation
Retired X2
Vehicle Showcase
OMG……Why do people allow this to happen in those states? Of course here I am in New York so it’s just as bad here.

A BETTER and more productive rational would be to have everyone check their tire pressures and maintain the correct pressures in all four tires.

Just my opinion

OP
OP
Fredmilo

Fredmilo

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 1995 YJ, 1950 M38
"Specialty tires sold in low volume, such as off road tires, would probably be exempt."

But who knows what that actually means.
1. Probably exempt = possibly not exempt
2. Define an off-road tire. Is it allowed only off-road and illegal on-road? Is an all terrain an on-road tire?

ZigZag

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR (Hellayella)
Occupation
IT Professional
Clubs

"California and Washington state legislators..." - that says it all.
Many states (I think it is 17 right now, including Co and VA) automatically adopt whatever screwy auto regulation that CA dreams up. So when they said no more ICE cars in whatever year it is, CO automatically put that in place. It great! Legislators don't even need to vote.

What a country!

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
OMG……Why do people allow this to happen in those states? Of course here I am in New York so it’s just as bad here.

A BETTER and more productive rational would be to have everyone check their tire pressures and maintain the correct pressures in all four tires.

Just my opinion
Haha, yeah, have tire pressure police, check-points, cameras issuing citations if it looks like your tires are ballooned too much as you roll by? How on earth would you have someone who hates the ride of their new Jeep, being so much harsher than their previous Ford Edge, be "responsible" enough to roll at max pressure all the time. No more chalk test, haha!!!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.