Offroad parts stores

Walter-new jeeper

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ocean Blue Wrangler JLUR, Expedition, Escape
Will soon have a Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon. Will need to get some gear for it like some kind of side step, bumpers, etc. I know about 4WD Parts in Tacoma (I live in Federal Way). Was looking for recommendations for shops where I can get parts and installs when needed. South end more or less, up to I-90 will be ok.
Sponsored

SilverSahara

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
I’ve been to several shops but up in the Everett/Lynnwood area and they all have a common theme, nobody stocks parts for the JL’s, at least not yet. We went to NW Performance and Off-road and the super friendly owner told me to just order the parts online, bring them in and they just charge for the wrench time. 4 Wheel Parts (Lynnwood) has lots of parts on the walls but they too just order online and charge for install. My advise would be to find any auto shop that’s willing to install aftermarket parts and order your stuff online. After all, shops don’t make a profit on parts, their money comes from hourly install prices, usually around $100 per hour.

OP
OP
Walter-new jeeper

Walter-new jeeper

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ocean Blue Wrangler JLUR, Expedition, Escape
I’ve been to several shops but up in the Everett/Lynnwood area and they all have a common theme, nobody stocks parts for the JL’s, at least not yet. We went to NW Performance and Off-road and the super friendly owner told me to just order the parts online, bring them in and they just charge for the wrench time. 4 Wheel Parts (Lynnwood) has lots of parts on the walls but they too just order online and charge for install. My advise would be to find any auto shop that’s willing to install aftermarket parts and order your stuff online. After all, shops don’t make a profit on parts, their money comes from hourly install prices, usually around $100 per hour.
Thanks. However, I do have a mechanic available - daughter's boyfriend. :) And he loves Jeeps. And trucks. He is also a diesel mechanic for a profession.

SilverSahara

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Thanks. However, I do have a mechanic available - daughter's boyfriend. :) And he loves Jeeps. And trucks. He is also a diesel mechanic for a profession.
Sounds like you’ve got it made, just make sure they’re on good terms before you hand over the keys...

@OUTDOORTREE

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I usually by online but MULE in Issaquah is really fun to visit - however just about every item there is 20% less online...