Sponsored

Official Title: Too Many Damn Questions ;) F/K/A Opinions on Factory LED Package

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
After 85k miles you have two years left of payments(84 month moan?) and the JL will be more expensive even with Corona. Why spend $1000 on something that's completely unnecessary? You're just digging yourself into debt. I'm a proponent of buying exactly what you want but within reason. The stock headlights are fine and really you'll just be blinding people with LEDs if you live in Jacksonville. I would prioritize getting as much equity into the Jeep as soon as possible. If you really hate stock just go aftermarket afterwards. The LEDs are really nice but they're $1000 and a luxury option. No luxury option is a must have.
Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Owned a JK and now a JLR. There is a substantial improvement between a JK and JL. You will want the new JL if you test drive one. lol. I would even consider a less expensive JL Sport over Rubicon if budget is a concern.

I understand not wanting to extend your monthly payments. Consider this, you either budget for repairs or payments. A 4 year old, 85K mile JK will need work soon so it might not be a bad idea if you can afford it. You basically will be trading maintance cost for depreciation. Labor is a lot if you don't do the work yourself. It's about $90-$130 a hour here in Chicago at a dealer. About $75 a hour at a average independent garage.

I bet you can get a really good deal on a new JL soon considering the economy. And interest rates are cheap now. Is your current financing interest rate lower then 3%-4%? You might be able to do better on your financing rate on a new car loan to help offset the cost. Or maybe one of those 0%x84 month loans deals will qualify on a Wrangler soon.

The factory LEDS are absolutely worth it. I owned quite a few cars and paid a lot more for upgraded headlight that were not as good. The JL LEDs are actually the best headlights I have ever had in any car. I owned a JK with the halogens. The JL LEDs are a HUGE improvement. I would not buy a Jl without them.

Last edited:

Sponsored

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR
Thanks everyone :) . One more question ... so many of the Rubis on the lot right now have the Advanced Safety Group. Is there anyway to disengage that feature?
Yes, there are options in the settings menu to do that - if you're talking about the collision avoidance.

Later,
Johnny

OP
OP
AUjeepgirl23

AUjeepgirl23

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Rubicon JLU 2.0 Turbo
Owned a JK and now a JLR. There is a substantial improvement between a JK and JL. You will want the new JL if you test drive one. lol. I would even consider a less expensive JL Sport over Rubicon if budget is a concern.

I understand not wanting to extend your monthly payments. Consider this, you either budget for repairs or payments. A 4 year old, 85K mile JK will need work soon so it might not be a bad idea if you can afford it. You basically will be trading maintance cost for depreciation. Labor is a lot if you don't do the work yourself. It's about $90-$130 a hour here in Chicago at a dealer. About $75 a hour at a average independent garage.

I bet you can get a really good deal on a new JL soon considering the economy. And interest rates are cheap now. Is your current financing interest rate lower then 3%-4%? You might be able to do better on your financing rate on a new car loan to help offset the cost. Or maybe one of those 0%x84 month loans deals will qualify on a Wrangler soon.

The factory LEDS are absolutely worth it. I owned quite a few cars and paid a lot more for upgraded headlight that were not as good. The JL LEDs are actually the best headlights I have ever had in any car. I owned a JK with the halogens. The JL LEDs are a HUGE improvement. I would not buy a Jl without them.
i wish that 0% interest would include the Wranglers, but I don’t see that happening. Right now just for the the Renegades and other models. I do love my Jeep now, but the higher miles do concern me a bit.

My current Jeep is financed through Chase. I’ve thought about calling them up and seeing what they could do since I’m an existing customer, payments always on time, blah blah blah. The call wait times are ridiculous right now.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
i wish that 0% interest would include the Wranglers, but I don’t see that happening. Right now just for the the Renegades and other models. I do love my Jeep now, but the higher miles do concern me a bit.

My current Jeep is financed through Chase. I’ve thought about calling them up and seeing what they could do since I’m an existing customer, payments always on time, blah blah blah. The call wait times are ridiculous right now.

The economy is tanked. It's buyers market now. Time is on your side. Wait it out for better interest rates and deals. I would be very surprised if more incentives are not offered that include the Wrangler. The only bummer might be your color choice. Punk’n is discontinued so you might be limited to what is on dealer lots.

I would go to the Jeep website and request a Wrangler brochure. Request a digital and mailed Wrangler brochure. Also request other Jeep model brochures. Make more then one request. I would do that 5-6 times or more. That will register you for any direct marketing promotions and increase your chances for a golden ticket.

https://www.jeep.com/gab.html

melman8r

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sarge Green JLR
Thanks everyone :) . One more question ... so many of the Rubis on the lot right now have the Advanced Safety Group. Is there anyway to disengage that feature?
Yes, you can turn off the ACC, which is the advanced safety group on my 2020 it also includes the AUTO high beams, they too can be disabled with the controls on the steering column.

GtX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase
I will second the fact they are not very snow friendly. Other than that I wouldn’t buy one without them.
This is why my driving lights are halogen. If the LED start to freeze flip on the halogens.

Sponsored

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladaitor Sport S
This is why my driving lights are halogen. If the LED start to freeze flip on the halogens.
Most aftermarket LEDs do just fine with snow so I'm not sure I'd worry about those. I loved the LED headlights so much that I'll be paying to swap out my headlights and taillights (they aren't available on the JT Sport) but I'll be supplementing them with some LED pods for the occasional snow I have to deal with.

OP
OP
AUjeepgirl23

AUjeepgirl23

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Rubicon JLU 2.0 Turbo
Thanks everyone.

Has anyone added trailer hitch aftermarket? I did on my Sahara and it’s fine. There is one Jeep I like, but without factory tow package which is really want I want.

I should change the name of this thread to “Too Many Damn Questions”. ;) Sorry!

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks everyone.

Has anyone added trailer hitch aftermarket? I did on my Sahara and it’s fine. There is one Jeep I like, but without factory tow package which is really want I want.

I should change the name of this thread to “Too Many Damn Questions”. ;) Sorry!
How will you be using the hitch? Hitch mounted bike rack or towing? Do you need the AUX switches for accessories later?

Same as your current Sahara. Adding a hitch afterwards is not a problem and very reasonable if you don't care about the higher output battery/ alternator and AUX switches that come with the factory option.

Bottom line…easy to add the hitch and wiring for anything you tow. You can get the Mopar hitch for a discount online and plug-and-play wiring harness from eTrailer. I'd make sure you buy the plug-in-play harness from eTrailer and NOT splice into the factory electrical harness. I have a friend who had a company install his hitch and they cut and spliced into the factory wiring harness. One of his rear LED tail lights went out and he assumed it would be covered under warranty. They declined warranty because the factory wiring harness was cut and spliced into. He was out of pocket for $400-$500 or something.

Link attached is for the Unlimited. Confirm if you are buying a 2-door.

https://www.etrailer.com/hitch-2019_Jeep_Wrangler+Unlimited.htm

https://www.etrailer.com/t1-2019_Jeep_Wrangler+Unlimited.htm

Last edited:

OHJeeper

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JLUS, 2008 JLUX, 2018 JLUR
I will second the fact they are not very snow friendly. Other than that I wouldn’t buy one without them.
Agreed on the snow (I live in OH). Otherwise, I am VERY happy with the factory LED's. When I drive my old JK with upgraded IPF headlights (which I used to think were AWESOME) I find it hard to see now!

G.D.S. 4x4

First Name
Garry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Hardrock 2dr '19 JL Rubi
Occupation
Old Jeeper not gonna say how long!
Do the factory LEDs. I too had a JK with JW Speakers and I can't tell the difference between those and JL factory LEDs. I see all kinds of inferior quality LED headlights that blind/glare. It's hard to beat factory quality. Plus all exterior lighting is LED also. Just do it!
Sponsored