Sponsored

2023JeepSahara

First Name
Sahara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Sahara
I have been exceptionally frustrated with never being able to use my electric mode due to unending FORM (fuel oil refresh). After trying all the "hacks" listed, such as adding 4 gallons of fuel, letting it run for 45 mins, etc I brought it into the dealership in Jan 2023. After 12 days of no fix, they were able to do a hard reset. The EV function worked for 3 days out of 7, followed by 2 weeks of FORM. Brought it back into the shop Feb 2023. The dealership had it until last week, at which time they told me the FORM recall was officially issued on March 15th 2023 for wranglers, pacificas and other 4xes.
I have attached the paperwork the dealership provided with the recall number highlighted.
I got my vehicle back yesterday so I cannot confirm if the recall actually fixed the FORM issue or not, but wanted to share this.
The dealership said because the recall was just issued, paperwork won't be received by 4xe owners for weeks. If you want to get your FORM fixed in the meantime the highlighted number shown in the attachment is the recall number you need. I believe this applies to 2021-2023 4xe vehicles but may also apply to 2020. My vehicle is a 2023 so I did not research 2020 but I am positive it covers 2021 and 2022 as well as 2023.
I hope this helps us all! It's been a real bummer to pay so much for a normal wrangler. Really looking forward to being able to enjoy a hybrid!

20230318_133449.jpg
Sponsored

JPAloha

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon 2 door, 2022 JL Rubicon 4xE
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Accredited Financial Planner
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for sharing this, the wifeā€™s 4xE seems to always be in FORM when itā€™s cold.

millerjl

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Sold mine during the pandemic 5 months after I bought it because of form. Resale prices were so high I didnā€™t lose much money on it but it was really frustrating. Hope Jeep figured it out. Let us know how it goes.

CaliJLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4xe Rubicon Past: 2016 C300, 2018 JLU Sport S
Thanks for posting this. Iā€™m glad I waited to take mine in for the other recalls šŸ˜‚

HungryHound

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 CJ-5, 1983 CJ-5, 1998 TJ, 2021 JLURe
I have been exceptionally frustrated with never being able to use my electric mode due to unending FORM (fuel oil refresh). After trying all the "hacks" listed, such as adding 4 gallons of fuel, letting it run for 45 mins, etc I brought it into the dealership in Jan 2023. After 12 days of no fix, they were able to do a hard reset. The EV function worked for 3 days out of 7, followed by 2 weeks of FORM. Brought it back into the shop Feb 2023. The dealership had it until last week, at which time they told me the FORM recall was officially issued on March 15th 2023 for wranglers, pacificas and other 4xes.
I have attached the paperwork the dealership provided with the recall number highlighted.
I got my vehicle back yesterday so I cannot confirm if the recall actually fixed the FORM issue or not, but wanted to share this.
The dealership said because the recall was just issued, paperwork won't be received by 4xe owners for weeks. If you want to get your FORM fixed in the meantime the highlighted number shown in the attachment is the recall number you need. I believe this applies to 2021-2023 4xe vehicles but may also apply to 2020. My vehicle is a 2023 so I did not research 2020 but I am positive it covers 2021 and 2022 as well as 2023.
I hope this helps us all! It's been a real bummer to pay so much for a normal wrangler. Really looking forward to being able to enjoy a hybrid!

Jeep Wrangler JL Official Recall: 4xe FORM Fuel Oil Refresh Mode 20230318_133449
I've only been in FORM once after parking the Jeep for a couple of months while out of the country. Maybe it's the warmer climate or that it's a 2021. Anyway, I'm due for my 3rd wave oil change so we'll see if they offer the recall fix while it's in the shop.

Roobicon

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
You may be experiencing the same thing I have. My MY '21 4xe would not run on electric for close to a year... unless I had climate control off.

I had two pending recalls. One is for the same thing you listed above which is to reprogram (software update) one of the hybrid modules. As it was explained to me: what this does is allow the engine light to come on if a second condition is met. After the update, the engine light will turn on if the battery heater throws a code that it is "locked closed." If this happens, the dealership needs to replace the battery heater (if you search the forum for "battery heater" you'll see pages of posts). After this was done, my 4xe runs perfectly. It's currently cold where I live. If it's above 30Āŗ, my 4xe now happily runs on battery until the gas gets too old and then it turns on FORM to keep the engine lubricated and the gas fresh; just like it did when I first bought it. The battery heater allows your 4xe to use the battery to heat and cool the cabin.

I hope yours gets fixed!
Sponsored