Sponsored

Official Owner’s Manual, User Guide and Quick Reference Guide appear on Jeep.com

OP
OP
The Great Grape Ape

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
Yeah, unfortunately the whole ‘sealed for life’ thing is more of a: “Well... compared to before... it’s likely to go the first lifetime of the first owner...” kind of thing, rather than actually the lifetime of the vehicle, which in the Wrangler often has many post/prior lives.

They should be sealed well, but as 1quick1 can attest, that’s not always the case.
Sponsored

OP
OP
The Great Grape Ape

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Have we seen a picture of a 2 door with a hard top?
They had the White one on display at LA with the new HardTop rack system.

6FE39B20-7778-4442-A478-55A8D4502000.jpeg

145DC862-1C6E-4C2E-A017-43722F85A974.jpeg

ResponsibleAdult

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, Rubicon, Mojito
"Oil Life Reset 1. Without pushing the brake pedal, push and release the ENGINE START/STOP button and place the ignition to the ON/RUN position (do not start the engine). 2. Navigate to Oil Life submenu in Vehicle Info in the instrument cluster display. 3. Push and hold the OK button until the gauge resets to 100%."

My God, it really is the future!
What is the oil life reset??

Sponsored

nowandthen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUR, 1989 Toyota standard cab pickup
As for the oil reset, the number of times I’ve had to do that after a Dealership service is astounding (I could forgive Jiffy Lube etc), so making the process easier is nicer, but it should just have been an EVIC option long ago, glad they finally caught up.
This sounds more complicated than on the JK.

Step 1: Turn the ignition switch to the on/run position but do not start the engine.
Step 2: Fully depress the accelerator pedal slowly 3 times within 10 seconds.
Step 3: Turn the ignition switch back to the off/lock position.

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-

Step 1: Turn the ignition switch to the on/run position but do not start the engine.
I don't know about the JK, but on my Chrysler there's no indication that the three stomp salute ever really worked and reset the indicator.

Edit: That is, if you changed your oil before the light came on.

Last edited:
OP
OP
The Great Grape Ape

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Yeah, I know, I’ve done the reset many times before, but if you think about it now, it’s essentially doing the accessories instead of on/run and then navigating a menu.. Both are relatively easy, but now it’s not a hidden feature unlike the pedal reset on the JK.

I agree with DanW though, as I mentioned before it should always just have been a basic EVIC menu option.

OP
OP
The Great Grape Ape

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't know about the JK, but on my Chrysler there's no indication that the three stomp salute ever really worked and reset the indicator.
Yeah, the issue is you can’t stomp on it, it needs to be slow both down and up. It has worked for me far too many times (should get it back already reset from the dealer), but I have had to redo it a few times because I was too hasty in the steps while trying to get on with my day.

OP
OP
The Great Grape Ape

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That is one of my favorite new features that I didn't even expect.
I know what you mean. Always hoped a JK refresh would bring it but thought it was too much to expect it on a JL after the years of indifference on the JKs.

Easy racks that I can quickly swap between Kayaks and Bicycle without having to drill into the roof would be nice... although I usually have the soft top when I’m doing those activities so.... ;)

However I do wonder if this would work on the Power Soft Top. I would think it doesn’t maintain enough structural integrity to achieve a solid mount, but if it could, then THAT would be the killer app/use that would make me switch to the power-top.

Sponsored

ResponsibleAdult

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, Rubicon, Mojito
You voted for JT, didn't you? :facepalm:
Thanks for the help. I looked it up, as my daily driver 2005 TJ doesn't have one.

Nope. Didn't vote for JT. If you'd like, I can sarcastically explain the Canadian election system to you here, or you can just google parliamentary democracy. Kind of like I googled oil reset.

STL J-Hawk

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver 2018 JLUS!, 2016 Tahoe

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Thanks for the help. I looked it up, as my daily driver 2005 TJ doesn't have one.

Nope. Didn't vote for JT. If you'd like, I can sarcastically explain the Canadian election system to you here, or you can just google parliamentary democracy. Kind of like I googled oil reset.
Sorry, I was being a bit of a dick.
Sponsored