Sponsored

displayname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
About to place a factory order on 2021 Rubicon with Xtreme Recon. Does anyone know how tall the vehicle will be with the 1.5" lift and 35 tires?

My lowest clearance in my garage is 83.5" and I plan on installing a gobi stealth rack which adds 7.1" in height. If xtreme recon only adds 2" height to vehicle I'll be ok - 3" and I might be in trouble...
7.1" is a lot. I would say place the order and be ready to pivot racks if the measurements don't work. Or get the Jeep and the rack, and get ready to park outside. Based on the number's you might be within half an inch. That's putting a lot of faith in every spec being pretty exact across the board... and that your entrance is total level and going to allow entry at that exact height. If anything comes in slightly larger than spec, you'll be outside for sure.
https://www.caranddriver.com/jeep/w...er_jeep-wrangler-unlimited-4-door_2021/415860
Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
The latest info is that the Xtreme Recon package is being forced on all Rubicons with the V6 engine + automatic transmission configuration.

If you want just a regular Rubicon with the automatic, Jeep forces you to take the 2.0T or the 3.0L EcoDiesel.

The ordering screen shot below, courtesy of a member from another forum, shows Xtreme Recon as a requirement when you order 25R, which is Rubicon V6 + 8-speed automatic.

Jeep Wrangler JL Official: New Jeep Wrangler Xtreme Recon Package Announced. Will Debut at Chicago Auto Show 1629316721138

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
This is not going to go down well with a lot of buyers. It only makes Rubicon even more expensive than already is.

No offense to 2.0T owners; y'all seem to love your Fiat engine. But trying to force the four banger to get a Rubicon would be a non-starter with me.

If this is the game Jeep wants to keep playing, it better start offering a rear locker as a stand alone option on non-Rubicons. Otherwise once Ford fixes all the screw ups, Bronco is going to eat Jeep’s lunch.

displayname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
This is not going to go down well with a lot of buyers. It only makes Rubicon even more expensive than already is.
I don't expect this to continue into the next model year. I think this is more a symptom of the current production/chip shortages, model year end, and beating out Bronco on the road and in upcoming reviews.

jmm11116

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
The latest info is that the Xtreme Recon package is being forced on all Rubicons with the V6 engine + automatic transmission configuration.

If you want just a regular Rubicon with the automatic, Jeep forces you to take the 2.0T or the 3.0L EcoDiesel.

The ordering screen shot below, courtesy of a member from another forum, shows Xtreme Recon as a requirement when you order 25R, which is Rubicon V6 + 8-speed automatic.

Jeep Wrangler JL Official: New Jeep Wrangler Xtreme Recon Package Announced. Will Debut at Chicago Auto Show 1629316721138
I don't think the 2.0L is available to order at this time either. At least it wasn't when I ordered earlier this month. Maybe that is available now but I don't know. I was on the fence between the 2.0 and the 3.6 so I'm not worried about getting forced to order the 3.6 with the XR package.

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I don't think the 2.0L is available to order at this time either. At least it wasn't when I ordered earlier this month. Maybe that is available now but I don't know. I was on the fence between the 2.0 and the 3.6 so I'm not worried about getting forced to order the 3.6 with the XR package.
I'm worried about being forced into the V6 if I wanted the XR package, either. My issue is, if I want a Rubicon V6, I don’t want to be forced into having to get the $4,000 XR package! Which is what Jeep is currently doing.

And yes, you are correct: the same person who shared this screenshot confirmed that you cannot order the 2.0T right now. So if you want a Rubicon automatic, you are forced into the XR and the V6, or the diesel. All of which add $$$ fast!

Last edited:

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
I don't understand where they're getting the chips to make new vehicles. I thought just about all manufacturers have no chips

benny_rt2

First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 YJ - 1999 TJ - 2004 TJ
2dr Rubicon don't yet have an xtreme recon package, or am I mistaken? Xtreme Recon is not yet showing up for 2dr Rubicons on the Build page. If wanting a rubicon 2dr v6 with automatic am I correct in saying that you could order without the Xtreme Recon package?

I wonder if the Xtreme Recon will ever become available on 2dr Rubicons.

I'm also wondering when the 4.88 gear option will become available for manual transmission Rubicons (2 or 4dr variants).

Sponsored

displayname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
2dr Rubicon don't yet have an xtreme recon package, or am I mistaken? Xtreme Recon is not yet showing up for 2dr Rubicons on the Build page. If wanting a rubicon 2dr v6 with automatic am I correct in saying that you could order without the Xtreme Recon package?

I wonder if the Xtreme Recon will ever become available on 2dr Rubicons.

I'm also wondering when the 4.88 gear option will become available for manual transmission Rubicons (2 or 4dr variants).
I don't believe the 2 door has it yet. The original PR said the 100:1 crawl ratio gearing would be "later this year" but we'll see if that holds or not. I would fully expect both options to hold off until MY22 at this point.

path0s

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
enjoying every bit of the XR package. Definitely a peace of mind having that HD m210 up front. cast iron knuckles, 10mm tube walls(all rubis have 10mm) compared to a PR44 at about 12-13mm.

Basically 37s capable from factory with either a 3.5" lift, or a 1" spacer, and then RCV's/chromos if you wanted.

side note, a 3.5" lift actually gives about 2-2.5 due to it having the 1.5" over the rubi.

20220104_144227.jpg
Sponsored