Sponsored

HellaRubi

First Name
Sher or Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Hellayella; F87 M2C; E90 M3
I'm pretty sure the Mojave and 392 hood are the same. Maybe the scoop is more functional on the 392.
Looking at Google images again, it looks like the Mojave hood has a "honeycomb" for the scoop grille, while the 392 hood has 2 little "struts" (for lack of a better term) on the scoop grille. Are the hood scoop grilles easily changed out, making the hoods essentially the same? Could also be other minor differences between the 2 hoods that I'm not picking up on.
Sponsored

TOTL Innovations

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.totlinnovations.com
Vehicle(s)
2008 JK
Looking at Google images, yeah, the Rubicon 392 w/ Xtreme Recon hood looks like the Rubicon 392 "regular" hood. And then it could very well be the Mojave hood if you get a non-392 w/ Xtreme Recon. I can't verify that with pictures though, as there doesn't seem to be enough definitive images of the non-392 w/ Xtreme Recon.

That's assuming the Gladiator hood is interchangeable with the Wrangler hood. I guess it is? I forget how modular / interchangeable everything is in the Wrangler world.
I'm pretty sure the Mojave and 392 hood are the same. Maybe the scoop is more functional on the 392.
Looking at Google images again, it looks like the Mojave hood has a "honeycomb" for the scoop grille, while the 392 hood has 2 little "struts" (for lack of a better term) on the scoop grille. Are the hood scoop grilles easily changed out, making the hoods essentially the same? Could also be other minor differences between the 2 hoods that I'm not picking up on.
The 392 hood also has that Hydro Guide system.
The Mojave and 392 hoods look the same but as @DaveNH pointed out, the 392 hood is functional while the Mojave is only aesthetic. The 392 is made from steel instead of aluminum to support the weight of the Hydro guide system.

Hoods are interchangeable between the JL and Gladiators so long as its not a Mojave. The Mojave requires a completely different cowl as the hinges are further apart than non Mojave packages.

There is an aftermarket option that is fully functional and fits on all models except the Mojave ;)

HellaRubi

First Name
Sher or Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Hellayella; F87 M2C; E90 M3
The Mojave and 392 hoods look the same but as @DaveNH pointed out, the 392 hood is functional while the Mojave is only aesthetic. The 392 is made from steel instead of aluminum to support the weight of the Hydro guide system.

Hoods are interchangeable between the JL and Gladiators so long as its not a Mojave. The Mojave requires a completely different cowl as the hinges are further apart than non Mojave packages.

There is an aftermarket option that is fully functional and fits on all models except the Mojave ;)
Good information, thank you.

I'll have to check out that aftermarket option. :)

No Spark V6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubi 3.0 GCM
Clubs

Not 100% sure but I believe the Mojave hood is also steel. When I talked to the guys at redline tuning about the hood struts they mentioned that the Mojave hood was steel and they had different struts for the additional weight.

Sponsored

702Rubi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner
Two questions about this Xtreme Recon package:

1. Has Jeep said which exactly tires they'll be putting on?
2. What will the overall stock vehicle height be? Will it still fit through a standard 7' garage opening?

Rockstar08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport

2. What will the overall stock vehicle height be? Will it still fit through a standard 7' garage opening?
Go back and read the very first post in this thread!!

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
I wish there were a way to get the front swaybar disconnect on something other than a Rubi!
I actually think the electronic sway bar disconnect is overrated. It is not hard to do manually, and only takes a minute with quick disconnects. It's much faster than airing down.

Sponsored

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L

Tires: I believe that it’s 315 AT BFG KO2s

702Rubi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner
I actually think the electronic sway bar disconnect is overrated. It is not hard to do manually, and only takes a minute with quick disconnects. It's much faster than airing down.
I liked and used it often on my old JKUR. It's the thing I miss the most now, as I almost never used the lockers. Most of the times I engaged them was simply to ensure they were still working!

The disco was very useful for keeping more wheels on the ground when tackling the eroded/gouged out roads I often encounter here in the southwest. đź‘Ť

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
I liked and used it often on my old JKUR. It's the thing I miss the most now, as I almost never used the lockers. Most of the times I engaged them was simply to ensure they were still working!

The disco was very useful for keeping more wheels on the ground when tackling the eroded/gouged out roads I often encounter here in the southwest. đź‘Ť
Yeah i always disconnect. But when i had my sport s i just did it manually.

Rockstar08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
OK, I missed the part about BFG KO2's.

But I don't see anything explaining how the overall height of the vehicle will change. 🤷‍♂️
Okay in the same first post it states:
The new Jeep Wrangler Xtreme Recon Package includes:
  • LT315/70R17C (35-inch) BF Goodrich KO2 All-Terrain Tires
  • 17-inch x 8-inch Beadlock Capable Wheels
  • 4.56:1 Axle Ratio
  • 1.5-inch Factory Suspension Lift with uniquely tuned shocks.
So there is another 1.5” lift on top of the standard Rubicon and your tires are going from a 33” to a 35” but you only gain 1” of height from that so you are gaining a total of 2.5” higher then the standard Rubicon!

ThatTXJeepGuy

First Name
allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW, Porsche, future wrangler owner
Has anyone been able to order 4.88 gears? Will that be available with an automatic or manual only?
Sponsored