Sponsored

Outrun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392XR
I spent 2.2k on my 3.5 inch metalcloak game changer, 1900 for 5 Nitto trail grapplers 37x12.5xr17 for my JLR. WAY better components for the same money. Now if you never plan to go bigger than the package offers and want no warranty headaches from the dealer it’s def worth it
You're missing a few more items like gearing and beadlocks as example.
Way better is subjective.

Suspect

First Name
Franky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKR
You’re right,I forgot about those.
The tires can be subjective but the lift is not.

danm

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2-Door Sting Gray
Can we all agree to call this the Rubicon XR, and not mention what that stands for?
^^^ This is the only logical remedy for this aweful name.

Let me play through a scenario for you...

Scene: two dudes drinking beers at a bar. Both a little bit muddy from a day of off-roading.

Bronco Knucklehead: "... so what, Jeep doesn't have anything that compares to the Sasquatch package."

Handsome Jeep Guy: "We've got the Rubicon XR with 392 Hemi. It's got better ground clearance, monster gears and an American V-8 with 470 horsepower. What does Ford have that matches that?"

Yeah... I could say "Rubicon XR" and feel good about it.

Sponsored

Steve JLUR

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GC Summit
I think you misinterpreted his argument. He's not saying you can purchase those items that cheaply. He's saying that if you install the upgraded items instead of the normal OEM items right in the factory, the cost difference is small.

For example, instead of the 33s which cost I guess around $225 ish if you ordered 35s which cost around $275 ish, the difference is $50.

His point is if you're given credit for the standard items you aren't getting and you order the upgraded parts, the cost is around 2k-ish. Labor costs etc remains the same as it costs no more to install these upgraded items than it did for the standard items.
Completely understand what you’re saying.
Specious argument, though.
The marginal pricing model means they are targeting an audience that will buy this because the cost is equal to or less than the perceived value of the addition. Anyone complaining that this package is not worth it, and are not purchasing it, were NOT the target audience. Wanna know if this package is a dog? If it goes away and is not replaced by something similar, then they missed their target.

Last edited:

TriumphJeepster

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Hopefully

Steve JLUR

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GC Summit
I get that manufacturers don't price vehicles that way. The poster was just pointing out if things were done fairly that's how it SHOULD be.
Why is one arbitrary price fair and another unfair. Other than me, was anyone here forced to buy a Jeep?

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
First of all- jeep does it this way because it makes them more money. Period.

But Rubicons don’t have to cost $45k, $55k or $65k. I got my Rubicon for just under $40k. If someone thinks they can afford a $35k jeep but not a $40k one, they probably shouldn’t be buying a jeep to begin with. (Note- I’m not saying everyone should buy a Rubicon, but you’re talking about a hypothetical person who wanted a Rubicon but could only “afford” a $35k sport)

Super expensive jeeps only exist because people don’t have the self control to not order half the options available. Do you really need heated seats, a body-colored hard top, a bunch of extra safety equipment, premium audio, remote start, and automatic cruise control? Reeeeally? If so, fine, but don’t get mad about $45k+ Rubicons.
My JLR with only options being automatic and color matched hardtop was under $39K out the door after discount.
The only extreme recon package componet I might want is the fender extensions. Hopefully well under $100
Jeep Wrangler JL Official: New Jeep Wrangler Xtreme Recon Package Announced. Will Debut at Chicago Auto Show JL tire stick out

Sponsored

dalema

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL392, Golf GTI
I’ve seen in a couple of posts saying this package includes the Mopar Tailgate reinforcement. Is that correct?

Xcoaste

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR - Past - '13 JKU, '97 TJ, '93 YJ
I think this is a fair price, just not for me. I have re-geared previous Jeeps before, you are close to $2k just for that from a good shop.

My concern will be first time Jeep owners getting this package due to the ease of convenience from the factory (financing it into the loan) and not understanding how a modified Jeep handles. Not talking about people on this forum obviously, but maybe younger unexperienced drivers.

Rockstar08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
I’ve seen in a couple of posts saying this package includes the Mopar Tailgate reinforcement. Is that correct?
Yes it includes the Mopar Tailgate reinforcement! Also apparently it include performance brakes so atleast they even upgraded brakes also to performance brakes which is another bonus for the price!!!

Xtreme Recon 35" Tire Package (AGB)
Details:
  • LT315/70R17C 113/110S Tires (TVC)
  • Dana M210 Wide HD Tube Front Axle (DJV)
  • 110mph Vehicle Max Speed Calibration (JJ3)
  • Wheel Flare Extensions (NLA)
  • MOPAR Tire Relocation Kit (XFP)
  • Anti-Lock 4-Wheel Disc Perf Brakes (BR4)
  • 17x8.0 beadlock Capable Wheel (WFC)
  • MOPAR Jack Spacer (CXK)
  • 35" Tire Suspension (SDG)
  • MOPAR Hinge-Gate Reinforcement (XDB)
  • GVW Rating - 6100# (Z1M)
  • 4.56 Rear Axle Ratio (DMU)

Mr. Obvious

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUS, 2018 Accord Hybrid
I ordered a ton of options as this will be more than a dedicated trail rig. However I do agree with you. if I wanted to build a trail only rig I would for sure buy the cheapest model possible since most parts would be replaced anyways. if you look at it that way, you can get a brand new Jeep significantly cheaper than the current average new car price. in that regard its a good deal. now fully loaded is another story, my 2020 was 54k msrp with most options. my 2021 is right under 64k. the main difference was the diesel engine. others were just options to make daily driving and long trips nicer. However, no one should pay msrp anyways. my 2020 ended up around 47k purchase price and my 2022 will be roughly 54k. still a lot of money, but that was due to all the options I selected.
$10k off, where???

Ratiogear

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon
No he is completely wrong you cannot view it that way period that is my point. You can only view it as what it would cost you after already buying a Rubicon to buy all these parts and install them!! We all live in the real world it makes zero difference what Jeep pays for these parts. So the $3995 to have all these parts and have everything completely under Factory WARRANTY is a steal!!!
Yes and no. They don't charge you full price for any of your tops because they rebate you the cost of the standard vinyl soft top. Just like swapping to the i4 from the v6 is a 0$ 'upgrade' (though they do charge you for the transmission)

They could do the same here if they wanted.
Sponsored