Sponsored

dalema

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL392, Golf GTI
The dealers can add them today. I just added onto my 392 that's in D status since 05/07 this morning. It will be up on the site soon.
@Outrun is it the same price for the 392?

What do you get for that, that you are not already getting - the tires? Are they the same bronze wheels?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Rockstar08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
I also think its a pretty good deal. if it was available for the Eco-diesel I would get it since i plan to run mopar beadlocks anyways and this would actually save money vs buying the wheels and tires myself.
Sorry I completely forgot about the Mopar Beadlock rims that also come in this package, I love those wheels but was going to go a different route since they have been around awhile but I will take them, even more savings this package is a deal!!

bigbaozi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
I spent 2.2k on my 3.5 inch metalcloak game changer, 1900 for 5 Nitto trail grapplers 37x12.5xr17 for my JLR. WAY better components for the same money. Now if you never plan to go bigger than the package offers and want no warranty headaches from the dealer it’s def worth it
Subtract whatever Jeep was paying for the suspension components they swap out, subtract the 33" KO2's you won't be getting, subtract the wheels they are dropping, subtract the gears you aren't pulling out to swap (and the labor for all of this). They don't pay for any of that anymore, they just pay for the additive cost of the components over the ones they removed. And they get OEM volume pricing on all of it, much less than any of us will ever pay.

So yeah, it might be a good deal to some compared to stripping and upgrading a stock Rubicon, but they are screwing us over while Ford is almost definitely turning a profit on every Sasquatch package they sell.

Upnarms

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2003 TJ X
Wow, lots of folks just won't be satisfied with anything. "now offering 35s!" I can't believe they didn't do 37s. "now offering a 392" what? No hellcat? Psshh. "4.56 gears" weak. "100:1 crawl ratio in the manual." I get 200:1 in my (fill on the blank).

Rewind a couple of years and I bet these folks were begging for these options to be on a jeep from the factory. Now they are here and i read a bunch of whining.

Pretty unheard of in history for a manufacturer to offer 35"tires on a vehicle, a lift, and the gearing to make it run right. And now there are mind you TWO major companies doing this! In the days when the federal govt is knee-capping manufacturers into pumping out priuses, this is really awesome.

I have a 19 rubi and would've loved to have had this option. To re-gear is $$$ not to mention losing the warranty. I think it's a fair deal.

For those who want 37s and 40s, I get it, it isn't a deal for you and wouldn't make sense, but let's not pass over what a cool milestone this is.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Wow, lots of folks just won't be satisfied with anything. "now offering 35s!" I can't believe they didn't do 37s. "now offering a 392" what? No hellcat? Psshh. "4.56 gears" weak. "100:1 crawl ratio in the manual." I get 200:1 in my (fill on the blank).

Rewind a couple of years and I bet these folks were begging for these options to be on a jeep from the factory. Now they are here and i read a bunch of whining.

Pretty unheard of in history for a manufacturer to offer 35"tires on a vehicle, a lift, and the gearing to make it run right. And now there are mind you TWO major companies doing this! In the days when the federal govt is knee-capping manufacturers into pumping out priuses, this is really awesome.

I have a 19 rubi and would've loved to have had this option. To re-gear is $$$ not to mention losing the warranty. I think it's a fair deal.

For those who want 37s and 40s, I get it, it isn't a deal for you and wouldn't make sense, but let's not pass over what a cool milestone this is.
Youre right. this is a great thing. But lets not forget, it was Ford that jumped for it first. And they offer the sasquatch package on any trim.

This is good though. Best thing Jeep has done since the JL came out imo. The next gen jeeps might just give us what we all want.

Sponsored

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
This comparative view only applies to Rubicons... Retail cost differences: 285 (33") to 315 (35") KO2's are about $55 each for a total additional retail of $275. 4.10 to 4.56 gears is zero cost difference. Lockers, already included. Hinge gate reinforcement is $675. OEM wheels to beadlock capable wheels, $95 each for a total additional retail of $475. 1.5" suspension lift retail cost over included Rubicon lift, lets be generous and call it $500 additional retail cost. Total additional retail cost of all items: $1,925.
Again, these are retail cost, not what the factory pays...Like I said, $2500 would be a fair upgrade package price for Rubicons.

Bocephus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 392
Occupation
Sam’s Decorative Automotive Button Emporium
I’m still not sure if the 392 Recon package gets new gears, or if the gearing is limited to standard rubis with the Recon package. If 392 does get gearing..what ratio?

Also not clear to me if the 392 Recon gets additional lift and seperate suspension components , or if the standard 392 lift (already taller than a Rubi) and components (Fox shocks) remain.

Whisky19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru, JEEP!!!!!!!
I am incredibly grateful I’m a Rubicon owner already and can simply sit back and watch all of this play out. Jeep is toying with Ford at this point. Time will tell just how far Ford is willing to push the envelope. What I can say with 100% certainty is in Vermont, particularly within the last year, I have never seen so many new Jeeps in my life and these are both in and out of state. This notion of The Bronco being the demise of Jeep is moronic. Just look what Jeep answered with in such a short time frame. To me, the message to Ford is simple… wanna hang with pack? Then ya can’t pee like a puppy. Enjoy the ride 😉

Last edited:

TheRealTVGuy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.MyVillageRadio.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler 4xe
Being a Jeep newbie I had no idea you could not get a rear locker on just any Jeep. That really seems crazy when contrasted with the image.
So the only way to get any lockers is to go Rubicon with front and rear?
From the factory, yes. However, you could always add aftermarket lockers to a Non-Rubi (Depending on which axles you have).

dalema

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL392, Golf GTI
I’m still not sure if the 392 Recon package gets new gears, or if the gearing is limited to standard rubis with the Recon package. If 392 does get gearing..what ratio?

Also not clear to me if the 392 Recon gets additional lift and seperate suspension components , or if the standard 392 lift (already taller than a Rubi) and components (Fox shocks) remain.
Exactly what I’d like to know.

all I can see right now are the 35s and the wheels are x8 vs x7.5.

guess I could then take the tailgate reinforcement off my build though if part of this package

Sponsored

Bocephus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 392
Occupation
Sam’s Decorative Automotive Button Emporium
Yeah for the 392 - don’t feel like it’s worth the upgrade unless it’s also gearing and better (?) suspension. The original 392 suspension is maybe perfect for running 35s, and many seem to think the gearing also great for 35s. All said, I think I’d sooner slap on my choice of 35’s, and an AEV rear bumper and tire carrier, as opposed to pop 3-4K for extreme recon. interested to hear more fully what the 392 extreme recon will be.

galleywinter

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Hard Rock JKU, 2018 JL Rubi, 2020 Mercedes GLC 300(Wife) :-)
Occupation
Environmental Manager, VA Hospital
Kinda Meh!! Glad I didn't wait to see what changes the 2022's would have before ordering. For those of you ready to jump on this, remember a big Wrangler refresh is likely coming on the 2023 models. Likely some big changes.......

Caveman044

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURXR
Kinda Meh!! Glad I didn't wait to see what changes the 2022's would have before ordering. For those of you ready to jump on this, remember a big Wrangler refresh is likely coming on the 2023 models. Likely some big changes.......
There's always going to be the next greatest thing just around the corner. Get what's available and be happy with it. Waiting around for the next update is a never ending cycle, this goes well beyond buying a wrangler.

CT_LFC

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC90 / JLUR
There's always going to be the next greatest thing just around the corner. Get what's available and be happy with it. Waiting around for the next update is a never ending cycle, this goes well beyond buying a wrangler.
agree. If you’re going to wait to get the “perfect” Jeep you may never actually pull the trigger, or miss out on years of fun.
I got my ‘19 JLUR and been loving it since, and have no regrets even though they now offer things like full time 4wd that I would have gotten if available at the time.
Sponsored