Sponsored

84jeepjohn

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 JLUR 392, 84 CJ7, 2005 Z71 Burb
No one buying a wrangler or a bronco is a financially conscious person.
Not true. The jl’s are a good value for what you get. And they get decent milage. Jeep has stepped up the game
Sponsored

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Being a Jeep newbie I had no idea you could not get a rear locker on just any Jeep. That really seems crazy when contrasted with the image.
So the only way to get any lockers is to go Rubicon with front and rear?
But then you realize you DONT need lockers.

av8or

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2023 Rivian R1T
Occupation
FedEx-retired
2023 models all get D44s and rear locker available on any trim. 2024 models the “Xtreme 392” package will have D60s. I should be ready to upgrade around then.

It’s my fantasy, let me have it!😜

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
No one buying a wrangler or a bronco is a financially conscious person.
Thats not necessarily true. We all spend money on hobbies and things we enjoy. Within the hobbies you always have options, sky is the limit usually in terms of how much you can spend. Going into a Jeep means you are spending some money for joy, off roading of some sort. Financially responsible people get what they truly need; the JL sport is an incredible value vehicle in terms of its capabilities and serves well most people. The Rubicon has more capabilities than most people need, it is generally not a financially responsible option.

As an example I could easily buy a Rubicon, but chose a sport because it serves me perfectly fine. That was a personal financial choice.

There is always grey between black and white.

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
$4,000 worth of upgrades that are now covered under factory warranty is disappointing?
Tires are usually excluded from any factory warranty. The lift kit is a very mild one and while the upgraded gearing is nice, for this package that’ll be left stock, does it make sense?

I want to be excited but unless something has been left out, nothing mentioned so far suggests that this is worthy of the name Xtreme Recon.

Perhaps Con ReX-treme is a better name?

Sponsored

Suspect

First Name
Franky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKR
It's $3,995. You're going to spend close to double trying to do this in the aftermarket.
I spent 2.2k on my 3.5 inch metalcloak game changer, 1900 for 5 Nitto trail grapplers 37x12.5xr17 for my JLR. WAY better components for the same money. Now if you never plan to go bigger than the package offers and want no warranty headaches from the dealer it’s def worth it

Rockstar08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
This is a great deal for $3,995 seriously, better gears which would cost you almost half that price to change, the tailgate reinforcement saves you another $500, bigger tires even though they are really on 34” since KO2’s run small, another 1.5” lift over the standard Rubicon is awesome but hopefully hopefully they pair this with the Mopar Shocks that would be huge!!! Would still like to see how and where they are getting that extra measured ground clearance because the tires will only account for 1” max for that and the lift counts as a zero regarding ground clearance!!??

702Rubi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner
Other than a pissing contest vs the new Broncos, I'm wondering why anyone needs a 100:1 low gear?!
Perhaps I'm mistaken, but I recall my JKU Rubi with an auto was 70:1. Much lower than the 4Runners that preceded and followed it. It was plenty adequate for very steep downhills (which I can't say about 1st gear and 4L on my 4Runner).
IIRC, people have complained that the low range on the Rubi was already too low...now this?

Sponsored

hockeynut258

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Other than a pissing contest vs the new Broncos, I'm wondering why anyone needs a 100:1 low gear?!
Perhaps I'm mistaken, but I recall my JKU Rubi with an auto was 70:1. Much lower than the 4Runners that preceded and followed it. It was plenty adequate for very steep downhills (which I can't say about 1st gear and 4L on my 4Runner).
IIRC, people have complained that the low range on the Rubi was already too low...now this?
The 4:10 with stock 33’s and 4:10 is about perfect with the manual. I think the 4:88 would be good for 37’s to keep 1st gear low enough to not have to modulate the throttle and clutch much when creeping up rocks.

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
This is a great deal for $3,995 seriously, better gears which would cost you almost half that price to change, the tailgate reinforcement saves you another $500, bigger tires even though they are really on 34” since KO2’s run small, another 1.5” lift over the standard Rubicon is awesome but hopefully hopefully they pair this with the Mopar Shocks that would be huge!!! Would still like to see how and where they are getting that extra measured ground clearance because the tires will only account for 1” max for that and the lift counts as a zero regarding ground clearance!!??
I also think its a pretty good deal. if it was available for the Eco-diesel I would get it since i plan to run mopar beadlocks anyways and this would actually save money vs buying the wheels and tires myself.

mac6898

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJ
Do you know the invoice amount?
If my math is correct, it looks like invoice pricing on the listed options is approximately 90% of MSRP. I calculated about 5 or 6 of them and all were right around that amount, so if that holds true, the Xtreme Recon invoice price should be just under $3600.
Sponsored