Sponsored

TXRubicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Firecracker Red JLUR, '23 Porsche Cayman GTS
Jeep Wrangler JL Official: New Jeep Wrangler Xtreme Recon Package Announced. Will Debut at Chicago Auto Show JP021_616WRfrf0bemoi4pcp0icpbned67f04

New Jeep® Wrangler Xtreme Recon Package Takes 4x4 Capability to New Levels
Global debut set for 2021 Chicago Auto Show Camp Jeep on Thursday, July 14, 2021
  • Jeep® Wrangler Xtreme Recon package offers 35-inch tires straight from the factory; further improving approach angle, departure angle, ground clearance and water fording capability
  • Customer orders now open with production at the Toledo (Ohio) Assembly Plant starting in August
  • Industry-first 100:1 crawl ratio from the factory will be available for ordering on the Wrangler Rubicon later this year
June 25, 2021 , Auburn Hills, Mich. - Jeep® 4x4 capability is legendary, and the brand continues its leadership position as the most capable 4x4 in the world.

As the brand continues its 80th Anniversary this year, it is elevating its capability game yet again with the introduction of the new Jeep Wrangler Xtreme Recon Package at the 2021 Chicago Auto Show on July 14.

“For the first time ever, the new Jeep Wrangler Xtreme Recon Package delivers 35-inch tires straight from the factory,” said Jim Morrison, Vice President, Jeep Brand North America. “We have been listening to and watching our customers make this one of the most popular modifications to their Wranglers, and now we will deliver this exciting new package, along with an industry-first 100:1 crawl ratio, off the showroom floor at our Jeep dealerships.”

The new Jeep Wrangler Xtreme Recon Package includes:
  • LT315/70R17C (35-inch) BF Goodrich KO2 All-Terrain Tires
  • 17-inch x 8-inch Beadlock Capable Wheels
  • 4.56:1 Axle Ratio
  • 1.5-inch Factory Suspension Lift with uniquely tuned shocks
The results: Best-in-class approach angle, departure angle, ground clearance and water fording capability:
  • Approach angle – 47.4 degrees
  • Breakover angle – 26.7 degrees
  • Departure angle – 40.4 degrees
  • Ground clearance – 12.9 inches
  • Water fording – 33.6 inches
Customers can now order the Jeep Wrangler Xtreme Recon package on both Wrangler Rubicon 4-door and Wrangler Rubicon 392 models. Production at the Toledo (Ohio) Assembly Plant will start in August.

A new 4.88:1 axle ratio will be available on the Wrangler Rubicon. When paired with the six-speed manual transmission, this optional axle ratio delivers a best-in-class 100:1 crawl ratio for increased wheel torque and control when navigating off-road obstacles. The 4.88:1 axle ratio will be available for ordering later in 2021.

Be sure to check out the Jeep brand reveal at the Chicago Auto Show for more on this and the new 2022 Jeep Compass on July 14, 2021.

Jeep Wrangler JL Official: New Jeep Wrangler Xtreme Recon Package Announced. Will Debut at Chicago Auto Show JP021_615WRhqtfmnrlosfu5ilf094tbdeg3s
Jeep Wrangler JL Official: New Jeep Wrangler Xtreme Recon Package Announced. Will Debut at Chicago Auto Show JP021_617WRkn9gk52guk33ejpa2et0h3dj5r
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

Sponsored

JDChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave
Great... The writing was on the wall but if you asked me a week ago what big news I wanted to hear from Jeep it would have been around a Mojave Wrangler. With that said, I'm curious if Jeep will offer this on the JT (both Rubicon and Mojave).

Sponsored

BCMgunner

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 on 37” KO2s
Look at the first and third pic. Those fog light bezel/crush cans are really sticking way out there.

Also the little govt mandated fender extensions.
Good pick up. Looks like this is how they got around covering the 4.4” backspacing of the original Mopar beadlocks.

The 1.5” lift sounds like the lift that comes standard on the 392 which is nothing more than different springs and shocks. Control arms, sway bar end links are same as stock Rubi.

My biggest question is will the optional gearing be available on the 392. My guess is NO as the 392 doesn’t even have the 4.10:1 of the stock Rubi. Since the 392 already has the 1.5” lift, this package will likely only add the alternative beadlocks and 35” tires to the 392… and the wonky bumper and fenders.

With the gearing, this package would be a decent alternative to the 392 itself in terms of acceleration on 35/37” tires.

Walker Texas Wrangler

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hamburgsolutions.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLU Rubicon, Previous: '99 TJ Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Very cool news. I like the little lip on the fenders too. Not a fan of the name and I hope they don't plaster it on the body in any way. Since it's just a suspension lift and shocks, I would think it would be a pretty easy add after the fact, too (aside from the gears).

mnjeeper

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 TJ, 2021 JLUR
Most of that already comes on the 392...and I highly doubt those gears will make it to the 392. Not much of a package there.

For the rubi, it this was around I would have probably gotten it.
Sponsored