Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Look at the first and third pic. Those fog light bezel/crush cans are really sticking way out there.

Also the little govt mandated fender extensions.
You get the larger crush cans and plastic covers when you order the Mopar winch plate.

I didn't replace the crush cans on mine. The hawse extends beyond the crush cans, but it is just fine.

Jeep Wrangler JL Official: New Jeep Wrangler Xtreme Recon Package Announced. Will Debut at Chicago Auto Show 1624643766508
Sponsored

Reactions: DHW

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Great... The writing was on the wall but if you asked me a week ago what big news I wanted to hear from Jeep it would have been around a Mojave Wrangler. With that said, I'm curious if Jeep will offer this on the JT (both Rubicon and Mojave).
Unlike Wrangler, which has had a sheltered life, Gladiator has had to deal with direct competitors since day one, and it seems to be doing just fine.

Steve JLUR

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GC Summit
To all the complainers here: please send your contact info to
Jeep Corporate Office Headquarters
Chrysler Group LLC
1000 Chrysler Dr.
Auburn Hills, MI USA 48326-2766

I received a note from Jeep asking for you all to send this info. They were incredulous as to how they made it to 80 years without paying for your input. And they want to rectify that oversight now. They did say that not one red cent would be offered to you in discount for the vehicle you have maligned, but they would send that amount in a gift card. Unfortunately the card has a $4.95 activation fee due upon initial use (Not for use with products and services offered on Earth).

If you’re not going to buy it, they weren’t marketing to you anyway.

Last edited:

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
thats exactly what I asked in another thread. that is impossible without other significant changes, or they are measuring from another spot and its not apples to apples.
Yeah they've got to be measuring from a different spot. There's no way the lowest point went up that much just from the tire swap.

So both Ford and Jeep decided that 34" == 35" now? :clap:
That's been a perennial question for as long as I've been on Jeep forums, over 20 years now. How are tires measured?

Manufacturers measure tires on a specific width wheel, at a specific PSI, and include the bulge of the sidewalls.

Owners measure tires on their own wheels, at their own PSI, in a straight line without the sidewall bulge.

So it's no wonder a "35" ends up being 34 inches on a 4x4, especially once the weight of the vehicle is upon it.

Sponsored

DHW

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Occupation
Attorney
To all the complainers here: please send your contact info to
Jeep Corporate Office Headquarters
Chrysler Group LLC
1000 Chrysler Dr.
Auburn Hills, MI USA 48326-2766

I received a note from Jeep asking for you all to send this info. They were incredulous as to how they made it to 80 years without paying for your input. And they want to rectify that oversight now. They did say that not one red cent would be offered to you in discount for the vehicle you have maligned, but they would send that amount in a gift card. Unfortunately the card has a $4.95 activation fee due upon initial use (Not for use with products and services offer on Earth).

If you’re not going to buy it, they weren’t marketing to you anyway.
Sick burn brotato chip!

NBB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR
It's based on the tire speed rating. The 99 (97 restricted) on the current 33s is based on those tires being a Q rated tire. If these are 110 then it means they are an S rated tire. Or higher.
Indeed - and it appears BFG actually has a few new tires out, including a T rated version. S must be "stock" grade.

Super funny - these ratings use to be reserved for tires you'd put on a sports car - now available on 35's - for a performance V8 Jeep? I guess a 2022 Jeep is probably safer than an 80's sports car at 100+ mph? Lol.

https://www.bfgoodrichtires.com/auto/tires/all-terrain-t-a-ko2

Jeep Wrangler JL Official: New Jeep Wrangler Xtreme Recon Package Announced. Will Debut at Chicago Auto Show 1624646773413

SSinGA

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 2018 JLUR, 2016 JKRHR, 2012 JKU Sahara
Indeed - and it appears BFG actually has a few new tires out, including a T rated version. S must be "stock" grade.

Super funny - these ratings use to be reserved for tires you'd put on a sports car - now available on 35's - for a performance V8 Jeep? I guess a 2022 Jeep is probably safer than an 80's sports car at 100+ mph? Lol.

https://www.bfgoodrichtires.com/auto/tires/all-terrain-t-a-ko2

Jeep Wrangler JL Official: New Jeep Wrangler Xtreme Recon Package Announced. Will Debut at Chicago Auto Show 1624646773413
Based on the 604 Revs per mile number the tire is functionally a 33.39" tire.

Sjbiss

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JL Rubicon 4xe

New Jeep® Wrangler Xtreme Recon Package Takes 4x4 Capability to New Levels
Global debut set for 2021 Chicago Auto Show Camp Jeep on Thursday, July 14, 2021
  • Jeep® Wrangler Xtreme Recon package offers 35-inch tires straight from the factory; further improving approach angle, departure angle, ground clearance and water fording capability
  • Customer orders now open with production at the Toledo (Ohio) Assembly Plant starting in August
  • Industry-first 100:1 crawl ratio from the factory will be available for ordering on the Wrangler Rubicon later this year
June 25, 2021 , Auburn Hills, Mich. - Jeep® 4x4 capability is legendary, and the brand continues its leadership position as the most capable 4x4 in the world.

As the brand continues its 80th Anniversary this year, it is elevating its capability game yet again with the introduction of the new Jeep Wrangler Xtreme Recon Package at the 2021 Chicago Auto Show on July 14.

“For the first time ever, the new Jeep Wrangler Xtreme Recon Package delivers 35-inch tires straight from the factory,” said Jim Morrison, Vice President, Jeep Brand North America. “We have been listening to and watching our customers make this one of the most popular modifications to their Wranglers, and now we will deliver this exciting new package, along with an industry-first 100:1 crawl ratio, off the showroom floor at our Jeep dealerships.”

The new Jeep Wrangler Xtreme Recon Package includes:
  • LT315/70R17C (35-inch) BF Goodrich KO2 All-Terrain Tires
  • 17-inch x 8-inch Beadlock Capable Wheels
  • 4.56:1 Axle Ratio
  • 1.5-inch Factory Suspension Lift with uniquely tuned shocks
The results: Best-in-class approach angle, departure angle, ground clearance and water fording capability:
  • Approach angle – 47.4 degrees
  • Breakover angle – 26.7 degrees
  • Departure angle – 40.4 degrees
  • Ground clearance – 12.9 inches
  • Water fording – 33.6 inches
Customers can now order the Jeep Wrangler Xtreme Recon package on both Wrangler Rubicon 4-door and Wrangler Rubicon 392 models. Production at the Toledo (Ohio) Assembly Plant will start in August.

A new 4.88:1 axle ratio will be available on the Wrangler Rubicon. When paired with the six-speed manual transmission, this optional axle ratio delivers a best-in-class 100:1 crawl ratio for increased wheel torque and control when navigating off-road obstacles. The 4.88:1 axle ratio will be available for ordering later in 2021.

Be sure to check out the Jeep brand reveal at the Chicago Auto Show for more on this and the new 2022 Jeep Compass on July 14, 2021.

I like those wheels. Wonder how much they will cost on their own.

Sponsored

MonopoliJLUR

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler unlimited rubicon
For all the people complaining about it not being available for lower models or making the lockers available or something for the lower models, that shouldn’t happen, it’ll defeat the purpose of the rubicon and the higher trim models are always the more profitable cars so why would jeep try to draw customers away from those models, honestly in my opinion from a business standpoint what ford is doing is kind of silly and I can’t see Jeep following that direction at all

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
For all the people complaining about it not being available for lower models or making the lockers available or something for the lower models, that shouldn’t happen, it’ll defeat the purpose of the rubicon and the higher trim models are always the more profitable cars so why would jeep try to draw customers away from those models, honestly in my opinion from a business standpoint what ford is doing is kind of silly and I can’t see Jeep following that direction at all
Agree.

But unlike Jeep, Ford has nothing to lose and much to gain. So Ford is tossing everything to see what sticks.