Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician
Look at the first and third pic. Those fog light bezel/crush cans are really sticking way out there.

Also the little govt mandated fender extensions.
Once seen, cannot be unseen...
Sponsored

Reactions: DHW

Rogue Toad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLU Rubicon
Did they mention a price for this package?

I do wish the 35's had been an option when I ordered mine, but I wonder how the package price would compare to just putting on an equivalent lift, tires, and wheels.

daveprice7

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport 2DR, 2020 Willys 2DR
Occupation
Nerd
Many of the decisions manufacturers make on trims are based on production line complexity.
I could totally understand that argument, but.. tires/suspension aren't complicated; so not even offering it on a vehicle that kind of warrants it, except for on one trim level, when customers have been asking for it forever, is weak. It's not new or unique to Jeep by any means, but it doesn't make it a good business practice.

I'm kind of going off of the assumption that the overwhelming majority of people who would want this package (or a similar one) on a non-Rubicon Jeep, really just want 35" tires and a lift, and they're going to get that regardless of the Rubicon sticker on the hood, but they want to be able to finance it. That is where I think Jeep is leaving money on the table, not the small fraction of folks who want lockers on a Jeep with manual windows.

Perhaps this is a void they could fill in that "Mopar Mod" shop that I heard they are doing for adding custom-ordered Jeep upgrades before it reaches the dealer. I'll bet this is also an end-around for the likely EPA tax on a Jeep with "Factory 35s".

MattT69

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Now if Jeep can respond with a 4 part hardtop for the 4 doors and stock half doors design and body mounted mirrors and stock LED headlights and a rear locker only option in one of the trims... 😀 GETTING CLOSER...

Fsttanks

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 JK / 2020 JLUR
You're a tire whisperer? Kewl.
No I just drive harder then you and listed more closely to what they are saying. Sorry you don’t understand this, but that only speaks to your lack of experience behind the wheel.

Sponsored

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Now if Jeep can respond with a 4 part hardtop for the 4 doors and stock half doors design and body mounted mirrors and stock LED headlights and a rear locker only option in one of the trims... 😀 GETTING CLOSER...
Have to save something for 2023 :)

daveprice7

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Nerd
All these people thinking they know how to better market and produce one of the most successful 4x4's ever made.
I have a Ph.D. in armchair quarterbacking, though the Ph.D. is more of an honorary title.

daveprice7

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Nerd

I do wish the 35's had been an option when I ordered mine, but I wonder how the package price would compare to just putting on an equivalent lift, tires, and wheels.
Someone said their dealer quoted $4K

Truthfully I think this is only worth it for the gear swap or if you need to finance it or want it under warranty.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Pretty cool but I bet it is gonna be Xtremely Xpensive.

Honestly the sasquatch package is a way better deal for financially conscious people. If I was gonna build a Rubicon JL Id rather spend the $$$ on a higher end lift such as MC or RK and buying my own set of 35s selling 33s takeoffs.

Jeeps not doing shit for the lower end trims. Ford is. Quite unfurtunate the Bronco is so damn ugly.

Sponsored

Bandana

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR

Wheels, 35s, spacer lift, and shocks cost me a little over $4k with labor on my 18 Rubi, granted I was able to offset by selling my take-offs. At $3995 I'm sold with the 4.56/4.88 option that's included. Did I see that the tailgate reinforcement and tire relocation kit was also part of the package??? https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...debut-at-chicago-auto-show.74625/post-1554698

I'll be ordering as soon as Jeep makes Gobi available on the wranglers again

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
[
For all the people complaining about it not being available for lower models or making the lockers available or something for the lower models, that shouldn’t happen, it’ll defeat the purpose of the rubicon and the higher trim models are always the more profitable cars so why would jeep try to draw customers away from those models, honestly in my opinion from a business standpoint what ford is doing is kind of silly and I can’t see Jeep following that direction at all
Fords a strong company. I doubt they will push the sasquatch package for silly reasons.

And Jeep most have their reasons as well. It is what it is. Luckily as consumers we have options now. I wish there was something between rubi and sport, willys doesnt make the cut. But I guess most people buying Jeeps dont care.

Rogue Toad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLU Rubicon
Wheels, 35s, spacer lift, and shocks cost me a little over $4k with labor on my 18 Rubi, granted I was able to offset by selling my take-offs. At $3995 I'm sold with the 4.56/4.88 option that's included. Did I see that the tailgate reinforcement and tire relocation kit was also part of the package??? https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...debut-at-chicago-auto-show.74625/post-1554698

I'll be ordering as soon as Jeep makes Gobi available on the wranglers again
Interesting. I guess it does make a compelling case vs. having to do it yourself, especially with being able to roll it in when you finance, having the warranty, and just not having to mess with it yourself. On the other hand, they will be pocketing some big profits from it.

Their incremental cost is is probably $500-1000 (if that), because they are "keeping" all the stuff you'd have to take off, and of course they have no labor to swap parts because it would just be OEM. So they are clearly pricing vs. what the average cost would be to the customer to do it, not their cost plus a typical markup.

I would have guessed (or hoped) the package price would be about $2000-2500.
Sponsored