New Jeep® Wrangler Xtreme Recon Package Takes 4x4 Capability to New Levels
Global debut set for 2021 Chicago Auto Show Camp Jeep on Thursday, July 14, 2021
- Jeep® Wrangler Xtreme Recon package offers 35-inch tires straight from the factory; further improving approach angle, departure angle, ground clearance and water fording capability
- Customer orders now open with production at the Toledo (Ohio) Assembly Plant starting in August
- Industry-first 100:1 crawl ratio from the factory will be available for ordering on the Wrangler Rubicon later this year
As the brand continues its 80th Anniversary this year, it is elevating its capability game yet again with the introduction of the new Jeep Wrangler Xtreme Recon Package at the 2021 Chicago Auto Show on July 14.
“For the first time ever, the new Jeep Wrangler Xtreme Recon Package delivers 35-inch tires straight from the factory,” said Jim Morrison, Vice President, Jeep Brand North America. “We have been listening to and watching our customers make this one of the most popular modifications to their Wranglers, and now we will deliver this exciting new package, along with an industry-first 100:1 crawl ratio, off the showroom floor at our Jeep dealerships.”
The new Jeep Wrangler Xtreme Recon Package includes:
- LT315/70R17C (35-inch) BF Goodrich KO2 All-Terrain Tires
- 17-inch x 8-inch Beadlock Capable Wheels
- 4.56:1 Axle Ratio
- 1.5-inch Factory Suspension Lift with uniquely tuned shocks
- Approach angle – 47.4 degrees
- Breakover angle – 26.7 degrees
- Departure angle – 40.4 degrees
- Ground clearance – 12.9 inches
- Water fording – 33.6 inches
A new 4.88:1 axle ratio will be available on the Wrangler Rubicon. When paired with the six-speed manual transmission, this optional axle ratio delivers a best-in-class 100:1 crawl ratio for increased wheel torque and control when navigating off-road obstacles. The 4.88:1 axle ratio will be available for ordering later in 2021.
Be sure to check out the Jeep brand reveal at the Chicago Auto Show for more on this and the new 2022 Jeep Compass on July 14, 2021.
Last edited by a moderator: