photogoose

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! Wrangler Sport S Unlimited, 2009 Hyundai Sonata
Make the Whole World Your Playground With the New LEGO® Technic™ Jeep® Wrangler

December 3, 2020 , Auburn Hills, Mich. - Today, the Jeep® brand and the LEGO Group revealed the newest LEGO® Technic™ model, the one-of-a-kind Jeep Wrangler Rubicon. Designed to emulate the iconic look, design and legendary off-road capabilities of the actual vehicle, this first-ever LEGO model of a Jeep SUV - the LEGO Technic Jeep Wrangler - is ready to face any epic adventure.

The new model of this powerful SUV will provide a thrilling building experience for LEGO fans of all ages as they recreate the high-performance 4x4 systems, rugged tires, fold-down rear seats and classic seven-slot grille in LEGO Technic form.

Once the build is complete, builders create endless off-road adventures with the feature-packed, 665-piece model. A button-operated front steering system and powerful axle-articulation suspension means they will love testing out their model on obstacles everywhere. The eye-catching, yellow-and-black color scheme is captivating in action or on display.

The LEGO Technic Jeep Wrangler is designed for Jeep and LEGO fans alike, aged 9 and above. It will be available January 1, 2021, from LEGO.com, LEGO stores and other retailers globally, priced at $49.99 (49.99€ / £44.99).

”The Jeep Wrangler is an icon in the off-road world,” said Lars Thygesen, Designer, LEGO Technic. “The Rubicon has a lot of the iconic details loved by 4x4 fans the world over, so it was important to me to pack as many of the authentic, powerful features of the real vehicle into the LEGO Technic replica. I hope LEGO fans and vehicle lovers enjoy all aspects, including the suspension, winch and open-air design that we developed alongside the talented Jeep design team.”

“With an 80-year legacy that reaches around the world, our owners, fans and followers have quite literally grown up with us,” said Christian Meunier, Global President of the Jeep Brand. “Our partnership with the LEGO Group gives our enthusiasts another inclusive opportunity to share the passion they have for the Jeep Wrangler, a global automotive icon that represents fun, freedom and unbridled adventure.”

“Ask any Jeep Wrangler owner and they’ll tell you that their vehicle is just a bigger version of this new LEGO set,” said Mark Allen, Head of Jeep Design. “The design of the Jeep Wrangler allows them to take it apart, top off, doors off, reconfigure it, add new pieces from our Mopar team, and then put it back together again. This LEGO Technic Jeep Wrangler should bring a new level of joy to our Jeep enthusiasts and help inspire future designers to the brand.”

More info: Technic Jeep Wrangler revealed!

Jeep Wrangler JL Official Lego Technic Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Model Screen Shot 2020-12-03 at 9.13.28 AM
Jeep Wrangler JL Official Lego Technic Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Model Lego Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Screen Shot 2020-12-03 at 6.23.00 AM
Jeep Wrangler JL Official Lego Technic Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Model Lego Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Screen Shot 2020-12-03 at 6.22.49 AM
Jeep Wrangler JL Official Lego Technic Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Model Lego Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Screen Shot 2020-12-03 at 6.23.18 AM
Jeep Wrangler JL Official Lego Technic Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Model Lego Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Screen Shot 2020-12-03 at 6.23.09 AM
Jeep Wrangler JL Official Lego Technic Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Model Lego Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Screen Shot 2020-12-03 at 6.23.41 AM
Jeep Wrangler JL Official Lego Technic Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Model Lego Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Screen Shot 2020-12-03 at 6.23.31 AM
Jeep Wrangler JL Official Lego Technic Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Model Lego Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Screen Shot 2020-12-03 at 6.23.52 AM

Jeep Wrangler JL Official Lego Technic Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Model Screen Shot 2020-12-03 at 9.13.28 AM
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
photogoose

photogoose

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! Wrangler Sport S Unlimited, 2009 Hyundai Sonata
that's cool, I wish it were a little bigger like my Defender one I built...
Jeep Wrangler JL Official Lego Technic Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Model IMG_2613
Yeah, I'm disappointed by the smaller scale. Will still probably pick it up.

cOtter

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Sahara 2.0L Ocean Blue Metallic, Toyota Highlander & Pontiac G6 coupe
Occupation
Senior Manager PM (Automotive OEM)
My daughter and I are LEGO freaks!!!!

with all of the detail that LEGO puts into their kits, it is a shame that they did not do more homework to make it look more like a Jeep.

If you are not sure what I mean.... take a look as some of their kits for Star Wars stuff. Granted..... not many of us see a X-Wing on a daily basis but I would bet that we would wave at them if we did!!!!

my $0.02

SmoothJeepOperator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Wrangler Sport
My daughter and I are LEGO freaks!!!!

with all of the detail that LEGO puts into their kits, it is a shame that they did not do more homework to make it look more like a Jeep.

If you are not sure what I mean.... take a look as some of their kits for Star Wars stuff. Granted..... not many of us see a X-Wing on a daily basis but I would bet that we would wave at them if we did!!!!

my $0.02
I'm not a lego freak, but just looking at it, if it didnt say Rubicon on it I would have a hard time calling it a wrangler. If it looked more like a Wrangler I would get one. With the way it looks, meh, i think i'll pass.

Sponsored

Sponsored

Barely Krawlified

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Jeep and Lego missed a big opportunity here given not only the small scale of the model but most glaringly is the failure of the model to capture the distinctive iconic lines and aesthetics of the JL Rubicon.

My kids and I love putting together, playing with and displaying Lego builds and particular their vehicle offerings. We are in a lot of company in that particular hobby.

Considering some of Lego’s unbelievably detailed and large vehicle models I am saddened that the one I’ve been patiently waiting for was not given the attention and thoughtfulness it deserves.
I can only speak with my pocketbook so it’ll be a pass for me.

Whaler27

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude Ecodiesel, 2005 Mustang GT, 2018 Ford Raptor, 2018 BMW R1200GSA, 2020 Honda Monkeybikes (2), 1972 Honda CT-70, 1980 Honda CT-70,
Occupation
Saving the world :-)
Thanks for posting this, Matt. I just bought one for my 69 year old brother to match is yella Jeep!

BritishGuy

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, Ocean Blue, 6sp. (SOLD)
I think Lego totally missed a huge opportunity with this model and could have easily come out with a more detailed Technic variant or even moved it over to the Creator Expert line and really brought out the details. Unfortunately I won't be adding this one to my current collection...

PXL_20200917_191715940.MP.jpg

S2k Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1 S2000, Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
Finance
There are basically two tracks for Lego cars, there are the ones that strive to look like the cars they are models of, with not much going on underneath the skin, and then the Technic models which are much more complicated under the skin but tend to not look as much like the car it mimics. For better or worse this Jeep is the latter.

Creator:
Jeep Wrangler JL Official Lego Technic Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Model 1607009240974
Jeep Wrangler JL Official Lego Technic Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Model 1607009240974

Technic:

Jeep Wrangler JL Official Lego Technic Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Model 1607009272509
Jeep Wrangler JL Official Lego Technic Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Model 1607009272509