Sponsored

0II392II0

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURH
Does anyone know for sure that they are actually producing these 392 yet ? I think perhaps they haven't even started the production line...
They have in one of the threads Alleycat even posted some pictures of a few at the Toledo facility that were taken by employees.
Sponsored

Kuczy

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘13 JKUR. ‘17 JKUR Recon
Does anyone know for sure that they are actually producing these 392 yet ? I think perhaps they haven't even started the production line...
From Facebook a few weeks ago

539FA781-CD8E-4A8C-ACA5-EFC4ABFD02EA.jpeg

BCMgunner

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 on 37” KO2s
From Facebook a few weeks ago

539FA781-CD8E-4A8C-ACA5-EFC4ABFD02EA.jpeg
I’m confused as the initial press release stated “Mopar 2 inch lift” and showed the 392 on 37s without issue. Now some press releases say 1” above Rubicon which sounds to me like the Mojave suspension which really is only an inch over the Rubicon and not the 2” gained over the Rubicon with the Mopar lift. Further evidence the 392 has the Mojave lift is the recent mention of the 392 having hydraulic bump stops like the Mojave.

The Mojave lift and the Mopar 2” lift are two different suspensions and heights.

Can anyone tell me from the picture above if this is the Mojave or Mopar lift?

The difference is the Mojave can likely accommodate 35s while the Mopar 37s.

The ultimate would be the Mopar 2” lift with the hydraulic bump stops of the Mojave.

SDJEEP4PAPA

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 On Order
Drove along side a new Bronco today, granted its not a very good review to judge a book by its cover but just seeing that thing drive down the road, I am sure glad I decided to get the Wrangler. This was a Bronco sport and it struck me to be more like a 4 runner or any other small SUV.. Those doors must weigh a ton, they don't look like they should be taken off... the package was just boring...I don't think it will be much competition for Jeep...

Rob97RR

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392 XR Rubi, 2023 C8 Corvette Z06 & 2023 Ducati
Occupation
Stay at home dad to 2 munchkins, best job in the world!
I’m confused as the initial press release stated “Mopar 2 inch lift” and showed the 392 on 37s without issue. Now some press releases say 1” above Rubicon which sounds to me like the Mojave suspension which really is only an inch over the Rubicon and not the 2” gained over the Rubicon with the Mopar lift. Further evidence the 392 has the Mojave lift is the recent mention of the 392 having hydraulic bump stops like the Mojave.

The Mojave lift and the Mopar 2” lift are two different suspensions and heights.

The ultimate would be the Mopar 2” lift with the hydraulic bump stops of the Mojave.

I'm confused about this as well, since there seems to be conflicting information about it. I'm inclined to believe the guy from another forum that reportedly works there and say's it's one inch, but I'm not sure we'll know anything for absolutely certain until someone gets their hands on one.

Which I can imagine sucks if you're trying to determine what tires to order.

The only thing of value I can add, is that if your referring to the granite crystal 392 with the half-doors from the original release photos, that accompanied the blue one with the sky roof, I'm pretty certain those were 35's, not 37's. If you're referring to another one though, then disregard that.

Sponsored

BCMgunner

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 on 37” KO2s
Correct, there is a Crystal Granite on Nitto Trail Grappler 11.5 x 35’s in the final press release but prior to that, at the initial press release and in the Motor Trend article, it was riding on BFG KM3 12.5 x 37s.🤷🏻‍♂️

Exactly, would like to have the tires ordered ahead of time to limit the amount of time on those awkwardly small 33s 😅

graytrucks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 392, 2020 LR Discovery, 2015 RR Sport SC
Drove along side a new Bronco today, granted its not a very good review to judge a book by its cover but just seeing that thing drive down the road, I am sure glad I decided to get the Wrangler. This was a Bronco sport and it struck me to be more like a 4 runner or any other small SUV.. Those doors must weigh a ton, they don't look like they should be taken off... the package was just boring...I don't think it will be much competition for Jeep...
I agree based on the Bronco Sport which looks smallish and cheap, but the regular Bronco isn’t out yet as far as I know and looks MUCH better. I still ordered the Jeep (because of the 392), but absent that I would have at least given the Bronco (non-Sport) a look.

SandStorm4x4

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21Sarge 392, ‘15 Tank JKUR, ‘07 Resc.GreenJKUR
Anybody notice the 392 has Fox “ hydraulic rebound stop(s)” up front like the Mojave?

https://s3.amazonaws.com/chryslerme...bicon_392_Specsla6s2mf70hctfgb5q521eniaq4.pdf
i noticed it said that as well, but “rebound stop” is referring to the internals of the shock itself , it’s providing a smoother rebound after a hard compression. it’s not the hydraulic “bump stop” which would be awesome it it was on the 392

they discuss it in this thread also

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/hydraulic-rebound-stop-rubicon.2560/

shrinkhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
I never understand why they only spec these narrow rims on every trim. I like the looks of stock jeep rims but you can't fit anything fun onto these 7.5inch wide rims. Guess it's the offset.... but at least make it an option from the factory to get at least 8 or 8.5 if not 9 inch wide rims. Why is that so hard Jeep?

OP
OP
pnut

pnut

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler 392 XR
I never understand why they only spec these narrow rims on every trim. I like the looks of stock jeep rims but you can't fit anything fun onto these 7.5inch wide rims. Guess it's the offset.... but at least make it an option from the factory to get at least 8 or 8.5 if not 9 inch wide rims. Why is that so hard Jeep?
There are very specific regulations any automaker has to follow. First one that comes to mind is coverage of the tire by the fender. That is limiting to start because of the geometry of the Jeep and size of the fenders (notice that the Rubicon has larger tires but also has different fender flares that are larger than the sport / Sahara)

The other is that I would assume that Jeep has only certified this vehicle (crash test,etc) with a certain size wheel and in order to go larger than that they have to recertify which is hugely expensive and they may not want to do that.
Only speculation of course but I do know automaker are quite limited by regulations.

Sponsored

shrinkhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
There are very specific regulations any automaker has to follow. First one that comes to mind is coverage of the tire by the fender. That is limiting to start because of the geometry of the Jeep and size of the fenders (notice that the Rubicon has larger tires but also has different fender flares that are larger than the sport / Sahara)

The other is that I would assume that Jeep has only certified this vehicle (crash test,etc) with a certain size wheel and in order to go larger than that they have to recertify which is hugely expensive and they may not want to do that.
Only speculation of course but I do know automaker are quite limited by regulations.
They do sell a mopar aftermarket wheel that is 8 inches wide..... that alone would be nice as a factory option. but yeah.

shrinkhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
I do not understand the 33-inch tires:headbang:. I am ignorant of what standards have to be met regarding maximum vehicle height, bumper height, maximum center-of-gravity and dynamic characteristics that have to be met form crash testing. I am assuming this has something to do with it?

Whomever does their consumer demand profit estimates, they must not think they can make enough money off factory ordered 35 and or 37-inch tier equipped, geared model/trim options on the normal power plant equip JL’s.:facepalm::mad::angry:

I do not understand producing an overpowered, overpriced💰, boat limousine, with limited trail applications. Like the TRX, cool but stupid💩.

I hope they listen to their off road base when they lose some of their customer base over the Found On Road Dead Badlands Sasquatch 2-Door, Manual.:facepalm:
I just wanted to say I really appreciate your emoji game here!!

Kuczy

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘13 JKUR. ‘17 JKUR Recon
Most people that love the bronco and think it’s way better than the wrangler are never going to buy one… Just saying.

DellCook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 392

I would think Stellantis (which owns FCA) wouldn't outright state that the 392 includes a 2-inch factory lift in their press release if it didn't, in fact, include a 2" factory lift. While I believe you're referring to the 392 Concept Vehicle with the 37" tires, it would stand to reason given the timing of the unveiling of the Concept in relation to the timing of the official 392 production announcement, that the Concept would be running the same suspension as the production model.... or maybe not. Hopefully we find out soon!
Sponsored