Sponsored

0II392II0

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURH
OK 392er, got some humor for us while we endlessly wait to hear the next new bit about our "Launch Editions." So if you've been reading the 392 sections regularly there have been quite a few what I'll call "Ecopeople" for now... that have been trolling our threads, be it unnecessary, unpractical, behind the times as far as gas to performance, and countless comments about the MPG in that thread. (I'm summing up these ECOpeople comments so bare with me.)

Well I got board so I started reading some of their threads. First let me go on to say no trolling from over hear on their threads..... But the part that I was getting a kick out of...Drumroll......
Their vehicles are be hind schedule as well but the best part....Looks like total range was off by almost 10% and MPG was only going to be 21 and that the listed hp/lb numbers where listed higher than there going to be at release. This is all off the thread what's the hold up? lets speculate. I found that all to funny.
(There are a lot of great people who will buy that model(not this guy) and this is not to poke at them, there were other's that took it to them selves to come over here and rain on our parade. I know they thought that was funny as did I find out some information on their model and thought some you might get a laugh out of that ass well. )
Sponsored

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
and here in SOCAL you are not going more than 150 miles without going thru a 5k foot pass that freezes and snows in all the time...
what SOCAL are you talking about? Because if it is Southern California you are nuts - “all the time”. You mean like the couple of days all year that the roads are not clear for cars. Socal has some of the best driving roads around and most are accessible all year around as well. Even when they get snow it is so bad (not much snow any longer) these days that the roads are cleared in days. Clearly you have never owned a sports car and taken advantage of the many mountain trails from San Diego to the Northern border Of the state. Some of the best sports car driving in the country.

Ben_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 392 Granite Crystal
Clearly you have never owned a sports car and taken advantage of the many mountain trails from San Diego to the Northern border Of the state. Some of the best sports car driving in the country.
They were responding to someone saying that for $80k you can just buy a corvette (which is an amazing car btw). What mountain trails are you taking corvettes on?

And what's the deal with people coming into the 392 threads and trying to compare it to sports cars? It's a Jeep! We're not getting it for it's cornering abilities!

Cabernet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Wrangler X
Catching up on my daily 392 thread addiction.

My Hubby owns a 2009 vette and I have the 2002 TJ (which everyone thought would be an on road only vehicle) Ha... It goes to Ouray just about every year.

So Hubby said the wrong thing last year.....(Honey if they every put a V-8 in a Jeep, I'll buy you one)

So here I am eagerly awaiting, but I will be selling by beloved TJ soon. Life goes on.

Come on Jeep let's do this launch.

Sponsored

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
They were responding to someone saying that for $80k you can just buy a corvette (which is an amazing car btw). What mountain trails are you taking corvettes on?

And what's the deal with people coming into the 392 threads and trying to compare it to sports cars? It's a Jeep! We're not getting it for it's cornering abilities!
Got it. I guess that is worse then that someone is comparing a 392 Jeep to a Sports car for a dirt trail. I guess that is one way to make your point when you say a Jeep 392 is better than a Corvette.

Go Outside

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU

The “trails” are paved, little traveled roads that are amazing fun in a sports car.
The reason for the comparison to sports cars is the oversized engine. I guess I should have compared it to a toy hauler instead. Better yet, I should have asked how often have you needed that much more power and what were you doing?
Were you off road?
Was the top off?
Were the doors off?
What other aspects of the jeep were necessary when you found it underpowered.
I apologize for assuming you want a bigger engine for more performance if all you really want is just a bigger engine and a cool ride. And I understand if jeeps are just what you like to be seen in.

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
The “trails” are paved, little traveled roads that are amazing fun in a sports car.
The reason for the comparison to sports cars is the oversized engine. I guess I should have compared it to a toy hauler instead. Better yet, I should have asked how often have you needed that much more power and what were you doing?
Were you off road?
Was the top off?
Were the doors off?
I apologize for assuming you want a bigger engine for more performance if all you really want is just a bigger engine and a cool ride. And I understand if jeeps are just what you like to be seen in.
The only justification the 392 needs is that most people would consider it "fun". All other metrics don't matter once this is factored in, even if you can't afford it.

Ben_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 392 Granite Crystal
Were you off road?
Was the top off?
Were the doors off?
I've not owned a Jeep since 2010. It was a TJ (in my picture) and it was a dog. But even though it was slow, I never thought that I needed more power. It did everything I needed it to. I've had quite a few sports cars, including a 2018 BMW M3 6MT that I'll be selling when the 392 gets here. I don't have any illusions that the 392 will perform close to my M3 on the road. But I'm not getting it for on-road performance. I want an off-roader that can take the family camping in remote places. And since I don't commute to an office, I don't need something with good MPG. This is purely a fun vehicle for me. More power helps with the "fun" IMO.

Sponsored

SDJEEP4PAPA

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 On Order
what SOCAL are you talking about? Because if it is Southern California you are nuts - “all the time”. You mean like the couple of days all year that the roads are not clear for cars. Socal has some of the best driving roads around and most are accessible all year around as well. Even when they get snow it is so bad (not much snow any longer) these days that the roads are cleared in days. Clearly you have never owned a sports car and taken advantage of the many mountain trails from San Diego to the Northern border Of the state. Some of the best sports car driving in the country.
San Diego... I had to go to Santa Cruz 3 times last year between November and February and every time they were requiring chains over the Grapevine... ditto on the 8... Yes during the summer you are OK but you can't count on good weather on those passes in the Winter... Not to mention I like going to Mammoth and you often need chains either getting there or going home.. maybe I am just unlucky and that Vette would be just fine.. I had those wide tires 295-40-20's on my rear wheel drive Chevy SSR with 400Hp... I wouldn't take that thing out in a drizzle it was very dangerous in wet conditions, let alone snow...

weeitsmikelee

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Wrangler392; ‘20 F-Pace; '15 XL883N; '82 CX500
Occupation
Healthcare
Vehicle Showcase
Dealer sent an email saying msrp is $75,240

SDJEEP4PAPA

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 On Order
Does anyone know for sure that they are actually producing these 392 yet ? I think perhaps they haven't even started the production line...
Sponsored