Sponsored

BCMgunner

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 on 37” KO2s
Visit the Jeep site and compare the versions. The 392 is only 0.8” taller than the Rubicon. Then check out Motortrend article where it mentions the lift and the clearances.
Clearance depends on tire radius/diameter, and does not correlate necessarily with height of body above the ground. Both the Rubicon and 392 ride on the exact same 33” tires. The 392 clearance is lower because the hight of the engine drops the engine bay about and inch. We do know from the press release vehicles that the 392 can ride on 37s without issue like the Rubicon can ride on 35s.

One other point of interest is the 392 water fording depth is 2.5” more than a Rubicon.
Sponsored

Rob97RR

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392 XR Rubi, 2023 C8 Corvette Z06 & 2023 Ducati
Occupation
Stay at home dad to 2 munchkins, best job in the world!
You guys better go back to the drawing board as the Jeep sight also says the sport is 73.6 inches, splain that?
Well, crap. Just checked and that is true too, wtf? In fact all of the non 392 Wranglers are listed as 73.6. So that's no help.

I guess the only real way to confirm anything is when someone parks a stock (non-preproduction) 392 next to a stock Rubi and measures the distance from the tires to the fenders.

I'm assuming that no one has a reviewed a post production version yet, but does any know if that has been done?

I'm not as interested in a measurement of a pre-prod 392, as things sometimes get changed, tweaked and refined before the actual production models start rolling down the line.

For example, I know that some of the pre-production Corvette C8's that the Car mag's tested got a lot of criticism for the DCT trans, and by the time they re-tested post production models that was all corrected.

m5guy

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 & 23 392, 23 JT, BMW M5, BMW X7, Denali 3500
I picked up my first M5 in January. F90 LCI.
Best all around car I've ever owned. A little off topic in the Jeep forum, but like that our Marina Bay Blue matches Ocean Blue pretty closely. This one goes back in July, probably get another... or the Plaid+ Model S is looking appealing. I had a P85+ a while back... Wife has an X7 M50i which is a beast.

Jeep Wrangler JL Official: Jeep Wrangler 392 LAUNCH EDITION Starts at $73,500 Base Price. Build & Price Now Up Screen Shot 2020-08-08 at 9.12.46 PM

Rosco P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeepless at the moment.
Best all around car I've ever owned. A little off topic in the Jeep forum, but like that our Marina Bay Blue matches Ocean Blue pretty closely. This one goes back in July, probably get another... or the Plaid+ Model S is looking appealing. I had a P85+ a while back... Wife has an X7 M50i which is a beast.

Jeep Wrangler JL Official: Jeep Wrangler 392 LAUNCH EDITION Starts at $73,500 Base Price. Build & Price Now Up Screen Shot 2020-08-08 at 9.12.46 PM
Off topic or not...Beautiful car. My silly wife won’t let me put her in the X7 or I would and it would be the m50. But, she’s the boss.

I’m doing Tesla next as well, but I’m a ways out.

731C096F-F6C7-4710-BFF1-E02A251F8621.jpeg

Sponsored

m5guy

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Off topic or not...Beautiful car. My silly wife won’t let me put her in the X7 or I would and it would be the m50. But, she’s the boss.

I’m doing Tesla next as well, but I’m a ways out.

Jeep Wrangler JL Official: Jeep Wrangler 392 LAUNCH EDITION Starts at $73,500 Base Price. Build & Price Now Up 731C096F-F6C7-4710-BFF1-E02A251F8621
Beautiful ride - I like a lot of the LCI changes. Happy wife = happy life = Whatever she wants. Took a while for me to get my wife to get into the X7, she's been a full size GM SUV girl forever. Escalade took too long to come out so she went M50i. Drive the Tesla first!!! The powertrain/battery and user interface are amazing and certainly way ahead of their time. Rest of the car - comfort, fit and finish, trim, interior noise (road noise) and convenience features are... lacking. Put the Plaid+ drivetrain in the M5/7 Series/S-Class - that's brilliant. Have a Tri-motor cybertruck on order, not sure about that one yet.

Rosco P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeepless at the moment.
I’ve driven them. I agree with your assessment but I would not be afraid to live with a plaid. Numbers are astounding.

Funny thing is, wifey is going into an Escalade esv. Needs more space than her current ride. Sounds like I’m a few years behind you on the same curve.

TCS1666

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 GMC Sierra Denali - 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 (ordered) - 2017 GMC Acadia Denali (sold)
I'll get us back on track a bit here... Received an updated POC from the dealership today which includes pricing. Also learned my est. ship date moved from 3/4 to 3/9 :mad:

Jeep Wrangler JL Official: Jeep Wrangler 392 LAUNCH EDITION Starts at $73,500 Base Price. Build & Price Now Up 1614477558054

m5guy

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’ve driven them. I agree with your assessment but I would not be afraid to live with a plaid. Numbers are astounding.

Funny thing is, wifey is going into an Escalade esv. Needs more space than her current ride. Sounds like I’m a few years behind you on the same curve.
It's cool to have a stalker. :)

Let me know if you have questions - happy to help. Hope these 392's come soon, I'm getting a little twitchy, can't wait to play. Have a Drummond Island Michigan week scheduled in July, will see how tough the D44 axles are (or are not).

m5guy

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'll get us back on track a bit here... Received an updated POC from the dealership today which includes pricing. Also learned my est. ship date moved from 3/4 to 3/9 :mad:

Jeep Wrangler JL Official: Jeep Wrangler 392 LAUNCH EDITION Starts at $73,500 Base Price. Build & Price Now Up 1614477558054
That's the view I'm looking for - About 4k of wiggle room. Thanks for posting.

Sponsored

Gurk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 21 JL Hemi Sold: JL, JK, TJ, XJ
Occupation
IT Infrastructure Security
Updated with link to 392 Build & Price:

B&P LINK: https://www.jeep.com/bmo.wrangler.2...PBJ,X9,ESG,DFV,DME,Z1M,SDH,TXA,WGU,HD,UAQ,27X

Announcement: https://media.stellantisnorthamerica.com/newsrelease.do?id=22532&mid=1

392 LAUNCH EDITION: $73,500 base price + $1495 destination

Apparently this the "launch edition" no one has every heard about.

FULL RELEASE:

Jeep® Brand Announces Launch Edition Pricing for Well-equipped 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 – the Quickest, Most Powerful Wrangler Yet
  • 2021 Jeep® Wrangler Rubicon 392 launch edition, packed with 470 horsepower and 470 lb.-ft. of torque with a 6.4-liter V-8, carries a starting U.S. manufacturer’s suggested retail price (MSRP) of $73,500 (excluding $1,495 destination)
  • Wrangler Rubicon 392 includes off-road-ready content, including 2-inch factory lift, functional hood scoop with Hydro-Guide™ air intake, beadlock-capable wheels, unique bolstered leather seats and active dual-mode exhaust system
  • Rubicon 392 launch edition also includes leather interior, body-color hardtop and fender flares, Steel Bumper Group, LED Lighting Group and Advanced Safety Group
  • Wrangler Rubicon 392 handles any terrain with Selec-Trac two-speed transfer case, full-time four-wheel-drive, heavy-duty wide track Dana 44 axles with Tru-Lok electronic locking differentials and electronic front sway-bar disconnect
  • Off-road performance, handling and durability enhanced with upgraded frame rails, factory 2-inch lift, unique suspension geometry, heavy-duty brakes and FOX high-performance shocks
  • Rubicon 392’s potent 6.4-liter (or 392-cubic-inch) power plant marks the first time in 40 years that Wrangler offers an available V-8 engine installed at the factory
  • New 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 scheduled to start arriving in dealerships in the first quarter of 2021
  • Rubicon 392 is recognized with signature bronze tow hooks, springs and badges

February 24, 2021 , Auburn Hills, Mich. - The 2021 Jeep® Wrangler Rubicon 392 – packed with 470 horsepower and 470 lb.-ft. of torque from its 6.4-liter V-8, full-time 4x4, functional hood scoop, a dual-mode performance exhaust, and a long list of premium features standard, including a sport steering wheel with shift paddles and leather-covered performance seats – is on-road and off-road ready with a manufacturer’s suggested retail price (MSRP) of $73,500 (excluding $1,495 destination) for this launch edition.

“Our Jeep enthusiasts asked us for a Wrangler powered by a V-8 engine, and we listened. The result is the quickest and most powerful Jeep Wrangler yet, loaded with standard off-road performance features that make this Jeep Wrangler incredibly capable of covering the most rugged terrain,” said Jim Morrison, Vice President, Jeep Brand North America. “This new Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 broadens the meaning of Jeep Wrangler 4x4 capability and gives off-road enthusiasts something they can’t get anywhere else backed by the factory: V-8 performance and a 0-60 time of 4.5 seconds.”

In addition to the standard 392-cubic-inch, 470-horsepower V-8 engine, the Wrangler Rubicon 392 launch edition is loaded with standard equipment, including two Wrangler exclusives:
  • A functional hood scoop connected to the tri-level Hydro-Guide™ air intake system feeds the V-8 engine with cooler, outside air and separates water – up to 15 gallons per minute – to enable the Rubicon 392 to traverse water up to 32.5 inches deep
  • An active dual-mode exhaust delivers an unmistakable sound. The system engages automatically, opening valves in the exhaust system, under higher engine loads to reduce exhaust back pressure. The driver can also activate the system with the press of a button
Chassis changes include a 2-inch factory lift, upgraded frame rails, unique suspension geometry, heavy-duty brakes and FOX high-performance shocks. The Wrangler Rubicon 392 masters low-speed downhill descents by using the V-8’s engine braking, revised transmission torque converter lockup control and a 48:1 crawl ratio to manage vehicle speed without the driver needing to use the brake pedal.

Inside, the interior includes leather seats with bronze Rubicon 392 stitching and performance-inspired, integrated upper bolsters and a leather-wrapped, performance steering wheel with wheel-mounted paddle shifters, a first for the Jeep Wrangler. The Uconnect system projects on a standard 8.4-inch screen and includes Jeep Off-road Pages that allow owners to monitor pitch, roll, altitude, GPS coordinates, drivetrain power distribution and more.

The well-equipped Wrangler Rubicon 392 launch edition is also loaded with features that include:
  • Leather interior
  • Body-color hardtop
  • Body-color flares
  • Infotainment Group
  • HD electrical switch bank
  • Steel Bumper Group
  • Cold Weather Group
  • LED Lighting Group
  • Remote proximity entry
  • Safety Group
  • Advanced Safety Group
In addition, customers can add the following options to the Wrangler Rubicon 392 launch edition: Dual Door Group, Dual Top Group, Sky One-Touch Power Top and Integrated Off-road Camera, Trailer Tow Package and 285/70R17C BF Goodrich KO2 All-Terrain Outline White Letter or 285/70R17C Falken Wildpeak M/T tires.

The new 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 is scheduled to start arriving in dealerships this quarter of this year.

Jeep Wave Customer Care Program
Jeep Wave is a premium owner loyalty program filled with benefits and exclusive perks created to give Jeep owners the utmost care and dedicated 24/7 support. The Jeep Wave customer service program is available to the entire 2021 model-year Jeep brand lineup.

Jeep Wave program highlights include:
  • Three years of worry-free maintenance at Jeep dealerships, including oil changes and tire rotations
  • 24/7 support via phone or online chat
  • Trip interruption and first-day loaner coverage
  • VIP access to select, exclusive Jeep brand events
After my premature posting back in late Nov and In the interest of sharing with forum members... I have my Pricing. I'm in @ just over 5% - Under - MSRP.
I should have it in about a month.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
The Man, The Myth, The Legend. In my own mind.
Vehicle Showcase

I saw one on the street yesterday and was thinking, ”At least BMW hasn’t put buck teeth on the 5 series yet.“. Of course that will happen at some point but at least for now we can enjoy this as one of the more beautiful cars on the road.

As for the 392. I’m of the opinion that if I’m going to have a lot of power, I’m going to bloody well use it. I’ve got a Raptor and I put that engine through its paces regularly (both on and off road). But I’m just not sure I’d get that opportunity as much with the 392. Can the platform even handle that power when on road? We all know the Wrangler’s steering woes. IMO the steering needs a total overhaul with that much power. I simply have concerns with that particular Wrangler.

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
So, for $75-$80k, do you think that FCA will put primer under all hinges, to stop the inherent corrosion problem?? It should only cost FCA a couple of dollars to do this.
Sponsored